Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: JVR rumors

vCash
    Why not ?

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    Lots of rumors circulating that currently JVR wasn't having the surgery because he didn't want to get traded.

At the end of the season, he was on the list of players who Homer said needed surgery. Why, in two weeks, did his injury (which was thought to have needed surgery back in December) go from "needs surgery" to "doesn't need surgery"? He's got a torn labrum. He needs surgery.

In the end, I don't like seeing this come out, 3 days after those rumors started, and two days after it was reported he had an infection, which was why he was waiting on not having surgery. Now it's not an infection. Now he doesn't "need surgery". To me? It screams "********" from a mountain top.

Where there's smoke....
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-15-2012 at 01:10 AM.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Lots of rumors circulating that currently JVR wasn't having the surgery because he didn't want to get traded.

At the end of the season, he was on the list of players who Homer said needed surgery. Why, in two weeks, did his injury (which was thought to have needed surgery back in December) go from "needs surgery" to "doesn't need surgery"? He's got a torn labrum. He needs surgery.

In the end, I don't like seeing this come out, 3 days after those rumors started, and two days after it was reported he had an infection, which was why he was waiting on not having surgery. Now it's not an infection. Now he doesn't "need surgery". To me? It screams "********" from a mountain top.

Where there's smoke....

i understand your concern, but i have to disagree.

first of all, a torn labrum is not something that needs surgery to be repaired. you have a labrum anywhere you have a ball and socket joint. it's basically just a wedge-shaped covering that prevents bone-on-bone interaction. i tore the labrum in my shoulder. it was a 4-5 week recovery that required rest, then strengthening and stretching exercises. this can be healed without surgery, and it can be dealt with, which is probably why he played with it all year.

second, not having surgery to not get traded really isn't all that plausible, mainly for the reason i just mentioned above about it not being a major injury. it's not a red-flag injury, so even if teams knew he had it, which of course they all do, it's not going to prevent them from trading for him. if he does what he should do therapy-wise, he won't have any lingering effects.

also, the guy wouldn't put his season in danger just to avoid getting traded. if it really was a surgical issue, he'd have the surgery. he's not gonna put his season on the line just to stick around.

it all sounds fishy, i know, but i just don't see him not having surgery so that he can stay, only to limp around and play like **** for next season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by phillyeaglesman View Post
    i understand your concern, but i have to disagree.

first of all, a torn labrum is not something that needs surgery to be repaired. you have a labrum anywhere you have a ball and socket joint. it's basically just a wedge-shaped covering that prevents bone-on-bone interaction. i tore the labrum in my shoulder. it was a 4-5 week recovery that required rest, then strengthening and stretching exercises. this can be healed without surgery, and it can be dealt with, which is probably why he played with it all year.

second, not having surgery to not get traded really isn't all that plausible, mainly for the reason i just mentioned above about it not being a major injury. it's not a red-flag injury, so even if teams knew he had it, which of course they all do, it's not going to prevent them from trading for him. if he does what he should do therapy-wise, he won't have any lingering effects.

also, the guy wouldn't put his season in danger just to avoid getting traded. if it really was a surgical issue, he'd have the surgery. he's not gonna put his season on the line just to stick around.

it all sounds fishy, i know, but i just don't see him not having surgery so that he can stay, only to limp around and play like **** for next season.
    Part of the problem here is that he's had off time. While you've torn your labrum in the past, there are multiple ways to injure your labrum and multiple degrees. If JVR's labrum tear was similar to yours, he had 6-7 weeks at the end of the season to rest his labrum prior to the playoffs. He was still hurt. It's fairly safe to assume that he's past that point. If you've got 6+ weeks of rest, and still cannot play with the labrum being injured, you're probably at the point of surgery. Which is what the team thought two-three weeks ago when they announced he was on the surgery list. As well, doing a little digging on the internet, the prevailing method of treating a labrum tear in which someone has experienced ongoing discomfort is surgery. This has been an issue he's dealt with for some time, it would seem. I would consider it on going.

Did you have a shoulder or a hip labrum tear? As there is a labral in both. I believe JVR's is of the hip variety, as that was the injury that was reported as far back as December.

Yeah it sounds very fishy. Especially considering two weeks ago he needed surgery. Then he had an infection which was the hold up. And now...all of a sudden he....he doesn't.

I'm not saying it's true but as this goes on, you add it up, it's starting to sound like it is.

And if he's an immature 23 year old, it would make sense, especially if he believes he can play with it. He wont pass a physical from another team with a torn labrum which would veto any trade. Honestly, to an immature 23 year old, that kind of logic probably makes a hell of a lot of sense. I'm not calling him immature, but if this is a true decision, he's being immature. Especially because it sounds like, just a few weeks ago, he needed the surgery. And really, it's probably more prudent to just have the damn surgery considering he's played on it all year and despite multiple layoffs, never looked right again and still bothered him. Yet...now we're not getting it.

Honestly I hope it's untrue. But as more and more comes out, it looks uglier and uglier.
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 06-15-2012 at 10:27 AM.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    jvr's potential means nothign if he can't stay on the ice ...

if he stays and is healthy, and everything works out contract wise, later down the line (2 years from now), i'd love to see these lines

JVR Giroux Simmonds
    Schenn Couturier Vorachek

vCash
    and yes, i like schenn on the wing ...

vCash
    Im so wishy washy on him going... ill be honest. One day im like TRADE HIM F HIM!

Next day im like but he could evolve into a stud if he can be healthy all year...

So today im like F it.... let him go lol

Check out our website for Philly Sports .
    Or PM me if you ever need a WEBSITE of course that will cost ya.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Part of the problem here is that he's had off time. While you've torn your labrum in the past, there are multiple ways to injure your labrum and multiple degrees. If JVR's labrum tear was similar to yours, he had 6-7 weeks at the end of the season to rest his labrum prior to the playoffs. He was still hurt. It's fairly safe to assume that he's past that point. If you've got 6+ weeks of rest, and still cannot play with the labrum being injured, you're probably at the point of surgery. Which is what the team thought two-three weeks ago when they announced he was on the surgery list. As well, doing a little digging on the internet, the prevailing method of treating a labrum tear in which someone has experienced ongoing discomfort is surgery. This has been an issue he's dealt with for some time, it would seem. I would consider it on going.

Did you have a shoulder or a hip labrum tear? As there is a labral in both. I believe JVR's is of the hip variety, as that was the injury that was reported as far back as December.

Yeah it sounds very fishy. Especially considering two weeks ago he needed surgery. Then he had an infection which was the hold up. And now...all of a sudden he....he doesn't.

I'm not saying it's true but as this goes on, you add it up, it's starting to sound like it is.

And if he's an immature 23 year old, it would make sense, especially if he believes he can play with it. He wont pass a physical from another team with a torn labrum which would veto any trade. Honestly, to an immature 23 year old, that kind of logic probably makes a hell of a lot of sense. I'm not calling him immature, but if this is a true decision, he's being immature. Especially because it sounds like, just a few weeks ago, he needed the surgery. And really, it's probably more prudent to just have the damn surgery considering he's played on it all year and despite multiple layoffs, never looked right again and still bothered him. Yet...now we're not getting it.

Honestly I hope it's untrue. But as more and more comes out, it looks uglier and uglier.

you do have multiple places for labrum's. like i explained, anywhere you have a ball-and-socket joint, you have a labrum. mine was in my shoulder.

i get what you're saying; it definitely sounds fishy. who really knows at this point.

bottom line for me, i'd rather not trade him; however, if they did, it BETTER be for a star player.

vCash
    Nash is a better player. The deal is a no-brainer.
    PROUD CHARTER MEMBER: Phillies PSD HAll of Fame, Class of '08.
    [

ALL YOUR ACE ARE BELONG TO US.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    Nash is a better player. The deal is a no-brainer.
    At 7.8 I think not, and at an older age where players have already peaked

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    nash isn't just a better player ... he is a WAY better player

JVR has the potential, but he is now 23 and hasn't played a full season yet ... and has only shown flashes against boston in a playoff series ...

but let's not kid ourselves ... rick nash just turned 28 and has 5 years left of being a stud ... if you can get him for JVR + bob + 2 first round picks + whatever as long as it is not couturier or schenn ... good-bye JVR

vCash
    You would really want Rick Nash at a 7.8 cap hit? The guy is not that good. Hes a fine player, but that cap hit is horrendous. There is one team where Nash is worth 7.8mil and thats Columbus

vCash
    Wouldn't It be nice if I could just take over another gms body for just a measily hour?

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash
    i just want a d man, i know suter is not going to happen so getting weber or get wideman & keep carle would be ideal.

evander kane wants out of WIN. id rather have him then nash. he would fit in perfectly......i wonder what their asking price would be?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    honestly i just want a d man, i know suter is not going to happen so getting weber or get wideman & keep carle would be ideal.

evander kane wants out of WIN. id rather have him then nash. he would fit in perfectly......i wonder what their asking price would be?
    Flyers offered JVR straight up for him last year and they turned it down

FLYERS/EAGLES

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast