Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    If I remember correctly only white would be a right handed shot. I would like

Suter-White
    Kronwall- Q (or right handed FA)
    Big E- Smith
    Kindl

If E messes up switch him and Q, like you said Wing, but otherwise I like that lineup. Also hits are probably the most subjective stat in all of hockey so I would shy away from saying Stuarts hits are a big loss, Suter will easily replace that.

vCash
    Pidg is right. Ericsson and Kronwall are both lefties and Ericsson in the top 4 without Lidstrom scares me. For some reason I thought Suter was playing on the right side in Nashville but he wasn't so that might not work. I think I'd have to go with Pidg's line-up now. .
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    You guys are right. I was thinking E was a rightie because Lidstrom wanted a right-handed shot, when they changed White and E. I just figured E was a rightie.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Pidg is right. Ericsson and Kronwall are both lefties and Ericsson in the top 4 without Lidstrom scares me. For some reason I thought Suter was playing on the right side in Nashville but he wasn't so that might not work. I think I'd have to go with Pidg's line-up now. .
    Weber is a righty. It seems like Suter might wanna get out of Weber's shadow and establish himself on another team, but I may be wrong.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westhockeytown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    Weber is a righty. It seems like Suter might wanna get out of Weber's shadow and establish himself on another team, but I may be wrong.
    I sure hope he does. Honestly I don't see the wings as a playoff team without Suter. Kronwall, White, Quincey, Ericsson, Smith, Kindl is a mediocre at best defense.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    I think thats exactly what Suter wants. He wants to show he is a number 1 D too and can lead a team's blue line. I think With Suter our D is above average, but not at the great/exceeds level it was at with Lidstrom. Kronwall will have to step his game up, and I believe he will. White will have to show that last season wasnt just because he was with Lidstrom for the first half. Smith is going to have to prove that he really is who he can be, a solid top 4 who can quarterback the powerplay. If those things happen we are going to be fine.

vCash
    Should the Wings purse Justin Shultz and guarantee him a roster spot to get him? Do you think the Wings will pay 7 mil for Suter if he is available?
    Yes and Yes

vCash
    If Suter doesnt come here we should go hard after Carle and Jason Garrison to help shore up the back line.

I know this is probably out there, but I wouldnt mind seeing us take a flyer on Cheechoo coming out of the minors. I dont know what happened to him in Ottawa but it seems likes hes regained his scoring touch down in the minors and Im sure it would be a cheap low risk move.

IamDanGill on twitter.

vCash
    I think will go after 2 D men, no matter what.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I think will go after 2 D men, no matter what.
    Why do we need to add two defensemen if we sign Suter? Suter, Kronwall, Quincey, and White are all top 4 dmen. Ericsson and Smith should be a fine third pairing with Kindl rotating in. If we add two dmen who comes out? Ericsson is being payed a lot, he won't. Smith is ready and should be a regular now. Unless it's some veteran depth dmen I don't see the need to add two defensemen if we sign Suter.

vCash
    Remember during the season when Howard was often getting shelled, but kept us in games. The comments were he wasn't getting enough help. Signing which one player gives him that help? Suter? A replacement for Lidstrom. Quincey is the replacement for Stuart (?). Did we upgrade on defense? If not, do we need to, how do we, especially if we don't get Suter?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    Remember during the season when Howard was often getting shelled, but kept us in games. The comments were he wasn't getting enough help. Signing which one player gives him that help? Suter? A replacement for Lidstrom. Quincey is the replacement for Stuart (?). Did we upgrade on defense? If not, do we need to, how do we, especially if we don't get Suter?
    On paper we had a great defense last year. I don't know why it hasnt been as good as it should be honestly. Special teams have been disappointing as well.

vCash
    It truly was our bottom 2 Dmen that cost us alot of games. E and Kindl gave away more pucks than "free puck night" at the Joe. Why do you think E was put on Lids line? We've all been saying it for years now. E just isn't worth the $$$. Would like to see an upgrade Trade E and get Carle.

vCash
    Matt Carle is so pointless.

Jonathan Ericsson really wasn't that bad this year. Jakub Kindl struggled after sitting out so much, and Niklas Kronwall and Ian White struggled on a lot of pinches, and were out of position so much. Why should we constantly blame Ericsson, but Kronny and White geta pass?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Matt Carle is so pointless.

Jonathan Ericsson really wasn't that bad this year. Jakub Kindl struggled after sitting out so much, and Niklas Kronwall and Ian White struggled on a lot of pinches, and were out of position so much. Why should we constantly blame Ericsson, but Kronny and White geta pass?
    It's true, Kronny and White did get held up, White especially. But they were also clutch players. E is not. Why is Carle pointless? He puts up good numbers, better than E.
    Last edited by westhockeytown; 06-15-2012 at 03:41 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast