Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: JVR rumors

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    that could most certainly get it done, elate. JVR may have had an injury-plagued season but he's still seen as a potential stud around the league.

i mean what do you think the Flyers would have to give up to get kane?
    The one fly in the ointment there is his contract....with him just starting a longer term deal of over 4 mill per season that changes the game for any GM dealing for him. I would think in the mind of a GM interested in him that contract takes him from "potential stud" to "this guy better produce at a strong level or I have a long term contract on my hands that may not be a good return for me"(after also having given up something of value for him)....

that's the seeds of doubt that may not make his value a homerun here. Just a thought.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Every year there are reports of some RFA not wanting to resign with his team and the Flyers and every other team are either going to sign him to an offer sheet or trade for him and give up way less than his value. For examples, see Stmakos, Doughty and Yandle last year.

Just because Kane doesn't want to resign, doesn't mean he gets dealt. Furthermore, when players are "put on the block" it doesn't happen inside a vaccuum. Fans always seem to have a video game mentality when it comes to trading. They think if a player has an 80 rating, they just need to trade another 80 rating to get him. However, in video games, supply and demand does not exist as it does in the real world. The human cotrolled team obvioulsy has an advantage because the game exists just to interact in the world of that team.

If Kane were to be made available be WIN...several teams would bid for him which drives up his price meaning he would cost more than JVR. If the only team WIN was allowed to deal with was the Flyers than that would be different...but that is not the case,
    Just the same way that every a young player has some injury problems, works to get healthy and in shape over the offseason and comes back to have a breakout year????

Compare the career of both players and you will find that up until this year JVR and Kane were almost identical in terms of progession. If JVR doesnt get hurt this year and gets some regular minutes with a playmaker he most likely has a similar season to Kane's. If Kane reneogtiates without any issue than we never hear anything about Kane potentially being on the block. I really dont think a JVR for Kane trade is that far fetched.

That being said I dont trade JVR unless its in a deal for a stud defenseman. If we can get Weber with a reasonable offer that includes JVR then I dont have a problem with trading him because we are addressing a weakness on our team. If trading JVR cant address that need then I give him a try as the power forward on Giroux's line and then we will see what he really has to offer (dont forget he was playing alongside Giroux in the Boston playoff series that he stood out in.)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StryderSox View Post
    Just the same way that every a young player has some injury problems, works to get healthy and in shape over the offseason and comes back to have a breakout year????

Compare the career of both players and you will find that up until this year JVR and Kane were almost identical in terms of progession. If JVR doesnt get hurt this year and gets some regular minutes with a playmaker he most likely has a similar season to Kane's. If Kane reneogtiates without any issue than we never hear anything about Kane potentially being on the block. I really dont think a JVR for Kane trade is that far fetched.

That being said I dont trade JVR unless its in a deal for a stud defenseman. If we can get Weber with a reasonable offer that includes JVR then I dont have a problem with trading him because we are addressing a weakness on our team. If trading JVR cant address that need then I give him a try as the power forward on Giroux's line and then we will see what he really has to offer (dont forget he was playing alongside Giroux in the Boston playoff series that he stood out in.)
    I think you misunderstood the premise of my post. I was in no way bashing JVR. I like JVR, perhaps more than most and I believe the chance of him coming back healthy and breaking out are quite good. However, that doesn't mean his trade value is at the same level it was this time last season. A player's trade value is like a stock...it goes up and down based on recent performance. JVR's stock has taken a hit the last season while Kane's has gone up. That's not to say that JVR is a bust and Kane is a stud but as of right now Kane is worth more than JVR. Also, my post was meant to point out that simply because a RFA claims he ownt sign an extension, his value doesn't drmastically decrease. To use my stock analogy again, it would be like a broker saying he needs to sell some stock and even though the stock has done well recently and is expected to perform even better moving forward he therefore has to sell it at far less than his value. In other words, circumstance rarely affects a players value. The market will determine the players value. If Kane hits the open market, there would probably be at leats 20 teams very interested. On the other hand, in JVR's case...fewer teams will be interested based on his recent perfromance....therefore less teams interested equals less value.

vCash

Draft Day Trade Idea

OK...I have a crazy trade proposal and I just want to see what you guys think.

To Philly:
    Bobby Ryan
    6th overall pick

To Anahiem:
    JVR
    Briere
    20th overall pick

I might even be willing to throw in another pick also(maybe a 2nd or 3rd next year)

Anaheim wants a proven top 2 line center in any deal for ryan (briere) and we replace ryan for them (JVR)

On top of that we get a top 10 pick and clear salary so we can make a push for a top dman like weber

I would do this in a heartbeat...only question...would they?
    What do you guys think?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scofield_18 View Post
    OK...I have a crazy trade proposal and I just want to see what you guys think.

To Philly:
    Bobby Ryan
    6th overall pick

To Anahiem:
    JVR
    Briere
    20th overall pick

I might even be willing to throw in another pick also(maybe a 2nd or 3rd next year)

Anaheim wants a proven top 2 line center in any deal for ryan (briere) and we replace ryan for them (JVR)

On top of that we get a top 10 pick and clear salary so we can make a push for a top dman like weber

I would do this in a heartbeat...only question...would they?
    What do you guys think?
    i'd probably do that, just to create some cap space. they could draft a defenseman, or even teravainen with that #6 pick to replace briere.

also gives them space to sign someone.

don't think ANA would go for that, though. they're mostly interested in picks/prospects; briere doesn't fit the profile.

vCash
    And why would Briere waive his NMC?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567