Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 96

Thread: JVR rumors

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    468
    vCash
    1500
    Only if we could move Briere would I even ATTEMPT to get Nash. But it's basically giving up JVR, Briere, Bob and (draft picks maybe?) for Nash. Not saying Briere would be in the trade but we would most defiantly would have to let him go. But then that opens ANOTHER open spot on offense. Our offense would still be very deep but the way our offense is now - the 4th line could be a 3rd line on most teams in the NHL. Am I being greedy about how deep our offense is? Maybe.

    I suggested in the offseason topic if you really want to go full out in the offseason - get Nash AND Parise. Parise-G-Nash would sure be a hell of a line but like phillyeaglesman pointed out, not sure if it'll be the smartest idea looking towards the future.

    There are some positives to a Nash deal though. With the help of the extended cap and Timmos contract expiring after this year and most likely getting rid of Brieres contract, it opens a lot of space. Not to mention the amnesty clause (hopefully). So for the first few years it might not hurt us to have Nash but then we are screwed when G and the young core needs to be resigned.

    I still think JVR could become a better version of Nash and JVR would already be locked up for the long term with a pretty small cap hit.

    All in all though - try to sign Parise first. If that doesn't work, MAYBE go get Nash.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    I say trade JVR and then Bob for draft picks. Offersheet Weber. Resign Carle, Jagr, and Vorechek. Sign a Biron to be back up.

    Hart-g-jagr
    v-danny-schenn
    read-cooter-simmer
    rinaldo-wellwood-talbot

    Weber-kimmo
    grossmann-coburn
    carle-mezzy

    bry
    back up

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Deasr1 View Post
    I say trade JVR and then Bob for draft picks. Offersheet Weber. Resign Carle, Jagr, and Vorechek. Sign a Biron to be back up.

    Hart-g-jagr
    v-danny-schenn
    read-cooter-simmer
    rinaldo-wellwood-talbot

    Weber-kimmo
    grossmann-coburn
    carle-mezzy

    bry
    back up

    this is THE plan for my taste of what i'd like the flyers to do ... i think biron is off the market and he resigned with the NYR ...

    if there is a amnesty clause here ... i'm amnesty'ing bryz and paying the 41 million for him not to be a flyer for the next 8 years at 5.2 million a year ... jesus what a bad deal ...

    go after Bernier because Hexy has Quick and now wants to help us after last night ...

    let our young guys grow as a team grow for 4 years together and leave it alone ...

    Weber should be our #1 priority - no one except G, Couts, Schenn, Grossmann and Coburn (did i just say this? ... Coburn - wow) should be safe from being traded

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    JERSEY
    Posts
    1,176
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    this is THE plan for my taste of what i'd like the flyers to do ... i think biron is off the market and he resigned with the NYR ...

    if there is a amnesty clause here ... i'm amnesty'ing bryz and paying the 41 million for him not to be a flyer for the next 8 years at 5.2 million a year ... jesus what a bad deal ...go after Bernier because Hexy has Quick and now wants to help us after last night ...

    let our young guys grow as a team grow for 4 years together and leave it alone ...

    Weber should be our #1 priority - no one except G, Couts, Schenn, Grossmann and Coburn (did i just say this? ... Coburn - wow) should be safe from being traded
    I so agree with you but you better be careful in this forum,say anything negative against Bryz and you will be gang tackled and insulted.....

    To think that it was basically because of signing Bryz we broke up a team that just had us in the Stanly Cup 2/years ago and now we get a chance to see what great goaltending can get you.
    I feel that if we didn`t have to worry and or compensate for poor goaltending it would have allowed our players to play their game the way they play it best and it would have been Flyers holding up that Cup..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,064
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by FLYER-FAN View Post
    I so agree with you but you better be careful in this forum,say anything negative against Bryz and you will be gang tackled and insulted.....

    To think that it was basically because of signing Bryz we broke up a team that just had us in the Stanly Cup 2/years ago and now we get a chance to see what great goaltending can get you.
    I feel that if we didn`t have to worry and or compensate for poor goaltending it would have allowed our players to play their game the way they play it best and it would have been Flyers holding up that Cup..
    I'm not saying that I want Bryz for another 8 years, but you act like goalies grow on trees when we haven't had one since I started watching hockey (and I'm 22 years old). We had a 0% chance of winning a cup with Boucher/Bob/Leighton plain and simple, and not one person in this town wanted to see that **** anymore. At least with Bryz we have a shot if our young guys continue to develop, technically we overachieved this year with the expectations we had at the beginning of the season.

    I was glad to see Richards and Gagne win a cup, but I don't regret trading Carter for a second. He took way too many games off, was inconsistent, and was rumored to be a problem in the locker room. Yes the Kings had a potent offense, but they don't go anywhere if Quick isn't 16-4 with a 1.41 GAA in the postseason. We need to keep Bryz on the potential that he could do that alone. We have so much young talent that we will be right there again next year, so I still don't regret any of the moves we made in the offseason last year.

    THANK YOU DANNY B #48

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,485
    vCash
    1500
    goalies are so year to year anyway and their age doesn't matter ... last year marty sucked now he was in the cup finals ... miller had a down year last year ... so did mike smith

    goalies are a crapshoot and their mental state is key ... our goalie is a head case ... greatttttt

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Malvern
    Posts
    811
    vCash
    1500
    I'd rather package JVR + for Weber. This team showed it could score last year without JVR... That being said, Giroux to Nash for the next 6 years would be sick. You'd have to shed a lot of salary and play with a relatively weak defense though.
    Prepare to experience sexual magic.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    14,016
    vCash
    1500
    I wouldn't amnesty Bryz yet (if there isn't even a clause when the agreement happens). It's not uncommon for players to struggle in new environments when they have so much pressure on them right away. Hopefully he can make adjustments and be more prepared next season. If he continues to struggle then I'd consider it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    102
    vCash
    1500
    Drew doughty said that he felt the pressure of his new contract this season and that's why he didn't live up to his expectations. Then in the playoffs he said he was having fun and was playing a lot better so I'm sure the same is with bryz, except we haven't seen him play better. But I'm sure it'll happen with time, if he doesn't play well in the next two years then I won't be pro bryz but for now I still have some hope.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,558
    vCash
    1500
    JVR IMO isn't going anywhere unless he randomly decides he wants to and asks for it, offers will be there I still feel one more year Is necessary


    FLYERS/EAGLES

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    171
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    JVR IMO isn't going anywhere unless he randomly decides he wants to and asks for it, offers will be there I still feel one more year Is necessary
    I think he has a NMC kick in on July 1rst. So if he would be going anywhere, it would be a week from Friday.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    515
    vCash
    1500
    This rumor sounds like a no brainer, a 28 yr old stud power forward with 40-50 goal a year potential. We could match the rest of the division with a legit goal scoreing winger.

    Pitt- Neal
    NYR- Gabroik
    NJ- Kovalchuk, Prasie

    I still think JVR can do that for the Flyers. If he is healthy and can play on a consistent line, he can score 30-40 goals and with a cap hit 3.5 million less then Nash and signed for 6 more years give it a chance. We already are caring a few teriible contracts, we dont need another one. Our PF for the next 5 seasons should be JVR, Simmonds, and maybe Hartnell.

    Now if JVR gets us a stud D man different story, but it needs to be a top pairing. the next few years we will have significant cap space, so lets not waste it please.

    I dont think we need to keep making major changes, add a few players to the core and let this team gel and make a cup run

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    6
    vCash
    1500
    I've seen all the talks about amnestying Bryzgalov and all the people are saying the same thing but isnt the buyout format like 2/3 of the salary? If so it would means that Flyers would have to pay Bryz 27 million instead of 41 which is way better.

  14. #29
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,661
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ricksteelers55 View Post
    I've seen all the talks about amnestying Bryzgalov and all the people are saying the same thing but isnt the buyout format like 2/3 of the salary? If so it would means that Flyers would have to pay Bryz 27 million instead of 41 which is way better.
    Amnesty means you completely remove his cap hit from your books. In a "buy out" situation you pay 2/3 of his salary and his cap hit gets spread over twice the remaining years...I'm not sure of the exact percentages and what actually gets paid....but in theory if he had a cap hit 6 million for 8 more years, if we bought him out we'd still have to carry a cap hit of like 2.5 million each year for 16 years (that's just a guess on rough numbers but I think it's something like 75% of the current cap hit spread over Twice the remaining years of the contract)....like re-financing your house for a longer term at a better interest rate..only you don't get to live in it lol

  15. #30
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    35,381
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sev66 View Post
    This rumor sounds like a no brainer, a 28 yr old stud power forward with 40-50 goal a year potential. We could match the rest of the division with a legit goal scoreing winger.

    Pitt- Neal
    NYR- Gabroik
    NJ- Kovalchuk, Prasie

    I still think JVR can do that for the Flyers. If he is healthy and can play on a consistent line, he can score 30-40 goals and with a cap hit 3.5 million less then Nash and signed for 6 more years give it a chance. We already are caring a few teriible contracts, we dont need another one. Our PF for the next 5 seasons should be JVR, Simmonds, and maybe Hartnell.

    Now if JVR gets us a stud D man different story, but it needs to be a top pairing. the next few years we will have significant cap space, so lets not waste it please.

    I dont think we need to keep making major changes, add a few players to the core and let this team gel and make a cup run
    did you just say Rick Nash is a 40-50 goal scorer? Hes gotten 40 goals twice in his career. Hes not some stud player, hes hardly an 80 pt player

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •