Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Ruslan Fedotenko

Ruslan Fedotenko is a free agent. At 33, he might not have much left, but does anyone else feel that he earned the right to be brought back with his play during the playoffs?

20 GP
    2 G
    5 A
    Last edited by SportsNY; 06-13-2012 at 07:07 PM.

vCash
    I have no problem bringing back Feds for a bottom 6 role. Hes a guy that can kill pks if a normal killer is in the box or hurt. If hes not back I wouldnt be surprised for a deadline depth move of bringing back the tan man. Part of why NJ to the finals was because they had options come playoff time, kept guys hungry, gave the team a different look in then the previous game.

vCash
    I'd rather spend the money on Steve Sullivan or Ray Whitney guys that can put the puck in the net. I'd prefer Sullivan with his powerplay skills, but Whitney would be good too. Fedotenko couldn't put a puck in a soccer net and he's only around because he had a good run 8 years ago with Tampa. The only way he comes back if I'm GM is if he plays exclusively on the 4th line and gets paid accordingly and never sees 2nd line duties.
    Last edited by bsi; 06-13-2012 at 09:29 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'd rather spend the money on Steve Sullivan or Ray Whitney guys that can put the puck in the net. I'd prefer Sullivan with his powerplay skills, but Whitney would be good too. Fedotenko couldn't put a puck in a soccer net and he's only around because he had a good run 8 years ago with Tampa. The only way he comes back if I'm GM is if he plays exclusively on the 4th line and gets paid accordingly and never sees 2nd line duties.
    While I agree with you, Torts seems to love this guy & will probably have a say in how much he plays &, in the end whether or not we retain him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    While I agree with you, Torts seems to love this guy & will probably have a say in how much he plays &, in the end whether or not we retain him.
    I totally agree....I think Feds has bad pictures of Torts from Tampa that he doesn't want to get out hahaha.

vCash
    Dont see where he fits going forward. The only place he really should play, on a cup contender, is the 4th line and he doesnt really fit the bill of a 4th liner, more like a 3rd liner on an average team.

Anyway, plenty of prospects in the minors that need to fight it out for a roster spot. Thank for the memories Ruslan, albeit the few that there were....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I totally agree....I think Feds has bad pictures of Torts from Tampa that he doesn't want to get out hahaha.
    Haha yeah I agree!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SportsNY View Post
    Ruslan Fedotenko is a free agent. At 33, he might not have much left, but does anyone else feel that he earned the right to be brought back with his play during the playoffs?

20 GP
    2 G
    5 A
    We need more scoring and frankly i think he was invisible almost all of the season. I Wouldnt want him back and I think we need to upgrade his spot anyways.

vCash
    Feds is a role player, who gets paid as a role player. What fourth line guy is going to be brought in to play that role and score significantly more? A team should not rely on the bottom lines to contribute, when they do its a bonus. BlueSeatBlogs, has Mitchell as starting less then half his shifts starting in the offensive zone but more then half finishing in the offensive zone, which is what you need from bottom line players.

But back to Feds. He was a + 7 in the playoffs, which only 11 players were better in that stat in the league. 6 were Kings, 4 were Devils and Roman Hamrik. 2 Kings and 1 Devil were tied with him and Francis Bouillon. The Next Ranger was Dan Girardi with +6 and then Cally, Dubi, Mcdonagh with +2, Straalman and Arti were +1. While most people discredit +/-, look at Jack Johnson. Going into this season, he was a combined -73 for the last 4 years, played 61 games as a King this year was a -12, the Kings trade him and 4 months later win the cup.

Feds had 7 even strength points, only Gabs and Girardi had 1 more. They scored 28 (27 5 on 5, 1 4 on 4) even strength goals in the playoffs, which is a point on 1/4 of our even strength goals, and wasnt on the ice for an even strength goal against, what more could you ask for from a bottom line player?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Feds is a role player, who gets paid as a role player. What fourth line guy is going to be brought in to play that role and score significantly more? A team should not rely on the bottom lines to contribute, when they do its a bonus. BlueSeatBlogs, has Mitchell as starting less then half his shifts starting in the offensive zone but more then half finishing in the offensive zone, which is what you need from bottom line players.

But back to Feds. He was a + 7 in the playoffs, which only 11 players were better in that stat in the league. 6 were Kings, 4 were Devils and Roman Hamrik. 2 Kings and 1 Devil were tied with him and Francis Bouillon. The Next Ranger was Dan Girardi with +6 and then Cally, Dubi, Mcdonagh with +2, Straalman and Arti were +1. While most people discredit +/-, look at Jack Johnson. Going into this season, he was a combined -73 for the last 4 years, played 61 games as a King this year was a -12, the Kings trade him and 4 months later win the cup.

Feds had 7 even strength points, only Gabs and Girardi had 1 more. They scored 28 (27 5 on 5, 1 4 on 4) even strength goals in the playoffs, which is a point on 1/4 of our even strength goals, and wasnt on the ice for an even strength goal against, what more could you ask for from a bottom line player?
    Feds got 1.4 mill this year...not really 4th line pay.

vCash
    Mike Rupp gets 1.5, Drurys cap hit was 3.7 not to play.

vCash
    Mike Rupp gets 1.5, Drurys cap hit was 3.7 not to play.
    Rupp fights...Drury was a mistake. Fedotenko shouldn't be over a million at this point. I guess I don't as much think he's a bad player but I just think Torts puts too much value in him and he ends up wasting time on the top lines from time to time and that's what bothers me. If we're spending money I'd rather spend it on Sullivan.

vCash
    Yeah, but when he was playing bad Torts also benched him for Zuke until he broke his arm.

vCash

Ok if you want to talk +/- Feds was a -7 on the year. He was tied for 2nd worst on the entire team for the regular season. He was terrible and had a whole 20 pts the entire year. Plus he had 1 pt in the Ottawa series and 1 pt in the Wash series. If it wasnt for the last 3 games against the Devils he wouldnt have had a goal in the entire playoffs. Take it further if it wasnt for the Devils series (2 G 3 A) not a single person on this forum would want to keep him.

Bottom line was he was terrible and not worth anywhere near the 1.4 mill he got paid. Replace him with anyone that either is better or potential to be better.

vCash
    Commonsense, whats better a guy who disappears in the playoffs after a good year or a vet who steps it up in the playoff? Its not like were talking a chunk of the cap or for any extended period of time.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast