Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

General Discussion Thread

Discuss everything pertaining to MLB in here.

vCash
    Red Sox are losing 0-4 against Miami. Beckett is really getting roughed up. Hopefully with us having this off-day the Yankees, Red Sox, and Jays can all lose (Rays also have an off-day).

vCash
    I think the O's are starting to turn the corner, but I don't believe they are there just yet. Another solid bat and some more depth for sure. And the pitching is solid with decent prospects but I feel the team lacks a solid #1 horse. If Britton can be solid and we grab a solid starter (IE-Greinke, Gallaro if Brewers sell out) I would like our chances of winning the AL. But if you look at that Texas line up it is full of bats with solid pitching too.

vCash
    I agree, we don't have a #1, but we do have a few guys right now that I like our chances with everytime out in Hammel, Chen, and Matusz. We'll have to see how Britton, Tillman, Gonzalez (if he gets a chance), and Eveland (if he gets a chance) do. Eveland has been surprisingly very good as our long man. We have some arms though in the organization we can look at. I just have a hard time believing we make a move for a big time arm. Our minors isn't loaded enough, and Bundy/Machado won't be dealt i'm pretty sure.

Our team has some big injuries though, we have been hanging around with 'Kakis, Reimold (who was one of our best hitters before he got hurt, as well as our lead off man), B-Rob (we don't know if he will come back and do much, but still, he could be that lead off man we need and should bring some speed), Lindstrom (was one of our best arms in the pen), and Britton all out. I think we should be ok. Obviously i'd like to see us make a move at the deadline though. A guy like Headley would be great over at 3B. Brings a great glove and a good bat outside of Petco.

vCash
    CC allowed 3 runs in the 1st inning against the Braves. Good news.

vCash
    The Yankees bats are hot right now. Im glad we dont have to play them anytime soon.
    Orioles
    Eagles
    Bulls

vCash
    Yup. A-Roid hit a grandslam which really sucked, if he wouldn't have I think Braves would have taken it.

Rays and the Jays lost, while the Yanks and Sox won. Good to see the Jays struggling. Sox have been but finally got a win.

We just gotta keep it going. Don't want to see us in the cellar of the east.

vCash
    Things can only get better once Reimold and Lindstrom get back. I can see us finishing above the Jays and possibly the Sox. It will just be tough to beat the Yankees and Rays but we are doing so much better than I thought we would. Our days as a laughing stock are coming to an end....knock on wood.
    Orioles
    Eagles
    Bulls

vCash
    Reimold is still having tingling, he is going to have an MRI in Baltimore tomorrow. I sure am not feeling good about his chance to come back this year until proven otherwise honestly. But yeah, i'm excited for Lindstrom to get back. He was a key to our 'pen.

vCash
    A's just beat the Rays, not sure who i'd rather see win...