Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

The Perfect Trade Candidate For LF

Now that the Philadelphia Phillies are 8.5 games out of first and will likely be in sell mode, it hit me that this outfielder would be the perfect fit for the Yankees. I seriously hope Cashman explores this option.

With young outfielders like John Mayberry Jr and Domonic Brown not to mention Hunter Pence, this outfielder becomes expendable as he is a Free Agent in 2012.

That player is none other than Shane Victorino.

This guy is the definition of a grinder and a gamer. He is hated by Mets fans because he has a knack for getting key hits in big moments. He has won before and is playoff battle tested for sure. He has the perfect combination of power and speed that allows him to replicate some of what Gardner would have brought to the table.

Because he and Swisher are Free Agents after the season, it makes signing one of them easier. An Outfield of Gardner, Granderson, Victorino would cover so much ground. I think he would benefit from hitting in Yankee Stadium as well. The Phillies are known to want to shed players as they want to get something back for Victorino for sure.

He is 30 years old and would be the perfect fit NOW as a rental LFer and possibly in the future as well if he is easy to resign. I love the fact that he is another switch hitter and can be convinced about NY by Raul Ibanez.

SS Derek Jeter (R)
    CF Curtis Granderson (L)
    3B Alex Rodriguez (R)
    2B Robinson Cano (L)
    1B Mark Teixeira (S)
    RF Nick Swisher (S)
    LF Shane Victorino (S)
    DH Raul Ibanez (L)
    C Russell Martin (R)

Victorino can essentially bat anywhere in the lineup. Having all those Switch hitters gives us such an advantage.

.253 Avg 8 homeruns 33 RBI .744 OPS 13 SB 12 2B's

on pace for

21 Homeruns 86 RBI 34 SB 31 2B's

The Blue Jays tried for him and Hamels in early May and were shot down. They were told absolutely not, but it's a month later and they are now 8.5 games back.. If the Yankees try for just him, I think Cashman can get something done. I've also heard David Dejesus name thrown out there and I wouldn't mind that at all either.
    Last edited by Vintage; 06-12-2012 at 02:30 AM.

vCash
    doubt they make a move for a LF, since gardner will be back at some point
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

vCash
    Yankees continue to blow off Carlos Beltran and all the guy has wanted to do his whole career, is play for the Yankees. Pick him up... He's also a switch hitter with post season success.

vCash
    gardner will have tommy john

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    like i siad, he'll be back at some point
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals 21) Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by infernoscurse View Post
    Hope not but it sure seems like that's what will happen....

Also, 8.5 games in the early part of June isn't much. Plus, doubt Cash-money makes this kind of move unless Gardy in fact is heading towards Tommy-john.
    Last edited by NYY09; 06-12-2012 at 09:56 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Yankees continue to blow off Carlos Beltran and all the guy has wanted to do his whole career, is play for the Yankees. Pick him up... He's also a switch hitter with post season success.
    don't remind me, I wanted Yanks to trade Swish or decline his option and get Beltran so bad.

and if you think it looks bad now, wait until we have to suffer through another postseason of Swish hitting .143 with 1 RBI.

If nothing else I wanted Beltran for his clutch hitting against good-great pitchers in the postseason. Swisher has not shown he can hit postseason pitching.

Beltran PS stats .366 11hr 19rbi in 22 games. Insane.

Swish .169 4hr 6rbi in 38 games.

vCash

The Perfect Trade Candidate For LF

Yea I was an advocate for Beltran as well, but I think that victorino idea is not a bad one. Maybe we can put a couple of pieces together by end of July if the Phil's are definetly out of contention and get victorino and hamels.

vCash
    Beltran won't be an option simply because the Cards are still in this.

Victorino might be a possiblity. I know the Phillies are trying to resign, but if they think it won't happen, they may be willing to deal.

I wouldn't touch Brown though. Ibanez is an upgrade over him. This guy has fallen hard. You guys think our prospects are going backwards, this guy makes them all seem like they are still going forward.

vCash
    I think that LaHair or Parra would be better options, since they're cheaper. Also, Victorino is a free agent after this year.
    O-H-I-O!

Welcome home, Urban

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    I think that LaHair or Parra would be better options, since they're cheaper. Also, Victorino is a free agent after this year.
    Victorino is a good fit now and even if we don't acquire him at the deadline, then next year, because Swisher is a FA

vCash
    Personally, I do not like nor enjoy vittorino.
    Leo's Thought Of The Day

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBadOwl View Post
    LaHair isn't going anywhere. They're going to try to dump Soriano, bring Rizzo up, and move LaHair to left. That would make the most sense anyway.

vCash
    Harry Dunn for LF. That's my vote at least.

vCash
    Blow off the Farm For Pence. He will Be the New Granderson OF you Trade For.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast