Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    It's true, Kronny and White did get held up, White especially. But they were also clutch players. E is not. Why is Carle pointless? He puts up good numbers, better than E.
    We just lost our two best defensive defenseman. We've got the puckmovers. That's not the problem. We need a defensive defenseman, and which Matt Carle cannot be trusted to shutdown anyone. He's Ian White. We have Ian White.

vCash
    It truly was our bottom 2 Dmen that cost us alot of games. E and Kindl gave away more pucks than "free puck night" at the Joe. Why do you think E was put on Lids line? We've all been saying it for years now. E just isn't worth the $$$. Would like to see an upgrade Trade E and get Carle.
    E is not going anywhere. He has a NTC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    E is not going anywhere. He has a NTC.
    Which can ultimately be waived. And the Jury is still out on if White can be effective without Lids remember, Branny.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    We just lost our two best defensive defenseman. We've got the puckmovers. That's not the problem. We need a defensive defenseman, and which Matt Carle cannot be trusted to shutdown anyone. He's Ian White. We have Ian White.
    Lids was an all around Dman and the puckmover, Stu was the defensive one. I think Suter could be either really. Why not add another point getter? I mean if Karlsson was available would not you want him on the Wings?(not comparing him and Carle BTW)

vCash
    Which can ultimately be waived. And the Jury is still out on if White can be effective without Lids remember, Branny.
    Ian White was impressive with Kyle Quincey. That will likely be our second pairing. He was **** with Jonathan Ericsson, Brad Stuart, Niklas Kronwall and Jakub Kindl.

Lids was an all around Dman and the puckmover, Stu was the defensive one. I think Suter could be either really. Why not add another point getter? I mean if Karlsson was available would not you want him on the Wings?(not comparing him and Carle BTW)
    Ryan Suter won't be our puckmover. He's an elite shutdown defenseman, who happens to have a "good" puckmoving game. A lot of his assists are from straight up passing to Shea Weber for that bomb. His offensive game isn't the greatest.

Yes, Erik Karlsson's an elite offensive defenseman. Matt Carle is a solid one, but we all ready have equal and greater offensive talent. Ian White is around his area, then Kyle Quincey and Niklas Kronwall are superior. Brendan Smith will also be a stud, and thrives offensively.

Matt Carle's pointless. He'll want around 5M a year, long-term, which will delay the process of Brendan Smith. I'd rather have Justin Schultz.

vCash
    I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why most Philly fans want Carle to leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I'm pretty sure there's a good reason why most Philly fans want Carle to leave.
    Exactly. You'll see their comments and it makes you wonder why he's #2 on most lists, when we need a Brad Stuart type defenseman (nobody besides Suter in this free agency has his defensive game).

Jason Garrison is going to cost a lot. Justin Schultz is rumored out West (Edmonton, Vancouver).

vCash
    Wideman then? Cost alot though, but if Huds and Homer are on the way out, could be viable. We have plenty of forwards waiting for a spot.

I didn't realize Carle was so hated on. I now see the error of my ways.

vCash
    Wideman is only good if you want offense.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Wideman is only good if you want offense.
    Lol I give up. I'm pretty much sick of the speculation anyhow. Who ever we get is who we get. According to you guys, Suter is the only option and anyone else is a bust. I'm outta these threads til July 1st.
    Getting redundant as hell.

vCash
    Lol I give up. I'm pretty much sick of the speculation anyhow. Who ever we get is who we get. According to you guys, Suter is the only option and anyone else is a bust. I'm outta these threads til July 1st.
    Getting redundant as hell.
    Sorry lol I would've written out a much longer response but I was on the phone. We just lost Lidstrom. We need a number #1 dman and Suter is the only free agent that is one. I really think Holland's gonna go all out on him.

vCash
    Sorry lol I would've written out a much longer response but I was on the phone. We just lost Lidstrom. We need a number #1 dman and Suter is the only free agent that is one. I really think Holland's gonna go all out on him.
    Dammit you dragged me back in, lol. I have a bad feeling that Suter might not even leave NASH anyhow. So our options are pretty bleak if he does re-up, as far as #1 d-men go. I just wanna get to September. Wings already have the preseason Sked out. Crazyness.

vCash
    We could pursue a big name dman through trade. That hasn't been talked about much lately. Although everybody here seems to love Bogosian for some reason.

vCash
    I've got Ryan Suter leaving for sure. Nashville has some interesting prospects on the backend (Blum, Ellis) so they should be fine.

We need a defensive defenseman for sure. We should be going heavily at Ryan Suter (obviously), Barrett Jackman, and Jason Garrison. That should be our #1 gameplan.

vCash
    We could pursue a big name dman through trade. That hasn't been talked about much lately. Although everybody here seems to love Bogosian for some reason.
    Zach Bogosian was so bad this season through the first 55 games. He was much better after that, but he struggled. He really hasn't done much in the NHL.

Crazy here, but I wonder the price on Luke Schenn.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast