Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: JVR rumors

vCash

JVR rumors

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Nash/45/44883

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/06...ing-block.html

jvr holding up on surgery or is this just ********? id rather deal jvr for a Dman but i won't complain about nash being here.

vCash
    Nash is easily one of the most overpaid players

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyonthespot View Post
    http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-...-Nash/45/44883

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2012/06...ing-block.html

jvr holding up on surgery or is this just ********? id rather deal jvr for a Dman but i won't complain about nash being here.
    First off, when its Eklund rumors dealing with Philly, always take his words seriously. The guy lives near Philly and has good sources with the organization. But Meltzer I am not too sure about, but I think they share info. I really think theres some truth to Nash for JVR rumors. When the Columbus execs where in the owners box in Philly, watching the Flyers play, I really think they were scouting players and talking turkey. I will admit, a line with Giroux and Nash is down right terrifying. Voracek - Giroux - Nash, Nash would have 50 goal seasons without a problem. But that cap hit... is too much... if they dump Timonen or Briere, I'm all for a Nash deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Nash is easily one of the most overpaid players
    Its really interesting when you think about it. JVR and Nash... are identical style players. Nash is a veteran with an extreme high salary, but when JVR is on he does the same things. JVR has the ability to be better then Nash at Nash's own style of game (which he has shown us in the 2011 playoffs) at a huge discount.

I honestly think JVR has a great trade value because his proven ability to dominate a game with a low/long term cap hit. Nash is the same package but with a terrible cap. JVR and Bourdon for Nash is all the compensation it will take. NYR i believe were offering less at the deadline.

I personally hang on to JVR. Poor guy is the only high talent forward without a NTC (for 20 more days)
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 06-11-2012 at 04:57 PM.

vCash
    well its popping up on more sites and eskin was also talking about it. i think he gets traded regardless.

guy at work said it was bob/jvr for nash. other picks/players involved but that was the heart of the deal.

i really really really would rather trade jvr/bob/and the rights to carle for a top dman...and get a 3rd line winger and give read and couturier more playing time. we have plenty of offense

and nash isn't overrated......hartnell/giroux/nash would be once of the best lines in the nhl

vCash
    well its popping up on more sites and eskin was also talking about it. i think he gets traded regardless.

guy at work said it was bob/jvr for nash. other picks/players involved but that was the heart of the deal.

i really really really would rather trade jvr/bob/and the rights to carle for a top dman...and get a 3rd line winger and give read and couturier more playing time. we have plenty of offense

and nash isn't overrated......hartnell/giroux/nash would be once of the best lines in the nhl
    gotta balance the lines. Nash would be an upgrade over hartnell on that line. Need a passer/playmaker with Giroux and Nash on that line.

I am in love with Bob and I do not move him. Send him to Europe for 1 year and a new contract after that for the AHL. Dude is going to be a STUD in 3-4 years. He can be everything Jonathon Quick is, and better

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    gotta balance the lines. Nash would be an upgrade over hartnell on that line. Need a passer/playmaker with Giroux and Nash on that line.

I am in love with Bob and I do not move him. Send him to Europe for 1 year and a new contract after that for the AHL. Dude is going to be a STUD in 3-4 years. He can be everything Jonathon Quick is, and better
    what is giroux?

and thats a very very very bold statement

vCash
    Actually if the speculation is true that we will sign Jagr back I think that number one line would be Nash/G/Jags or balance it out a little more and leave the line from last year together and bump Nash down to the second to give that line more firepower......either way....

I don't know though.....adding a guy with an 8 million cap hit for the next 6 years makes me a little nervous. Obviously in Columbus the guy hasn't had the supporting cast to really flourish......so putting him with a legtimate, does he really take off and become worth that kinda cap hit?? Tough call.

I don't know....I'd rather reserve 8 million for a guy like Weber who seems to be much more of a need than Nash.

vCash
    Just as another twist here......what are the chances that trading JVR isn't totally a hockey decision? ...I mean when he was drafted it seemed like the organization was a little annoyed that he chose to go to college instead.....Now there is this goofy surgery thing going on.

Is it possible in there somewhere that perhaps there are things that he does or the way that he goes about his business that they just don't love? Now keep in mind there doesn't seem to be hardly any of those type stories that get spread around about NHL players, but perhaps there are some possibilities there that they just dont love about him as far as having the attitude that they want.....

vCash
    You people realize CBJ wants JVR, bob, schenn/couts, and our first rounder right?

FLYERS/EAGLES

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flyerschris View Post
    Well get used to it...JVR is gonna get linked to 14 more rumors before it's all done..

vCash
    what is giroux?
    Giroux is a goal scorer and playmaker. Nash would be the goal scoring power forward (The role Hartnell played on the top line this year). Cant have 2 power forwards on one line unless you have a surplus. You each line needs 1, gotta spread them out.

Theoretically, the perfect hockey line has a power forward, a goal scorer, and a playmaker. And also ideally at least one of those guys is a hybrid (for instance on the legion of doom line Lindros was a power forward/goal scorer, and right now Giroux is a playmaker/goal scorer)

and thats a very very very bold statement
    Bob is easily top 3 in physically talented goaltenders in this league, easily, if not #1. But he has piss poor basic hockey fundamentals, which can be taught, it takes experience and time.

I made that statement because Quick makes a lot of saves with his athleticism, and Bob has superior athleticism. If he had equal fundamentals, he'd be the better goaltender.

Bob will be a great goaltender in this league is he gets 150 starts in the next 3 years in the AHL
    Last edited by Randall Stevens; 06-11-2012 at 11:09 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giroux 4 MVP View Post
    You people realize CBJ wants JVR, bob, schenn/couts, and our first rounder right?
    NYR offered them Dubinsky, AHL prospect, Junior hockey prospect, and 1st rounder, then they were very close. Thats a 26 year old 16 goals guy, 2 non-pro prospects, and a 1st... and they were VERY close to closing a deal.

JVR's value is WORLDS ahead of Dubinsky. throw in a prospect with actual NHL experience (bourdon or wellwood) and a draft pick, and its done.

I still say dont do it. Too many high salary forwards at that point. I dont want to see Nash and Briere contracts on this team

vCash
    This is a flat-out terrible idea. Let's start there.

From a hockey perspective, what does Nash bring over 2011-2012 Hartnell that justifies spending an additional $3.5M? Maybe, with a great year, Nash scores 50-55 goals. Hartnell scored what--37? So, best case scenario, we're paying $3.5M for an additional 18 goals, not counting lost production from Hartnell, which (conservatively) will be 7 goals. So, for $3.5M, we're gaining 11 goals. Wow. Awesome use of cap space.

The better play here, if you're going to trade JVR, is to ship him some place like Florida or Ottawa & try to package him with Bob and picks/prospects for a young defenseman. Take the free cap space and invest in Parise or hold it for Suter or Weber.

Trading JVR for Nash is stupid. Trading JVR for a young defenseman is much smarter. Talking about trading JVR to get his value higher is brilliant, if you can pull it off & parlay that into a young defenseman.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Stevens View Post
    NYR offered them Dubinsky, AHL prospect, Junior hockey prospect, and 1st rounder, then they were very close. Thats a 26 year old 16 goals guy, 2 non-pro prospects, and a 1st... and they were VERY close to closing a deal.

JVR's value is WORLDS ahead of Dubinsky. throw in a prospect with actual NHL experience (bourdon or wellwood) and a draft pick, and its done.

I still say dont do it. Too many high salary forwards at that point. I dont want to see Nash and Briere contracts on this team
    While it's tricky to say exactly what it would take from any team, I think you're right that it won't have to be some huge package to get him. While the guy has proven to be a great player, an 8 million dollar cap hit is still very steep. With that number I'd say the number of teams willing to take him gets pretty slim. It's not really a great contract at this point and there is a cost to a team to get out of a deal that's not exactly favorable and that generally means they have to take a little less on the pure talent for talent perspective.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast