Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    12,571

    Knicks forum NBA redraft sign ups

    With the season over it has been decided that it's a good time to start up another redraft in our subforum.

    Since it's not based on real teams, each GM can pick his own town from any part of the world

    Anyone who wants to participate please complete the following form.

    City: (pick a top 3)
    Experience:
    Any interest in a Co-GM:
    Modern day vs 90s redraft?

    There are two ideas so far for what the re-draft would be about.
    a) Modern day redraft with 2011-12 players (perhaps add 2012 rookies as well)
    b) 1990s redraft, where only players who have featured in at least 1 game in the 90s (season 90-91 till 99-00) are eligible.


    To discuss about this go to the sub forum's thread. Just leave your preferrence, if you have one, on your application form.
    Last edited by NYKalltheway; 06-13-2012 at 03:16 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    12,571
    I'll start the flow

    City: Shanghai, London, Milano
    Experience: NBA and soccer redrafts as well as mock offseason
    Any interest in a Co-GM: no
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? Prefer 90s but don't really mind

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    I'll start the flow

    City: Shanghai, London, Milano
    Experience: NBA and soccer redrafts as well as mock offseason
    Any interest in a Co-GM: no
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? Prefer 90s but don't really mind
    City: Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Dublin
    Experience: Tons
    Any interest in a Co-GM: No but I'd take an assistant.
    Modern day vs. 90s redraft? Definately 90s. That'd be new. If it's modern day I'm not sure I'd be interested.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,133
    City: L.A, Seattle, honolulu
    Experience: some
    Co-gm: no
    Moder day vs 90's redraft: prefer modern day, how about all time?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    GMT +2
    Posts
    12,571
    90s is basically "all time" without the guys who haven't played before the 3 point era and some other great bigs of that era. I think it's the perfect timeline as it stretches from Larry Bird-Magic Johnson era through Michael Jordan era and then makes Duncan-Garnett-Kobe generation eligible. You just eliminate the newer guys (Lebron, Wade, Durant) and the older guys as well as ABA players (Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt, Oscar, Jerry West, Dr J etc) who mostly played before the 3 point era.
    90s is easier to 'moderate' and compare players to eachother than old time which is a problem we tend to have where people underrate/overrate players because of their era.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    14,748
    City: Johannesburg, Long Beach, Sydney
    Experience: Lots
    Any interest in a Co-GM: No
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? 90s redraft sounds interesting

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    8,133
    Quote Originally Posted by NYKalltheway View Post
    90s is basically "all time" without the guys who haven't played before the 3 point era and some other great bigs of that era. I think it's the perfect timeline as it stretches from Larry Bird-Magic Johnson era through Michael Jordan era and then makes Duncan-Garnett-Kobe generation eligible. You just eliminate the newer guys (Lebron, Wade, Durant) and the older guys as well as ABA players (Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Wilt, Oscar, Jerry West, Dr J etc) who mostly played before the 3 point era.
    90s is easier to 'moderate' and compare players to eachother than old time which is a problem we tend to have where people underrate/overrate players because of their era.
    I understand that.mbut for be it would be easier since I really didn't start watching basketball til 2001. I'm only 20 lol

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    25,998
    Quote Originally Posted by IllWill21 View Post
    I understand that.mbut for be it would be easier since I really didn't start watching basketball til 2001. I'm only 20 lol
    If anything it'd be easier for you to deal with 90s only draft than an All-Time. It was an exciting, albeit frustrating, decade to be a Knicks fan. It'll do you good to research that era.


    Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    sa tx
    Posts
    7,505
    City: (pick a top 3) Austin , El Paso , Manhatan
    Experience: Tons
    Any interest in a Co-GM: NO
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? Modern
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzbolt View Post
    Kawhi is nothing but a average player on a good system.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    8,646
    City: (pick a top 3) London, Chicago, D.C.
    Experience: Lots
    Any interest in a Co-GM: No
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? Either one
    Last edited by DR_1; 06-13-2012 at 03:13 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    28,523
    City: (pick a top 3) Las Vegas, Barcelona, Pismo Beach
    Experience: i do
    Any interest in a Co-GM: not really
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? 90's redraft sounds different and interesting

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    12,682
    City: (pick a top 3) Baltimore, Gettysburg, Djibouti
    Experience: everything
    Any interest in a Co-GM: nah
    Modern day vs 90s redraft: 90s for sure

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    11,284
    not sure if i'm gonna be active enough for this. i'll consider being a CO with someone if they need it. for right now, i'll just be a co and i don't care with who. just vm me


    Quote Originally Posted by CousinsEvansDUO View Post
    Not going to read your posts or respond to them because judging by your sig you are a clueless nutjob. That girl is a 7/10 and you probably think shes a 10. Which means IRL you must be a 5/10 and sorry no offense bro but I don't talk to 5/10s or below, and by bro I mean never my bro.
    CousinsEvansDUO doesn't think i'm hot..

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    17,643
    City: (pick a top 3) Amsterdam
    Experience: None
    Any interest in a Co-GM: PSK
    Modern day vs 90s redraft? 90's could be cool
    Last edited by roshan3ai; 06-13-2012 at 05:31 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Iola, Kansas
    Posts
    8,893
    Farragut, St. Joseph, Des Moines
    You invited me, so you know my greatness
    Nope
    90's sounds really fun, I think I'd skip modern day, since mock is coming up
    Last edited by AP=MVP; 06-13-2012 at 07:31 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •