Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Hybrid View

vCash

Going to a minor league game tonight.

(If this is in the wrong topic, please move it, didn't know where I should post it)

I'm going to a Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets) Vs Charleston River Dogs (Yankees) Single A game tonight. I been to Cubs games (from Chicago) but never been to a minor league game, tonight is a double header, game starts in the bottom 4th inning at 5:30 and the second game starts at 7:05. I wanna go for autographs and I have a few question:

1) I wanna get autographs, how early should I get their?

2) When the first game is over, are they gonna take a break or are they gonna go right into the next game? I figure it should get over around 7:00, if it gets over say 7:20 are they still gonna take a 20 minutes break or are they gonna go right into it?

3) If anyone been to a Sand Gnats game, can they give me info about the team or the stadium to help me be successful.

Thanks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaunGBD View Post
    (If this is in the wrong topic, please move it, didn't know where I should post it)

I'm going to a Savannah Sand Gnats (Mets) Vs Charleston River Dogs (Yankees) Single A game tonight. I been to Cubs games (from Chicago) but never been to a minor league game, tonight is a double header, game starts in the bottom 4th inning at 5:30 and the second game starts at 7:05. I wanna go for autographs and I have a few question:

1) I wanna get autographs, how early should I get their?

2) When the first game is over, are they gonna take a break or are they gonna go right into the next game? I figure it should get over around 7:00, if it gets over say 7:20 are they still gonna take a 20 minutes break or are they gonna go right into it?

3) If anyone been to a Sand Gnats game, can they give me info about the team or the stadium to help me be successful.

Thanks
    I'm sure you know the answer to all of your questions by now, but whenever I got to a game and plan on getting autographs I go in as soon as the gates open and stand by the dugout (or by wherever the team is entering the field).

vCash
    The players usually stop signing about 15 minutes before the game starts. Most players will sign if you ask them nicely. Be respectful and appreciative of their time, of course. Also, players will sign after the game in many cases.
    Most importantly, bring a pen and something for the guys to sign.
    Have a good time.