Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How Many Slams Will Nadal Win?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13-16

1 20.00%

2 40.00%
  • 18-20

2 40.00%
    vCash

How Many Slams Will Nadal Win?

We had a thread for Serena after she won, how about Nadal?

I've got him at 17 and tying Federer for the most of all time. He's 27 right now and I see 3 more years of good tennis in him. I think he'll take 2 of the 3 French Opens in those years with Djoker getting to him in the other. I don't think he'll get another Wimbledon, his knees just don't play their anymore as seen by the past two years and he would also have to get by Djoker or Murray who are far superior grass court players. That leaves the hard courts. I think he'll get one more hard court victory within those three years. The end of this year was as good as he is going to get on these courts and going forth guys like Djoker and Murray have the game that is going to make it difficult for him on those surfaces. You also have to factor in injuries and he's been known to take time off and skip those tournaments in order to rehab. That their puts him at 16. After that I think he'll pull what Federer did at Wimbledon in 2012 and get that Slam that everybody kind of knows is likely the last for him. That will be of course at Roland Garros giving him 11 French's, a couple Wimbledon's, and then another four between the hard court Slams. In the end I think this will leave him as the consensus number two player of all time and of course the greatest to ever play on clay, but still second to Federer on the all time rankings.
    Last edited by Swarley91; 09-10-2013 at 11:14 PM.

vCash
    I picked 18-20 because I am Rafa homer but I doubt he will get there. i agree with you on Roland Gaross. Djokovic will win 1 and Rafa will win 1 or 2.

However I disagree about wimbledon. I think he has a better grass court game than Djoker and Murray. he has 2 titles and 3 finals. However his knees gave out the last two wimbledons. i think 2012 wimbledon was just due to the wear and tear. 2013 wimbledon was due to the long clay court season. If he gets past the first week of wimbledon, I will pick him over Djokovic and Murray. I think he has atleast 1 more wimbledon in him.

His hard court success will depend on which Djokovic we see. If we see 2012/13 djokovic, Nadal can add a few more hardcourt slams. If 2011 Djokovic shows up its going to be only 1 max.

vCash
    The fact that Roland Garros and Wimbledon only have 1 week in between them hurts Rafa. I also thinks its stupid.

vCash
    Agreed. I don't understand why none of the 9 Masters tournaments are played on grass. It would seem obvious to have at least one on grass between the French and Wimbledon in order to give the players some sort of adjustment. I mean their are three on clay. Why none on grass?
    Last edited by Swarley91; 09-11-2013 at 01:41 AM.

vCash

3 rg
    3 other.

vCash
    Is it next year or the year after Wimbledon is being moved back a week so there'll be a three week Gap between Wimbledon and the French. That'll help Rafa immensely when it comes to adjusting to grass.
    For me it remains all about his health. If he can stay relatively healthy for the next three years then I think he'll break the record no problem. If he has another injury where he has to take seven months off then I think he can kiss goodbye to the record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby View Post
    The fact that Roland Garros and Wimbledon only have 1 week in between them hurts Rafa. I also thinks its stupid.
    I was going to mention that. He might (want to) develop an allergy to grass a la Lendl.

vCash
    3 French, 1 non-clay.

vCash
    Next year there is still only 2 weeks between RG and Wimbledon.

vCash
    Must be the year after then. It's sometime soon I know that.

vCash
    Was reminded of this thread and went back to look it up. Some of you have entirely flipped your stance in just one year's time.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ighlight=Nadal

1934 1938 1961 2010 2013

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack the Ripper View Post
    Was reminded of this thread and went back to look it up. Some of you have entirely flipped your stance in just one year's time.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...ighlight=Nadal
    I knew we had this thread before. lol atleast I am somewhat consistent.

vCash
    2 more french opens and 1 more aside from that is the most I think he gets.