Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Kings 2011-2012 Season Thread

Time to start another season thread. Not going to say much other than I don't remember the last time I was this excited about the start of a season. Now that Doughty signed we are in good shape to make a run this year. A couple of experts on ESPN actually have the Kings picked to go to the finals this year and I can't remember the last time a saw that. Unfortunately I can't work NHL Center Ice into the budget this year, maybe I'll get the half season package, so I'm going to rely on this thread, replays, and box scores to keep up with this season. GO KINGS!

vCash
    What a game, Kings looked strong. Mike Richards was outstanding with a goal and assist, Anse the same. But I till you what, the guy that was all over the ice was Alec Martinez , he was the best defenseman on the ice for either teams. They had a slow start to the 2nd, but other than that, this team, I believe will only get better the longer they play together!
    Last edited by rjvacad; 10-08-2011 at 12:08 AM.

vCash
    I agree, Martinez was a beast and I hope the Kings lock him up long term. The power play needs to improve but with two new scorers on the team, it may just need some time. I didn't see what happened against Buffalo but I really liked what I saw in the first game.

vCash
    On a side note, why isn't Penner playing? I kept hearing how he came to camp in great shape and played well during the pre-season.

vCash
    Buffalo game wasn't pretty, Beriner was in goal and he is not making the case for #1 goalie. Penner must of got hurt, pulled a muscel or something.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2011/10/10...etting-closer/

vCash
    I don't know what it is, but Bernier has never impressed me enough to think of him as a #1 candidate. He's a great #2 option, but Quick is definately #1.

vCash
    I agree, he was to be the next big thing, but Quick just out plays him.

vCash
    Quick gives me a heart attack sometimes and is undersized, but I agree that he out plays Bernier.

vCash
    Hey at least you guys will get to see Kovalchuk play tonight

vCash
    Yeah, we will get to see the player that I am so glad we didn't end up with.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyBoy13 View Post
    Yeah, we will get to see the player that I am so glad we didn't end up with.
    And after watching the game I'm sure you're so much happier with that

Kovalchuck was garbage.

vCash
    Quick got worked in the shootout...1st time I've ever seen that. Team is looking good, hopefully we can finally make a deep playoff run.

vCash
    Quick was 10 for 10 in shootouts last year, he had to lose sooner or later. It was a fast paced game and they did get a point out of it. BTW, I would rather have Zach Parise then Ilya Kovalchuk anyday.

vCash
    Wow, what a road trip. Starting in the preseason till now, 20 days, 10 cities, 4 time zones and16,145 miles and that is not counting the fight home. They showed me alot, to come out of it 2-1-1, for 5 out of 8 points, I'll take it. They must be exhausted, but they hung in there to get the win. Looking like Richards to Johnson may become a thing. I'm happy! Drew getting hurt was a downer and they are taking to many penalties.
    Last edited by rjvacad; 10-15-2011 at 10:02 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rjvacad View Post
    Wow, what a road trip. Starting in the preseason till now, 20 days, 10 cities, 4 time zones and16,145 miles and that is not counting the fight home. They showed me alot, to come out of it 2-1-1, for 5 out of 8 points, I'll take it. They must be exhausted, but they hung in there to get the win. Looking like Richards to Johnson may become a thing. I'm happy! Drew getting hurt was a downer and they are taking to many penalties.
    I understand the travel, but where is the offense? With the 2 we picked up in the offseason, plus Kopitar, Williams, Brown, Penner, Doughty, Johnson, and Martinez how are we not scoring more goals? Maybe I'm just hoping for too much too soon. Still, I'm definately happy with a 2-1-1 start to the season on the road.

Page 1 of 68 1231151 ... LastLast