Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Good advice, I usually go to SpectorsHockey.net, though he post all rumors/signings, he follows them up with his opinion on if it's a legit rumors or a bad deal.
    I would also love to have Staal but like you said Pitt. Won't deal him to us.
    And I'm split on Samuelsson or Matteau if they are both available when we pick.
    I'd love to get Zachary Stepan if he's available in the 2nd or 3rd Rd. and Iafrate if he's there in the 4th Rd. but I tend to favor 2nd generation players and players that in the under 18 tournaments since I figure they have the inside edge over everyone else.

vCash
    Trust me Twitter is the way to go.

vCash
    Just saw an article on Evander Kane being available. Think it said he had 30 goals and 57 points along with 179 hits. Only 20 yrs. old. Wonder what it would cost to get him( numbers are not great but is very young and has already been in the league 2 yrs.)
    Note: the article I read had notes from people who responded to the article about him being available. One guy said he's not liked in Canada because of his attitude, another said he didn't get along with teammates,another said he didn't want to pay for food when he ate out or was a poor tipper. Thought I'd mention it since I found it funny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Just saw an article on Evander Kane being available. Think it said he had 30 goals and 57 points along with 179 hits. Only 20 yrs. old. Wonder what it would cost to get him( numbers are not great but is very young and has already been in the league 2 yrs.)
    Note: the article I read had notes from people who responded to the article about him being available. One guy said he's not liked in Canada because of his attitude, another said he didn't get along with teammates,another said he didn't want to pay for food when he ate out or was a poor tipper. Thought I'd mention it since I found it funny.
    Kane and Enstrom would be great but i dont even want to know the cost because it would be crazy high for either of them.

vCash
    Aparently bobby is back on the block potentially.....He would be my number one option-not too high of a cap hit and can flourish with richards...and still 25..

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    Hearing ANA's Bobby Ryan is "available" again after being taken off trade market after Randy Carlyle's Duck departure.
    Expand
    Reply Retweet Favorite

Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
    That doesn't mean Bobby Ryan is sure to be moved. It does means ANA's phone will be/has been ringing and they will be keenly listening.

vCash
    Would love to have Ryan and Kane, they'd go great with our style of play.

vCash
    Ryan will cost almost as much to get as Nash. They are going to want a young dman, they are about to lose the stud they decided to keep after trading away one the year before (Shultz, Gardnier), plus their going to want skill back.

The only reason I prefer Ryan is he is right handed. I dont think the 2 million less is that big a deal. The down side of trading for Ryan is in 2 years, he could walk as a UFA. If that happens and they were to win in those 2 years, then they sold the future for the cup. If they dont win and he walks, then they sold the future for nothing. Atleast Nash would still be there.

vCash
    ryan has 3 years left on his deal

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Would love to have Ryan and Kane, they'd go great with our style of play.
    We would have to trade gabs to have both of them. I am ok with that because i think long term Kane and Ryan would be a better fit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Ryan will cost almost as much to get as Nash. They are going to want a young dman, they are about to lose the stud they decided to keep after trading away one the year before (Shultz, Gardnier), plus their going to want skill back.

The only reason I prefer Ryan is he is right handed. I dont think the 2 million less is that big a deal. The down side of trading for Ryan is in 2 years, he could walk as a UFA. If that happens and they were to win in those 2 years, then they sold the future for the cup. If they dont win and he walks, then they sold the future for nothing. Atleast Nash would still be there.
    He is not going to cost as much as Nash not by a long shot. Columbus wanted four players and a pick and Anaheim isn't going to get that for Ryan. They may lose a stud but they still have two other studs on their team which Columbus doesn't have so it isn't as if they are losing their only big name guy.

The 2 million less actually is a big deal because that is essentially another player. For example it would be some extra money to throw at a certain Wisconson defender. The fact that his contract is smaller and shorter is the reason you trade for him. You don't want to be stuck with Nash's contract for years especially at his cap hit. Ryan is the much better choice to trade for because he would cost less, gets paid less, is younger, just as productive, and a shorter contract.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Edmontonjournal tweeted today, expect a lot of deals to be made starting today all throughout Friday of the draft.

Oilers 1st overall pick
    Bobby Ryan
    Rick Nash
    Jordan Staal
    Carolina's 8th overall

Lets hope a big trade is made today to open the flood gates

vCash
    Gardenfaithful, it doesnt matter that they have 2 more studs were talking about a second overal pick, who has made has made it to the Olympics. 4 full seasons in the NHL 4 time 30 goal scorer. They dont give those players away for nothing.

As for the comment that the extra 2 million could go to Shultz offer, you do realize Shultz will be on a capped ELC, so that point means nothing. 2 million isnt that much. Id much rather have Nashs contract then Richards. Nash at 34 is not signed, Richards gets paid basically the same amount of money but 39, 38, 37 carries a 6.6 million contract.

vCash
    According to HockeyBreak on Twitter Dubinsky will be gone by draft day on Friday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Edmontonjournal tweeted today, expect a lot of deals to be made starting today all throughout Friday of the draft.

Oilers 1st overall pick
    Bobby Ryan
    Rick Nash
    Jordan Staal
    Carolina's 8th overall

Lets hope a big trade is made today to open the flood gates
    I wonder what it would take to get Edmonton's first and take Nail?
    Dubi, 1st, Erixxon? If we picked in the top 15 it probably would, but prob not at where we are. It would be a a nice fit for us, that way we'd get an NHL ready sniper who is on an entry level deal. Probably never happen for us but would be sweet.

vCash
    I'd give those 3 for Ryan, if we can't get a top 5 pick with that offer.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast