Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    So You have Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line? I think i see why we disagree on Feds. You have Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line while i have them on the 4th line. I just dont think thats even remotely close enough to enough offense for us. Last year Boyle and Prust only gave us 16 total goals between them and while i know you are going to point to last year as more scoring, last year remains a isolated incident rather then the norm from them.

Basically i think we need at least 2 more impact scorers to make us a cup contender. A 1st or 2nd liner and a 3rd. I would think that unless we are making a trade we are looking at lines of:

Hags Rich Gabs
    Kreider Step Cally
    Dubi AA ????
    Rupp Boyle Prust

Now i know we need someone to replace Gabs for awhile and we may trade Dubi for an upgrade but i still dont see us winning the cup with Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line. We simply cant score and in the playoffs when defenses tighten up we were horrible. 2 goals or less in 15 of 20 playoff games and only once did we score 4 goals. Sather needs to make upgrades.
    I keep mentioning him but Steve Sullivan would fit perfectly on your #3 line, and he'd be really useful on our powerplay as well. Having said that, I'm not comfortable with going next year with Hagelin on our #1 line. I think Kreider moves up there, and maybe Dubi moves back with Step n Cally and then Hags, AA and Sully become the #3. I really do think that Dubinsky needs to play consistantly on the #2 line. If he's gonna be on this team next year, he needs to get back to where he was the year before and he's more physical than Hags. Bottom line is if we have the same team next year, Dubinsky needs to be a lot better, he needs to be on the second line as our top two lines lack size and grit, with the exception of Callys grit ofcourse. However if there is a deal in the works for Nash I expect Dubinsky to be going the other way.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I keep mentioning him but Steve Sullivan would fit perfectly on your #3 line, and he'd be really useful on our powerplay as well. Having said that, I'm not comfortable with going next year with Hagelin on our #1 line. I think Kreider moves up there, and maybe Dubi moves back with Step n Cally and then Hags, AA and Sully become the #3. I really do think that Dubinsky needs to play consistantly on the #2 line. If he's gonna be on this team next year, he needs to get back to where he was the year before and he's more physical than Hags. Bottom line is if we have the same team next year, Dubinsky needs to be a lot better, he needs to be on the second line as our top two lines lack size and grit, with the exception of Callys grit ofcourse. However if there is a deal in the works for Nash I expect Dubinsky to be going the other way.
    I like Sullivan but i dont think he would fit in with Torts. He is too small for our style just like MZA was, well thats how Torts sees it lol. I do also agree that Hags isnt a top talent guy but he fits in well with Gabs style. He adds another dynamic to that line.

I am also not one of those people who believe in having all of your most talented players on the 1st line and then the next set of guys talentwise on the 2nd and so on and so forth. I think in todays NHL it is better to have 3 solid lines that can all score. Defenses are built to stop a teams top line or two depending how deep they are on defense. How about make it harder for them by having 3 lines that can score? The 4th line is always your 4th line and it will always have your fighters that probably wont change. Their are grinders on all lines nowadays so no need to just have them on the 3rd line. I think thats why i support more scoring on the 3rd line rather then have guys like Feds, Boyle and Prust on it. I think whatever you get from them or your 4th line is gravy.

vCash
    Commonsense, I see your point but Id rather go for a true top line players, thats why i say give up some middle to get a top. You can add middle along the way without disrupting the locker room. I also think that Boyle and Prust have played third line minutes wont hurt us just wont help us. Same theory with the 5-7 minutes the fourth line player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Commonsense, I see your point but Id rather go for a true top line players, thats why i say give up some middle to get a top. You can add middle along the way without disrupting the locker room. I also think that Boyle and Prust have played third line minutes wont hurt us just wont help us. Same theory with the 5-7 minutes the fourth line player.
    Agree to disagree then. As stated before we lost because we couldnt score. I agree i dont mind Prust and boyle on the ice when we have the lead but when we need a goal they shouldnt be out there, hence IMO they are 4th line players.

Either way hopes Sather gets more offense.

vCash

re

when will you guys wake up !!! rupp sucks maybe had 2 fights all year .. and skates like a slug.. avery was way better than him in every aspect of the game .. dump.. rupp, feds, and dubinsky ... and in order to win the cup one of our core guys has to go like stall or stephan .. just like neil smith did back in the day by parting ways with gartner .. we cant expect teams to give us good players for nothing .. so its either that or hold your cards and try to sign some role players.... 50 goal scorers dont fall out of the sky, i say sign a veteran play maker and make kreider a 50 goal scorer

vCash
    Another top-6 forward is a must. Also, depth and versatility on the bottom-6 has to come. They need a little more offense there, but out of a guy who can play in their system and do all the things you need a 3rd liner to do.

I don't think Sullivan works for their style and system. Too small, 38 next month, and much more of a straight offensive guy, except there is not enough there anymore to consistently give him top-6 minutes. And he doesn't being quite enough in those 3rd line points to be effective.

They need to add a forward into the top-6. The group of Gaborik, Richards, Callahan, Stepan, and Kreider looks nice moving forward, especially when Gaborik gets healthy and hoping Kreider's development goes well. But I don't see another guy on this roster who really is a certainty as a top-6 guy.

AA has yet to get to that level and after 250 games, we've seen his ceiling.
    Dubi had a terrible year offensively, so his consistency in that area is a question.
    Boyle's 20-goals in 10-11 looks like the exception, not the rule.
    Hags is nice and may get to be a top-6 guy, but he's yet to show that level of production and was awful in the postseason.

I love those 4 for the bottom-6, but theyre not right for the top-6 at this point. Throw Gaustad into that group in with those 4 and they may really have something.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy686 View Post
    when will you guys wake up !!! rupp sucks maybe had 2 fights all year .. and skates like a slug.. avery was way better than him in every aspect of the game .. dump.. rupp, feds, and dubinsky ... and in order to win the cup one of our core guys has to go like stall or stephan .. just like neil smith did back in the day by parting ways with gartner .. we cant expect teams to give us good players for nothing .. so its either that or hold your cards and try to sign some role players.... 50 goal scorers dont fall out of the sky, i say sign a veteran play maker and make kreider a 50 goal scorer
    Seriously? First Rupp was in 13 fights for the year. 2nd Rupp is not going anywhere. The rangers led the league in fights last year and Rupp is our heavyweight. Sather will probably not trade him just because of that. The bolded comment is just stupid. You dont have to trade anyone to win a cup and the arguement against Neil Smith's moves is did it cost us more cups? He gave up Amonte and Weight who went on to have great careers. I believe Zubov was also under his watch. Also settle down with Kreider he should be good but asking 50 goals is asking a bit too much.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    Another top-6 forward is a must. Also, depth and versatility on the bottom-6 has to come. They need a little more offense there, but out of a guy who can play in their system and do all the things you need a 3rd liner to do.

I don't think Sullivan works for their style and system. Too small, 38 next month, and much more of a straight offensive guy, except there is not enough there anymore to consistently give him top-6 minutes. And he doesn't being quite enough in those 3rd line points to be effective.

They need to add a forward into the top-6. The group of Gaborik, Richards, Callahan, Stepan, and Kreider looks nice moving forward, especially when Gaborik gets healthy and hoping Kreider's development goes well. But I don't see another guy on this roster who really is a certainty as a top-6 guy.

AA has yet to get to that level and after 250 games, we've seen his ceiling.
    Dubi had a terrible year offensively, so his consistency in that area is a question.
    Boyle's 20-goals in 10-11 looks like the exception, not the rule.
    Hags is nice and may get to be a top-6 guy, but he's yet to show that level of production and was awful in the postseason.

I love those 4 for the bottom-6, but theyre not right for the top-6 at this point. Throw Gaustad into that group in with those 4 and they may really have something.
    gaustad and his 7 goals 21 pts doesnt really help us. Plus he will sign for way more then hes worth. NO thx

vCash
    So what's a reasonable contract to bring him back?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNY View Post
    So what's a reasonable contract to bring him back?
    If anyone signs feds i wouldnt go more then a mill.

vCash
    Commonsense, gotta agree to disagree, we agree on the problem just not the solution. I think Feds shouldnt get more then he got last year, but can go slightly over a million and not be considered a bad contract.

vCash
    Feds is past his prime, it's time to stop wasting money on him, let's spend some money on a younger player or atleast an older player that can contribute.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Commonsense, gotta agree to disagree, we agree on the problem just not the solution. I think Feds shouldnt get more then he got last year, but can go slightly over a million and not be considered a bad contract.
    He made 1.4 last year. So you think less then 1.4 but more then a mill, getting pretty specific arent you lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Feds is past his prime, it's time to stop wasting money on him, let's spend some money on a younger player or atleast an older player that can contribute.
    Agreed

vCash
    Commonsense, had to be specific cause if I said from 1-1.5, Id get "you want him to be paid more then this year" lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast