Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 96

Thread: JVR rumors

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,296
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    Flyers offered JVR straight up for him last year and they turned it down
    times have changed.....prospects/picks + jvr get it done?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    He does want out, and he is a RFA...could happen I don't know


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    I would personally much rather have Evander Kane than Nash. Is Nash a good player absolutely but why trade one of your biggest chips for a player that does not address any of your team needs in any way???

    We need to stop thinking of making a headline deal (unless its for Weber) and start thinking about making sensible moves that strengthen weaknesses for years to come.

    Bottomline we dont need Nash or Parise because this isnt NHL2k12. The only big splash we should be chasing is a franchise defenseman if one is available for a price that isnt complete outragous. Otherwise start looking at guys like Wideman, Schultz, Schenn and Allen and using our pick to try and grab a good young defenseman that we can develop for a few years down the road.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    I would cream if we could somehow get Kane and bogosian in the same deal


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    1,296
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I would cream if we could somehow get Kane and bogosian in the same deal
    i really want evander kane now.......

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    He is a flyer esque player, could be a phenomenal fit, Kane and giroux on same line I think so


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I would cream if we could somehow get Kane and bogosian in the same deal
    The Flyers do not have enough on their roster, that any fan would be willing to part with that could get both those players.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    The Flyers do not have enough on their roster, that any fan would be willing to part with that could get both those players.
    I disagree, the jets just overvalue both players a tad, I think most g,s would do Kane for JVR straight up


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,563
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    I disagree, the jets just overvalue both players a tad, I think most g,s would do Kane for JVR straight up
    As a Flyers fan, there has to be a reason you are willing to trade JVR, especially for another wing. I understand why anyone would trade JVR for Weber because he fits an obvious need for the Flyers. But why would anyone be willing to trade JVR for Kane or Nash? The reason is because he has not lived up to his potential to this point and has been a bit injury plagued. If JVR was living up to his potential the idea of trading him for Nash or even Kane would be laughable. Therefore, the fact that you are even entertaining the idea of trading JVR means his value is less than his potential. Why would WIN trade a player of equal poential that has showed signs of living up to that poential staright up for a player that has not?

    You can not have your cake and eat it to. If the idea of JVR being traded for Kane even intrigues you it means JVR is not worth him straight up...it would take JVR plus to get Kane and JVR plus enturely too much to get Kane and Bogo.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,621
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyc77 View Post
    Why would WIN trade a player of equal poential that has showed signs of living up to that poential staright up for a player that has not?
    Because if the reports coming out of Winnipeg are true then Evander Kane does not want to negotiate a contract with Winnipeg because he wants to go to a bigger market, whereas JVR is locked up long term. If the reports are false then I doubt Winnipeg trades Kane unless they are blown away.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    6,563
    vCash
    1500
    Every year there are reports of some RFA not wanting to resign with his team and the Flyers and every other team are either going to sign him to an offer sheet or trade for him and give up way less than his value. For examples, see Stmakos, Doughty and Yandle last year.

    Just because Kane doesn't want to resign, doesn't mean he gets dealt. Furthermore, when players are "put on the block" it doesn't happen inside a vaccuum. Fans always seem to have a video game mentality when it comes to trading. They think if a player has an 80 rating, they just need to trade another 80 rating to get him. However, in video games, supply and demand does not exist as it does in the real world. The human cotrolled team obvioulsy has an advantage because the game exists just to interact in the world of that team.

    If Kane were to be made available be WIN...several teams would bid for him which drives up his price meaning he would cost more than JVR. If the only team WIN was allowed to deal with was the Flyers than that would be different...but that is not the case,

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    City of Brotherly Love
    Posts
    2,260
    vCash
    1500
    Stop making sense dude. This is the internet.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Southern NJ
    Posts
    3,451
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    times have changed.....prospects/picks + jvr get it done?
    Ha yes Kane had a breakout season and JVR hardly played at all.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    9,448
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by elate View Post
    Ha yes Kane had a breakout season and JVR hardly played at all.
    that could most certainly get it done, elate. JVR may have had an injury-plagued season but he's still seen as a potential stud around the league.

    i mean what do you think the Flyers would have to give up to get kane?

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,671
    vCash
    1500
    Here's the deal with JVR..........

    Officially I'm OK with him being here next year, just as I'm OK with him being traded this year. I just don't hate him or love him. The facts remain IMO.....

    1. CAN he be a beast like he was in the playoffs a couple years ago?..Yes
    2. Was his "beast mode" such an extremely limited time frame in the scope of his career that no one has any idea if he can actually be close to that good on a consistent basis? Yes
    3. Have there been a thousand other draft picks in the history of the NHL that have also had the "potential" to be good like that? ..yes
    4. Have a thousand other draft picks reached their "potential"? ..No


    Consider this:

    1. Do we want to just give up on a guy who could be a guy that can get 30 per year?....No
    2. By the same token......Matt Read who is an undrafted rookie has already had a season way more consistent and made a bigger impact on the performance of his team than JVR has to date...

    Conclusion:

    If we get a deal that gives us a chance to upgrade the performance of this team, then we move him........why??....because in the end...even if he goes on to score 25,30,35 goals somewhere a few years from now we are STILL the freakin Flyers and we'll spend to the cap and find a way to bring in guys who give us a chance to go deep in the playoffs every year. We'll make a few mistakes...but we seem to make enough right decisions so we feel like we have a chance.....

    so let's not run him out of town for a sack of pucks.......but let's also not be so scared to take a calculated risk and trade him...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •