Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I have to say no one, I'm fine with rolling the dice and see how the current D-men handle more responsibility. If things don't pan out, they can always trade later on to correct any issue that could arrive. But for me its time to let the kids play and see what happens from there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Jam Hammer View Post
    Karlsson is also like 16 years old, just put up 78 points, and is up for a Norris trophy. Those are handy negotiating chips.
    Laughed pretty hard when I read this lol. He is super young and an offensive puck moving D that almost ha a PPG season which hasn't happened in a long time for a D man. I think suter looks and thinks that's a pretty fair price for him who won't produce as much offensively but sure will defensively.

I sure bet Ottowa is glad those negotiations ended before tonight...You know the agent would have gotten more money if he would have known haha.
    Last edited by pidg88; 06-21-2012 at 12:18 AM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wingnut View Post
    I have to say no one, I'm fine with rolling the dice and see how the current D-men handle more responsibility. If things don't pan out, they can always trade later on to correct any issue that could arrive. But for me its time to let the kids play and see what happens from there.
    I don't see that happening. You've got Quincey, Smith, and Kindl on the D. None of those players have proven they can get the job done. There is no depth on the D. I think the Wings are in a lot worse postion than they were last year when they had to replace Rafalski. Who would they put in the line-up if a player on the D went down? Who would the Wings trade for another D man? Worse case scenario the Wings will probably pickup a rental.

A lot of people were complaining that Howard wasn't getting enough help during the season. Well, if you think Lidstrom and Stuart were the problems, then our problems are solved, if not...well

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    I don't see that happening. You've got Quincey, Smith, and Kindl on the D. None of those players have proven they can get the job done. There is no depth on the D. I think the Wings are in a lot worse postion than they were last year when they had to replace Rafalski. Who would they put in the line-up if a player on the D went down? Who would the Wings trade for another D man? Worse case scenario the Wings will probably pickup a rental.

A lot of people were complaining that Howard wasn't getting enough help during the season. Well, if you think Lidstrom and Stuart were the problems, then our problems are solved, if not...well
    Q has proven he can get the job done, the Wings wouldn't have traded a 1st round pick if they thought other wise. Smith will be just fine. Kindle, this is his last chance to prove himself.

Call ups, well that's a good point. I would have believe the Wings would have to take a better look at player's like

Lashoff
    OUELLET
    SPROUL

I agree our Depth on D is a little thin and a couple player's wouldn't hurt. But on that note the Wings will never know if the kids can handle the bigs if they don't play.
    As far as trading for D, the Wings have more than enough prospects to cover that area if need be.

vCash
    Wings are going to make a move on at least a top 4 D man. Suter will be priority #1 though. I think, to Suter, the appeal of being the #1 choice to take over Lids spot has to be the carrot on the stick for him and probably will be the reason he opts for DET. Who ever else happens to sign d-manwise will be a bonus IMO.

vCash
    Maybe the Wings will hit the defensive lottery jackpot and land Suter and Shultz. How much do some of you think the Wings are willing to spend on Suter? They have a lot of cap space, but next year White and Howard are UFAs and Smith and Kindl are RFAs, not to mention the 5 forwards.

The following is a link to a good article about Quincey, plus there is a similar article about Abdelkader.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/teams/detroit-red-wings

Wingnut - I agree the youngters need an opportunity to play, just not all at once. What I meant with Quincey about not being proven is he had a hard time adjusting to the Wings, plus turnovers and bad penalties. Hopefully, training cap will fix that.
    Last edited by Wingman; 06-22-2012 at 11:30 AM.

vCash
    Maybe the Wings will hit the defensive lottery jackpot and land Suter and Shultz. How much do some of you think the Wings are willing to spend on Suter? They have a lot of cap space, but next year White and Howard are UFAs and Smith and Kindl are RFAs, not to mention the 5 forwards.

The following is a link to a good article about Quincey, plus there is a similar article about Abdelkader.
    http://www.sbnation.com/nhl/teams/detroit-red-wings

Wingnut - I agree the youngters need an opportunity to play, just not all at once. What I meant with Quincey about not being proven is he had a hard time adjusting to the Wings, plus turnovers and bad penalties. Hopefully, training cap will fix that.
    Q should have no trouble adjusting seeing that he was brought up in the system. It's not like a lot of things have changed since he left.

vCash
    How much do some of you think the Wings are willing to spend on Suter?
    I'm not very good with hockey salaries but I'll throw a number out: 7 years, $50 mill

vCash
    Plan B - Keith Yandle is rumored to be on the market. How about a trade for Yandle and the rights for Doan? Yandle is signed for 4 more years at cap hit of 5.25 mil. Doan could be a short term replacement for Hudler - a definite upgrade.

vCash
    Honestly sounds like they are pretty confident this Swedish kid will be able to replace happy.

vCash
    add to the FA excitement, we need an assistant coach also...Bashill is going to coach the Griffins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DetWest54 View Post
    add to the FA excitement, we need an assistant coach also...Bashill is going to coach the Griffins
    Saw where Chelios doesn't want the job. No surprise there.

vCash
    Wideman was traded to and signed by the Flames. There are fewer and fewer choices out there.

vCash
    I really didn't want Wideman honestly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Well, if the Wings miss on Suter, don't be surprised to have someone like Kubina, Salvador, etc. in the lineup
    Last edited by Wingman; 06-27-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast