17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Weber

4 23.53%
  • Nash

13 76.47%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weber or Nash

vCash
    Nash would be a better fit for you guys. You need a big scoring winger more than another defenseman, even if it is Shea Weber. I think Nash would fit in perfectly in your system as well. I wonder which side Nash would play if he was traded to the Rangers. He's played LW before, but he played RW last year.

vCash
    Gabby, I still prefer Nash over Weber and Radulov.

Cubbie, I assume he plays the left side atleast when Gaborik returns he most likely would.

vCash
    weber + rad all day... rad can be just as productive as nash on a line with gabby and richards... and u get arguably the best defenseman in the league in weber

our top 4 d would all be capable of playing 30 mins on any given night and would hands down be the best top 4 in the league

on top of that radulov isn't signed for the next 6 seasons so if it doesn't work out we have the flexibility to be able to cut ties with him rather than be furious over giving up our best defenseman for one season of mediocre play (zherdev for tyutin debacle) because we're not giving up that much for him specifically
    Last edited by beast023; 06-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.

vCash
    Beast, how can you say Radulov would be as productive as Nash, I dont see it. I dont think its even close. Theres no player who is at that level in the NHL and has no help his entire career. Look at Kovalchuk, he had Heatley (when he was good), then had Hossa, played by himself for what 2 years then went to NJ.
    Last edited by Isca92; 06-16-2012 at 02:01 PM.

vCash
    well i realize radulov is a step down from nash but he is a big strong player that can finish playing on a line with gaborik and richards... look at some lesser players like michalek and cheechoo and what they can do with elite level players and if weber is in the mix that only adds to the possible production where as if we got nash weber wouldn't be there... also gaborik used to light it up in minnesota pretty much by himself and hasn't really had a far and away more productive season here yet

vCash
    Any chance we could get Bobby Ryan/Alexander Radulov and Rick Nash. I do not think we need as much defensive help as many thing. With Staal, Girardi, and McDonagh having another year of experience and Erixon and McIlrath joining the squad sooner rather than later, I think we can afford to go all offensive.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

vCash
    Beast, I agree with what you say about Gabs not changing his stats much since coming here but I think thats due to the type of player he is. Hes got great speed and great speed but not a complete package. I think the two of them would make great linemates and paired with Richards they put up numbers like Anahiems big 3.

As for Radulov, I look elsewhere. Plus if your bringing in Weber is Radulov high on players hed want as a teammate. I dont think the d needs top quality as they need depth, so I keep that players that package requires and continue to look for a forward.

SwiftSilent, its very doubtful they give up the assets to get both Nash and Ryan. They need 1 of those players not both.

vCash
    dont like the idea of radulov he didn't impress me in the playoffs if the rangers dont resign Scott, fedotenko, zuccarello (gone already) which i am assuming it gives us 3.66 million in cap space from current roster if dubs n mdz go in nash deal adds another5.3 million also been hearing rangers are not happy w AA (possibly trade in deal for weber) that would be another 1.87 million sp we would be around 10.8 million so my point from all these numbers is that nash deal would pay for itself as someone mentioned above leaving us 3 million to resign our free agents (biron prust mitchel + 1 or 2 of our d-man) also been seeing from writers online "that they could be in the $17-$18 million range" after resigning there free agents+ NASH with the remaining money why not go after weber and give McDouagh an extension then with whatever money is remaining look at a player like shultz or evander kane

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12