Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

If the Wings don't get Suter, then who should they pursue

If Suter is not avaiable, who should the Wings pursue? Wideman, Jackman, a rental?
    Last edited by Wingman; 06-07-2012 at 12:22 PM. Reason: words

vCash
    Barrett Jackman I guess. Or, threaten everyone trying to sign Brad Stuart.

vCash
    Jackman

vCash
    I would have to go with Jackman. If we don't get Suter I really don't like the look of our defense though.
    Last edited by RedWings13; 06-07-2012 at 04:08 PM.
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    1) Jackman 2) Wideman 3) Carle 4) Garrison thats the order after Suter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    1) Jackman 2) Wideman 3) Carle 4) Garrison thats the order after Suter
    I like Jackman and based on the salary cap if we didn't get Suter we could possibly get 2 of the 4 you have listed, then we could use Kindl, Murray and the new 7th round pick as part of that Nash trade package we're putting together.
    Last edited by Wingman; 06-11-2012 at 12:34 AM. Reason: comment

vCash
    First personal jabs and now you have tried to bait me twice...sigh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pidg88 View Post
    First personal jabs and now you have tried to bait me twice...sigh
    Hmmmm Pot calling Kettle black...

vCash

If the Wings don't get Suter, then who should they pursue

I don't see how that was baiting at all..
    You need centerman that can play two ways and if they donít play two ways in the end, you canít win, because the guy you are counting on canít get himself on the right side of the puck enough. So sure he can score, he can score but his team loses every night, I didnít know that was the objective. I thought winning was the objective. So if you centers canít play down the middle, and canít play without the puck, you have no chance.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    Haha I never said the baiting didnt work!!! And how is him in every response to one of my posts now saying something about adding pieces to his stupid Nash idea not baiting to try and get me back into the that idea is stupid fight we were having...

Anyways back on topic, the more and more I think I want Garrison. I mean I would like to add him in the addition to Suter and lose Q. I think Q is much better then what we saw but that would just be too many bodies.

vCash
    Quincey's a RFA, and costed us a first rounder. He's certainly back. There is no ifs about that.

vCash
    Agreed I believe there is a 99% chance he returns. The only thing I dont want to happen this offseason really is that Smith has to spend another year in the AHL or him be a scratch. He needs his time and deserves it and is ready for it.

vCash
    Well, someone is gonna be scratched if we pick up two D-men. We are gonna need 2 more D-men. The more I think about losing Lids and Stu, the more worried I am about our blue line. If Big E was producing more and was the solid d-man he's supposed to be right now, I wouldn't be worried. But he could be a bigger liability this year, more so then other years cuz if he started f-ing up in the past, he was just put with Lids.

vCash
    Kronwall - Suter
    Quincey - White
    Ericsson - Smith
    Kindl

Looks pretty good to me. Quincey and White played well together near the end of the regular season this year.
    - Mike Babcock

vCash
    There is no replacing Lidstrom, but Suter is the best D man available. Losing Stuart the Wings' lost a physical presence (led the team in hits?) as well as a decent D, so they may pursue another D man, if they think Quincey, or Smith can't fill that void. I don't see Kronwall and Suter on the same line. I see Kronwall-Ericsson, Suter-White, Quincey-Smith (Kindl) that way the 1st two lines have a right and left hand shot on both lines, White has a big player playing beside him, and Kronwall can help cover for Ericsson. The Wings need to make sure Quincey, Smith, and Kindl get some Kronwalling lessons though.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast