Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Commonsense, whats better a guy who disappears in the playoffs after a good year or a vet who steps it up in the playoff? Its not like were talking a chunk of the cap or for any extended period of time.
    I go with option C, a guy who plays well in both.

Can we also please stop saying he stepped it up in the playoffs, he was invisible for the first 14 games and only found the net in 2 of the last 3 games. I hardly consider that stepping up in the playoffs. Lets stop this crap about him being so good in the playoffs for us because where was he in the Ott series or the Wash series? Maybe if he stepped up in those serieses we would of had some juice left for the Devs, but we didnt and we played like a tired team.

Can we also please stop pretending he is some great playoff performer. In his career he has had 2 great playoff runs 03-04 and 08-09 other then that he has been horrible.

00-01 6 games 1 pt
    01-02 5 games 1 pt
    02-03 11 games 1 pt
    05-06 5 games 0 pts
    06-07 4 games 0 pts
    09-10 6 games 0 pts
    10-11 5 games 2 pts
    11-12 20 games 7 pts (5 in Devils series 2 G 3 A)

Thats every year he has seen the playoffs except those 2 ridiculous years in TB and Pitts. Sorry he is not that good and there are just way too many better options.

vCash
    Common I agree, he's been surviving on his repuation from 2004 since forever. I have no idea how the guy misses on so many opportunities every year, it's mind blowing and it drives me nuts when he gets chances on the top two lines and can't hit the net. Thanks Feds, you were a great fill in while we found our way, and you were probably good with the young guys but we need scoring, and you aren't gonna do it for us,and now that you aren't good defensively either it's time to move on to a ****** team that needs ya.

vCash
    His job shouldnt be to put the puck in the net but to keep it out which if your bottom lines arent giving up goals when they are on the ice then they are doing their job. When a forward blocks a meaningless shot in game 70 of the regular season and who gets hurt, who would you rather have out there a random call up that the coach wont play or a player who he knows exactly what he can get out of him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Common I agree, he's been surviving on his repuation from 2004 since forever. I have no idea how the guy misses on so many opportunities every year, it's mind blowing and it drives me nuts when he gets chances on the top two lines and can't hit the net. Thanks Feds, you were a great fill in while we found our way, and you were probably good with the young guys but we need scoring, and you aren't gonna do it for us,and now that you aren't good defensively either it's time to move on to a ****** team that needs ya.
    Amen

vCash
    His job shouldnt be to put the puck in the net but to keep it out which if your bottom lines arent giving up goals when they are on the ice then they are doing their job. When a forward blocks a meaningless shot in game 70 of the regular season and who gets hurt, who would you rather have out there a random call up that the coach wont play or a player who he knows exactly what he can get out of him.
    What i bolded is a fail. He was one of our worst +/- guys in the regular season. He didnt keep the puck out of the net.

This team dosnt need anymore of those guys. We need guys to put the puck in the net. We have plenty of 3rd and 4th line players. If he is not on this team its no loss whatsoever. Plus who says we cant get another guy who will block shots but give us some scoring?

Again way too many better options out there then Feds.

I understand you like the guy but your arguemenst just dont hold up. First he was good defensive guy because look at his +/-. Thats wrong then it was he is a great playoff performer. That was incorrect. Now its he is a veteran who blocks shots.......who cares, thats not what this team needs. We need 3 lines that can put the puck in the net so our good young dmen and top goalie can carry us to victory.

vCash
    Commonsense, your right his what is bolded is a fail when you only look at that statement, but when its talking about playoffs which was my last comment. Every good team has role players and thats what he is. If your relying on a player who is not on an ELC at that contract level to produce then that is a problem. If they want to get better with the weak UFA class, there has to be trades. Richards, Gabby, Cally, Kreider, are the only forwards that are truely safe, mostly likely Stepan and Boyle. If Dubi (as most expect him to be packaged) goes and Prust doesnt resign theres 2 penalty killers and 2 of the top 4. Now if Boyle or Cally take a penalty, now their down 3 of their killers.

In a perfect world sure I'd love to have 3 scoring lines, but they are far from that. 2 good scoring lines and a shut down line is alot more realistic in what the Rangers will have along with a fourth line of role players.

As for your I like the guy comments, thats just absurd. Actually, its based on how the coach runs his bench and his players. Kreider is going to be a rookie with the weight of MDZ's sophmore year on his shoulders, which means he will be in the dog house and parked on the bench at times of the season. I never said he was a great playoff performer, I said he did his role in the playoffs. Last season we were unable to carry an extra forward due to the Drury cap hit, this year its about 2 million less, giving the option to not play Rupp or Feds every game. Plus, when someone goes down they don't have to run to the AHL to get a player.

vCash
    Commonsense, your right his what is bolded is a fail when you only look at that statement, but when its talking about playoffs which was my last comment. Every good team has role players and thats what he is. If your relying on a player who is not on an ELC at that contract level to produce then that is a problem. If they want to get better with the weak UFA class, there has to be trades. Richards, Gabby, Cally, Kreider, are the only forwards that are truely safe, mostly likely Stepan and Boyle. If Dubi (as most expect him to be packaged) goes and Prust doesnt resign theres 2 penalty killers and 2 of the top 4. Now if Boyle or Cally take a penalty, now their down 3 of their killers.

In a perfect world sure I'd love to have 3 scoring lines, but they are far from that. 2 good scoring lines and a shut down line is alot more realistic in what the Rangers will have along with a fourth line of role players.

As for your I like the guy comments, thats just absurd. Actually, its based on how the coach runs his bench and his players. Kreider is going to be a rookie with the weight of MDZ's sophmore year on his shoulders, which means he will be in the dog house and parked on the bench at times of the season. I never said he was a great playoff performer, I said he did his role in the playoffs. Last season we were unable to carry an extra forward due to the Drury cap hit, this year its about 2 million less, giving the option to not play Rupp or Feds every game. Plus, when someone goes down they don't have to run to the AHL to get a player.
    Mitchell was better then Feds and for almost a mill less. Sorry i dont see your point to keep him because he is a role player. Its way to easy to get them in this league.

vCash
    He won't hurt the team, but at the same time I think we should focus again on finding a goal scorer who can contribute not only with a 5 on 5 but help quarterback the powerplay. Defense is fine, but if we lose anyone due to the free market pool I say we go after Ryan Suter???

vCash
    Commonsense, we clearly wont change each others mind. So the last thing that i will add is I keep Mitchell also and thats my Fourth line Feds Mitchell Rupp, when Gabs come back one of them is my 13th Forward.

vCash
    Commonsense, we clearly wont change each others mind. So the last thing that i will add is I keep Mitchell also and thats my Fourth line Feds Mitchell Rupp, when Gabs come back one of them is my 13th Forward.
    Thats fine but what do you see our 3rd line as?

vCash
    Thats a tough question only because whos survives the trade because I think they go out and get a first line player. So its hard to say exactly who is left. Id like to see Nash or Ryan added. I think adding them cost Hagelin/Dubinsky/Prospect depends on who its for.

While Gaborik is out, I say give one of the remaining Rookies a shot to play flip between a line with Richards and that Winger and with Boyle and Prust. Flipping with him would be Anisimov. When Gaborik returns who ever played better with Boyle and Prust stay there and then the other player to the fourth. Making one of Feds, Mitchell, Rupp the 13th forward. Keeping Kreider Stepan Cally together.

This ofcourse all goes out the window when Torts puts someone on timeout or the line flipping cause things have gone stale.

vCash
    we have 4 good prospects in yogan, st croix, thomas and miller id rather give one of them a shot then bring back feds he's getting old and slow and doesn't really fit in the team style anymore if we get Nash he kills penalties so does haglin and kreider truthfully i would like to see them get cally of pk because i think its taking alot out of him (getting nagging injuries slowing him down) i believe he'd be a 40 goal scorer.
    When you get gabby back lines could look like
    Nash Richards Gaborik
    Kreider Stephen Callahan
    Haglin Boyle prust
    Rupp (prospect) mitchel or another prospect

vCash
    Hockey4Life, how do you get Nash, considering you have Stepan, Kreider, and Hagelin all on there. I obviously see no Anisimov and Dubinsky but its going to take more than that. Plus putting 2 prospects on the 4th line stunts their growth by playing minimal minutes.

vCash

about fneofer

Hockey4Life, how do you get Nash, considering you have Stepan, Kreider, and Hagelin all on there. I obviously see no Anisimov and Dubinsky but its going to take more than that. Plus putting 2 prospects on the 4th line stunts their growth by playing minimal minutes.
    It's good to have an excess of talent. I'd love to have Nash here, especially if Gaborik isn't healthy by the start of the season.

Nash/Richards/Gaborik
    Hagelin/Stepan/Callahan
    Kreider/Boyle/Prust
    Fedotenko/Rupp/ ?

vCash
    Thats a tough question only because whos survives the trade because I think they go out and get a first line player. So its hard to say exactly who is left. Id like to see Nash or Ryan added. I think adding them cost Hagelin/Dubinsky/Prospect depends on who its for.

While Gaborik is out, I say give one of the remaining Rookies a shot to play flip between a line with Richards and that Winger and with Boyle and Prust. Flipping with him would be Anisimov. When Gaborik returns who ever played better with Boyle and Prust stay there and then the other player to the fourth. Making one of Feds, Mitchell, Rupp the 13th forward. Keeping Kreider Stepan Cally together.

This ofcourse all goes out the window when Torts puts someone on timeout or the line flipping cause things have gone stale.
    So You have Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line? I think i see why we disagree on Feds. You have Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line while i have them on the 4th line. I just dont think thats even remotely close enough to enough offense for us. Last year Boyle and Prust only gave us 16 total goals between them and while i know you are going to point to last year as more scoring, last year remains a isolated incident rather then the norm from them.

Basically i think we need at least 2 more impact scorers to make us a cup contender. A 1st or 2nd liner and a 3rd. I would think that unless we are making a trade we are looking at lines of:

Hags Rich Gabs
    Kreider Step Cally
    Dubi AA ????
    Rupp Boyle Prust

Now i know we need someone to replace Gabs for awhile and we may trade Dubi for an upgrade but i still dont see us winning the cup with Boyle and Prust on the 3rd line. We simply cant score and in the playoffs when defenses tighten up we were horrible. 2 goals or less in 15 of 20 playoff games and only once did we score 4 goals. Sather needs to make upgrades.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast