Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    I'd give those 3 for Ryan, if we can't get a top 5 pick with that offer.
    I'd only want the top pick...Nail is gonna be good IMO.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Gardenfaithful, it doesnt matter that they have 2 more studs were talking about a second overal pick, who has made has made it to the Olympics. 4 full seasons in the NHL 4 time 30 goal scorer. They dont give those players away for nothing.

As for the comment that the extra 2 million could go to Shultz offer, you do realize Shultz will be on a capped ELC, so that point means nothing. 2 million isnt that much. Id much rather have Nashs contract then Richards. Nash at 34 is not signed, Richards gets paid basically the same amount of money but 39, 38, 37 carries a 6.6 million contract.
    Nash's contract sucks for his production. Ryan is the better fit and you get the same production for 2.7 mill less.

Also Schultz can only sign an ELC but bonuses can be added. In all actuality Schultz could get 3 mill from us if he hits those bonuses.

Richards contract only pays him for 5 more yrs because the 6th year it drops down to a mill. If he isnt putting up numbers he is retiring. You also never know with injuries because if Nash gets injured he could end up like a dipietro, but so could Richards. Either way we gambled on Richards, should we gamble on another long term contract? Hard to say but if the choice of Ryan or Nash for the same package i take Ryan all day long and its not even close.

vCash
    I think i am the only one who actually wants Erixon to make this team next year. I really want to see:

MCD Girardi
    Staal Schultz
    MDZ erixon

vCash
    Commonsense, have Nash's numbers dropped yes, but why look at the division he plays in, you cant compete with one guy in that division and thats all they have. I feel like Nash is this years Kovalchuk. What were all those knocks on Kovi, he cant win in the playoffs cant play defense, hes selfish, bla bla bla. People heard the favorites mentioned in trade rumors and said no hes not worth it cause he wasnt drafted by the Rangers, so he wont skate hard.

If its the same package for both I think its a harder decision to make. Im a huge Ryan fan cause hes a NJ born roller hockey player that made it to the show. The only advantage to me is that Ryan is a right handed shot. Nash is bigger and more proven and has succeed under a defensive responsible system. Ryan has had success playing with Perry and Getzlaf, Nash has put up a better ppg average playing by himself and making players better. I don't think either is a miss but its hard to say who will have the better return.

vCash
    Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Erixon make the team too( I love my old Rangers and Tim being Jan's son, I root for him even more). But You have to remember that we still have McIlrath and Sauer too. You gotta believe either MDZ or Erixon will be moved in any deal.

vCash
    Mr Wiskers, Sauer isnt working out yet so count him out. Andrew Gross just tweeted Gordie Clark believes Mciilrath and Thomas will need a full year in the AHL before stepping up to NHL.

Commonsense, I have no problem Erixon stepping in but I think him or MDZ will be moved for a first line winger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    I think i am the only one who actually wants Erixon to make this team next year. I really want to see:

MCD Girardi
    Staal Schultz
    MDZ erixon
    I'd love for him to make the team, but unless he gets stronger and more physical he's not making this team. Realistically he has a lot of growing up to do between now and training camp.

vCash
    Multiple sites are reporting the Devils will forfeit their 1st Rd. pick(29th) due to financial reasons, why can't we offer the cash for the pick. Yeah it's the 29th pick but there's still value in the pick as Samuelsson has been dropping and Matteau is in that range also Stepan has been rising and if you believe that we are looking for a G there are 3-4 being mocked an that area of late 1st -early 2nd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I'd only want the top pick...Nail is gonna be good IMO.
    would love to get nail...
    1. we wouldn't have to give up as much as we would for nash and maybe ryan
    2. his contract would be covered by sending dubinsky (edm finally gets him haha)
    3. eventually he'll get big money but not until gabby's contract runs out and we can decide what to do with him
    4. more cap space to sign other FAs and give other players raises

vCash
    Beast, you are absolutely right but would the Rangers take a step or 2 back in order to make a big jump in like 2014?

vCash
    i think it would be worth it imo

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    I would love to get an early draft pick then where the team is seeded now. However, if we want to go to the finals, we need depth now. I am not sure if Nash is worth what we are going to give up and what he costs? We always end up paying the price somehow. Honestly I am tired of getting big name players who do not produce. I say we stick with our young prospects... and maybe get better prospects through a trade? Just me?

vCash
    Mr Wiskers not sure what sites your reading but Devils cannot forfeit their pick they had until eitherr this tuesday or last tuesday to indicate they were doing that. i had long week at work so dont remember the day but Darren Dreger said after wards that they had decided to keep it. That indicates the level of skill in the first round if Lou who drafts well is keeping is pick.

NYRfan76, does this team beat not compete a healthy Pens team? Nash/Ryan bring top end skill that this team lacks. Everyone says dont give away the barn for him, not that I say give away anything but if the franchise is as loaded as people say then its ok to give away middle pieces to get top pieces. Its not like well be getting a first overal any time soon (Hopefully). We have alot of players that people like cause they do alot of things right. How many of them are truly complete players. Sure a player like Callahan or Dubinsky can score 30 but theres a difference between a guy who can put in 30 and a guy who is a 30 goal scorer. Thats why these guys cant be relied on to score goals. So rather then the same old, thats what Id like. Plus Nash is 28, a year older then most UFAs.
    Last edited by Isca92; 06-22-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123