Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Any Draft Rumors?

The Draft is next week. Anybody here anything on what we're doing?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    The Draft is next week. Anybody here anything on what we're doing?
    There's really no way of knowing what we'll be doing until the other 27 teams make their picks.

vCash
    There's been rumors of dealing for Radalov,Weber,Nash---which will likely meaning moving the pick in a package.

vCash
    Though I doubt, we'll be making any deal. I think/hope we get Justin Schultz.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Wiskers View Post
    Though I doubt, we'll be making any deal. I think/hope we get Justin Schultz.
    What is the date he will be free to sign?

vCash
    Shultz can sign on July 1 but is free to talk to teams as of June 24 or so. I forget the actual date but cannot officially sign until UFA day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Isca92 View Post
    Shultz can sign on July 1 but is free to talk to teams as of June 24 or so. I forget the actual date but cannot officially sign until UFA day.
    Thanks for the info Isca.

vCash
    With the draft coming up a week from tomorrow expect A LOT of rumors to come out on Monday.

vCash
    Not a rumor but didn't think it needed its own thread cause its about the draft. Heres an interesting read about Stepans cousin Zachary, who is pencilled in around the time the Rangers pick in the second round. Didn't get into prospects as much this offseason due to the longer playoff run and the likely hood of a deal being made for a big name player, the first round pick will be included cause its always part of a deal of that nature.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=634805

vCash
    Funny toward the end of the season, one of the commentators said that was his younger brother and a couple of the mock draft sites has him going in the 5th Rd or later. Do you Ulf Samuelsson(late 1st)Stephane Matteau(late 1st-early 2nd)and Al Iafrate(4th Rd)have sons who'll be in this years draft(predicted to go in those Rds).

vCash
    Mr. Wiskers, I really expect them to make a deal for a player that will include the first round pick but lets say they dont. If Stefan Matteau is available definitely take him hes been ranked as could go mid round so if hes there late no problem taking a stap at him. As for Stepan's cousin, I take him for the simple factor that he played for the best hockey factory in the US, Shattuck St. Marys.

vCash
    Wouldn't the announcers love saying Matteau, Matteau, Matteau again..haha

vCash
    I am hoping a trade for upcoming 2013 UFAs Getzlaf or Jordan Stall can be worked out, recognizing it could very well be impossible to trade with Pittsburgh. We are still soft at the center position -- I would risk overpaying for Getzlaf given his play-making, power play skills, physicality and leadership.

If the Rangers believe they can sign Schultz, this is the type of trade I see Sather working toward. Otherwise, solidifying our defense is the top priority, in my view. Other than Girardi, McD & Staal, our defenseman during the playoffs were not strong enough in their zone for a Stanley Cup winning team. Hank and our forwards compensated for them, but that cannot be relied upon.

vCash
    If I were you guys and you don't have a Twitter I would create one and follow the following accounts for this upcoming week.

TSN Guys:
    Bob McKenzie
    Darren Dreger

CBJ Writer:
    Aaron Portzline

NYR Writer:
    Jim Cerny
    Adam Rotter
    Jesse Spector

vCash
    Dont forget to make sure they are the real accounts, you can tell because of the amount of people following them or the blue checkmark next to their name. This time of year alot of fake accounts pop up, use the same picture, tweet a fake deal and then it blows up cause people keep retweeting (or forwarding for the non twitter users) and without realizing it comes from a fake account.

I would also follow Helene Elliot, she seems to have some good west coast stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast