Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    If the Mets fall off by the deadline, it becomes more likely. Right now the Mets are in contention and I don't consider us sellers in a month. That is why games are played though as time goes by. Only time will tell. We'll see.
    It will not even become slightly likely unless a team throws Mike Trout or Dylan Bundy in SA's face, and that ain't happening.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    Dumber than the Red Sox trading Babe Ruth ? Me think not !!!!

How about the Reds trading Frank Robinson to the Orioles ?

How about the Mets trading Nolan Ryan ?
    You forget, Frank was an "old 30" at the time. The Bishop of the C of D will not honor this thread with a serious remark other than to say entertaining a trade of of Dickey is patently absurd unless the Nats want to give us Bryce Harper for our Lord and Savior.
    FELLOW SATINISTS INCLUDE:
    FoC, YS, Harry, Zmaster, Gotta, ArkansasMetsFan, KingsnQueens7, The-rock-man, Wrigheyes4MVP, Vendetta, Jim Labruno

vCash
    Trade him for Frenchy and Church, heck if they can throw in Bonilla.. DO IT!!! We gotta get while the irons hot!
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Dickey is an Ace/Workhorse who is just starting to master the knuckleball like no one has before.... and already has been a really really good pitcher for 2 years prior to this breakout! You could only hope and wish that any prospect works out to put up the numbers most predict Dickey to have moving forward. We have to compete at sometime. There's something to be said about a young team bought to go for wins and not give up on the season before it starts. We're not as many parts away from competing as most think...I think that's pretty clear now.

You move forward and try to retain Dickey for the long-term. You don't trade him for a riskier, young prospect you could only wish turns out to be close to the player Dickey is... both production and personality wise.
    Are You In That Mood Yet?!

vCash
    CHeapest #1 starter we've ever had.
    " You seek Yoda!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugmet View Post
    In 2-3 years he will be an anchor in the rotation still. Dickey is a keeper. Plus, this team CAN be a legit contender in 2013. No need to throw the 2013 season away.
    I'm not sold on 2013 yet, but I don't need to be for your point to stand. We should be contending by 2014 at the latest, and that's a team that Dickey can potentially be the ace of, depending on how Wheeler turns out.

It's nice that fans are embracing the rebuild, but they need some perspective. We're not so far away that we can't contend in the next 1-2 years without the haul RA would bring in return. We still have some building to do, but the perk of being a big market team is that many of those holes can be plugged through free agency. What matters is that we appear to have a solid young outfield, at least one cornerstone at a corner infield spot--and potentially two--and an ace-type pitcher in Dickey with perhaps another soon to follow in Wheeler. Things are shaping up nicely. Oh, and if Mejia ends up doing what he's capable of doing, you're looking at a potential franchise closer.

Imagine if Harvey and Wheeler turn out to be as-advertised? You're talking about a rotation like this: Wheeler, Dickey, Harvey, Niese, Pelfrey (placeholder for Familia?). That rotation could be the best in the NL.

Granted, things have to break our way, but we no longer have to concern ourselves with stocking up on prospects through trades. Now we can operate like a good franchise and focus on building organizational depth through the draft while our young players develop.
    Last edited by ReyesRulez; 06-14-2012 at 08:05 AM.

vCash
    Dickey could pitch 5 more years and his salary is pretty reasonable. So let's trade him for prospects. Steve Phillis lives.

The guy is one of the few bright spots for this franchise in years. The fans love him and he performs on the cheap. He throws a pitch that probably prevents him from getting injured and will allow him to last longer. If the Mets become a force in 2-3 years we can still ride Dickey for another 2-3 years. Why would anyone want to trade him.

Posts like this are like being naked with a gorgeous woman and having some jerk throw ice water on you.

Just enjoy what we have for a little while.

vCash
    LOL.. Mets fans.

Only in the mind of a Met fan is it ok to give away an absolute ace pitcher at a bargain price for the hope of a couple of minor leaguers who, if things go perfect for them, could become good major league players in 3-5 years.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    We'd be replacing our top pitching position on the off chance that maybe a young guy breaks out for us, so we can lose him to free agency years later. We have the hot hand, lets use it to get to the playoffs

vCash
    Nominated.

vCash
    With our luck from here on out it will rain for everyone of his starts, but not enough to postpone the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    Nominated.
    Nominated for what?

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

vCash
    Seconded.

Now where is that old thread?

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    i hate how dumb my fellow mets fans are-and yes you are all idiots

two arguements on this board all the time "the wilpons suck they should sell they dont buy any players"

"we should trade him to get prospects and build for 10 years from now"

make up your mind do you want player development or to sign big names? i would not trade dickey at all, nor would i trade wright which is a popular statement being thrown out

just stop looking to trade off everyone

and dont say look at the rays-it takes years to get to where they are and you dont have that kind of time in ny nor to metion while it worked for them look at the pirates royals and padres just stop please you are all embarrassing yourselves

vCash
    Dickey has a club option for 5 million next year, and I think he'll be quite loyal to the Mets when his contract is up. He could be a mainstay in the rotation for the next 5 years.

“Ninety percent I’ll spend on good times, women, and Irish whiskey. The other ten percent I’ll probably waste.”
    - Tug McGraw, on his plans for his $75,000 salary

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast