Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    vCash
    I could see why you would not be high on Bogosian, but lets cut the kid some slack. He has done pretty darn well on a **** team and had almost no time to actually develop was just thrown right to the NHL as a 18-19 y/o and he is only 22 now I believe. Not saying he is great, but would love to add him as a top 4 D man that could maybe develop into a solid #2 guy. Right handed shot, and can be nasty, plus WIN has a lot of D men that are quality.

Luke Schenn I would also snap up in a heartbeat if given the chance. Another young guy on a **** team not given a lot of time to develop. I dont think a trade is out of the question, but I just dont see Holland pulling the trigger for one of these guys. Actually I dont really see Holland pulling the trigger and trading at all.

I still dont think Carle is as awful as we are all making him out to be. Yes he is a puck mover etc but lets say (like last year with Wiz, Bieksa etc) we strike out on all of our top replacements we want (Suter, Jackman, Garrison, Allen) I think Carle would be a perfectly acceptable plan B to getting a shut down D man. But if its true he wants 5mil then no way haha, I am just saying I would rather have him then getting a lower tier player and having that lower tier FA and Kindl round out our top 6.

vCash
    It seems the concensus is Suter is plan A. I think plan B should be Jackman and either Garrison, or Wideman. Plan C could be one of the D's everyone is mentioning with a rental like Sami Salo, or Hal Gill. If the Wings were forced into plan B or C, they would have 8 defenseman.
    On the front end they are probably going to have to replace Hudler. Plan A Parise, Semin, etc. Plan B Parenteau (18g49a) replaces Hudler (have to get those points back). If the Wings got Parise (Semin, Doan) and Parenteau, they are front loaded.
    Now we have plan D - the Wings can trade to upgrade their D and/or their forwards because now there is trade bait.
    If Holland is going into free agency to make a big splash and is willing to spend 17-18 mil on free agents, then spend it whether you get Parise and Suter or not. You load up the roster and now you go shopping. Gives you tons of additional options.

vCash

Ryan Whitney

Always did remind me of a younger version of nick lidstrom

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bosoxfan420 View Post
    Always did remind me of a younger version of nick lidstrom
    I like Whitney but he's under contract with Edmonton for another year. Plus Edmonton doesn't have much on defense so I'd imagine his price would be extremely high.

It looks like Suter is going to be available on July 1st. Great news for us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trueblue2 View Post
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

EDIT: do not use tinder to tear up minors, you will go to jail.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings13 View Post
    I like Whitney but he's under contract with Edmonton for another year. Plus Edmonton doesn't have much on defense so I'd imagine his price would be extremely high.

It looks like Suter is going to be available on July 1st. Great news for us.
    And if Suter and Parise are friends, you know they are talking to each other. Which could be a good thing.

A quote from Poile - "With all due respect, if (Suter) were to go to another team hed be playing with someone else; not that somebody else is not good, but its not Shea Weber. How much is that worth? To me thats worth a lot.
    As someone else on this thread wrote, maybe he wants out of Weber's shadow. Maybe he wants to be the shining star for awhile and maybe he knows Weber is not going to be there next year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingman View Post
    And if Suter and Parise are friends, you know they are talking to each other. Which could be a good thing.

A quote from Poile - "With all due respect, if (Suter) were to go to another team hed be playing with someone else; not that somebody else is not good, but its not Shea Weber. How much is that worth? To me thats worth a lot.
    As someone else on this thread wrote, maybe he wants out of Weber's shadow. Maybe he wants to be the shining star for awhile and maybe he knows Weber is not going to be there next year.
    Agreed them being friends could be very good. Suter's offensive production won't be as good without Weber. However, I actually think Weber will be affected more. He wouldn't have a great defensive player playing with him anymore.
    And there's no shame in banging fat chicks. They're normally down to do anything and theyll build your confidence. Even Mike trout had to tear up the minors before he got called up to the show.

vCash
    Agreed them being friends could be very good. Suter's offensive production won't be as good without Weber. However, I actually think Weber will be affected more. He wouldn't have a great defensive player playing with him anymore.
    Kevin Klein is awesome defensively.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    Kevin Klein is awesome defensively.
    What if he's not playing with Klein? I think you understood my point.

vCash
    What if he's not playing with Klein? I think you understood my point.
    Sure. However, if Trotz feels Weber is struggling, he'll be with Klein for sure.

vCash
    Well the chances are looking a little better for Suter, as will all know by now he is going to hit the open market.
    Rumor has it that Poile would trade Suter's rights to the Wings, if the Wings would agree to take Tootoo and all of those damn whistles. (Ok, so I made that latter part up)
    Below is the link to some of the possible other FA options. In the Stuart part there is mention of O'Brien as an option. Why? I was in Nashville when Bert beat up O'Brien up, not once, but twice. It was hilarious. The Wings won and I managed to get out of there alive even with my lady friend talking smack. All in all , it was a good night. http://www.mlive.com/mobile/sports/redwings/
    Last edited by Wingman; 06-17-2012 at 05:13 PM.

vCash
    Well Jackman has agreed to a three year deal with the Blues.

vCash
    Well Jackman has agreed to a three year deal with the Blues.
    I thought Jackman might resign with the Blues. He made comments about being a Blue, always being a Blue, etc, plus his wife is from St. Louis. You have to respect a guy that is willing to show loyality to his team.

vCash
    I guess the Karlsson signing at $45.5 million for 7 years just set the minimum on Suter.

vCash
    yikes, 6.5/year for Karlsson, Suter's gotta see that go "hmmmm I prolly could get 8 easy"

vCash
    Karlsson is also like 16 years old, just put up 78 points, and is up for a Norris trophy. Those are handy negotiating chips.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast