Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    Says the man who signed Pujols very secretly

But no, we probably didn't make an offer.

vCash
    Source: Next Round Of Bids On Soler Due This Weekend

More General News
    ******'s MLB Team Rankings Through 6/8
    MLB To Test For HGH In Spring Training
    Matsui First To Play 10 Seasons In Japan, Majors
    Third Clemens Juror Excused
    General Archive
    RSS Feed | Twitter

General Links
    General Message Board
    Feedback or Suggestions
    Jun 08, 2012 5:17 PM EST

The representatives for Jorge Soler have said the next round of bids for the Cuban outfielder need to happen this weekend, according to sources.

Soler's agents, Barry Praver and Scott Shapiro, had given clubs a deadline of June 7 to submit sealed bids.

The Cubs, Yankees, Braves and Dodgers all have been aggressive in pursuit of the 19-year-old, according to reports.

why are the yanks and dodger in it and not ****en us?
    grrr

http://baseball.******.com/src_wiret..._this_weekend/

vCash
    How close is he to MLB ready? we do have a pretty full OF for a few years.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    You know, I disagree, with the season that CJ Cron is having I think he will break the top 100, he already is the #3 ranked 1B prospect after Rizzo and Singleton. Also, I think that Kaleb Cowert will be in the top 100 as well, and at the very least break into the top 10 3b. Like I said, we have some good infield prospects we just really lack pitching both starters and relievers. I guess we will see if Grichuk ever figures it out, he is only twenty. It's kind of unfortunate for him that he is tied to Mike Trouts hip.
    C.J. Cron has a 3.6% walk rate, which is just pathetic. He has one less walk this year than he had last year in about 100 more ABs.

Grichuk is young so you cant write him off but his walk rate just as bad (3.5%), the problem is he isnt even hitting for average or power like Cron is.

I agree Cowart being in the top 100 wouldnt surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by GA16Angels View Post
    I'd say the Angels farm system is as much of a joke as Vladd'ys vajayjay (sorry had to).
    So you're saying our minor league system is a huge joke?
    __________________________________._________

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by S.P. View Post
    How close is he to MLB ready? we do have a pretty full OF for a few years.
    I would say 1-3 years

vCash
    any updated on the bid?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdy#27 View Post
    C.J. Cron has a 3.6% walk rate, which is just pathetic. He has one less walk this year than he had last year in about 100 more ABs.

Grichuk is young so you cant write him off but his walk rate just as bad (3.5%), the problem is he isnt even hitting for average or power like Cron is.

I agree Cowart being in the top 100 wouldnt surprise me.

So you're saying our minor league system is a huge joke?
    While that's true, there are a lot of players at that level who don't walk a lot, I thinks its normal and while a little troublesome it isn't the worst thing in the world. Besides while he isn't walking he also isn't striking out very much either, I think it shows that he isn't a lost cause in terms of plate discipline. Go through the top 100 prospect list there are plenty of guys at and around his league who don't have great BB% if he is still having trouble with it in AAA then we should raise a red flag, but i do think he is pretty good. It's just a matter of finding him a place to play at the top!

Yeah I don't want to write off grichuck either but he isn't really helping himself.

vCash

vCash
    Well International free agency started today and the Angels havent done a damn thing.

13 of the top 20 prospects have signed, guys that still remain

5. SS/2B Wendell Rijo
    9. SS Richard Urena
    13. OF Luis Barrera
    14. OF Ronny Carvajal
    18. SS Tzu-Wei Lin
    19. LHP Jose Castillo
    20. 3B Juan Carlos Arias

vCash
    wish we got into it a bit

vCash
    @Alden_Gonzalez: Don't expect #Angels to be 2 active in int'l market. Told it's not a point of emphasis right now. If anything, focus is on "lower end" @Alden_Gonzalez: Meaning the 17- 18-year-old who can sign for a reasonable, 6-figure bonus; rather than the 7-figure guys. #Angels
    Can't say that I'm surprised but still disappointing

vCash
    Japanese pitching prospect Shohei Otani announced that he will pursue a career in MLB rather than turn professional in Japan, according to the Associated Press. The Red Sox, Rangers, and Dodgers have all sent representatives to Japan to meet with Otani recently and the Orioles are also said to have interest in the right-hander.

"I think I will start in the minor leagues but I want to challenge in the majors. It's been my dream since entering high school," said the 18-year-old.

Otani, who stands at 6'4" and weighs 190 pounds, has a strong fastball that has been clocked in the 99-100 mph range. If Otani signs with a major league club, he'll be the first potential top NPB draft pick to make the direct jump from high school in Japan to the U.S.

As a tall right-hander, many are quick to compare Otani to fellow Japanese pitcher Yu Darvish. Otani boasts a similarly live arm with a little bit more velocity and a lot less polish than Darvish showed in high school, writes Patrick Newman of NPB Tracker. In terms of build, Otani is slightly shorter than the 26-year-old hurler but is heavier than Darvish was at 18.
    Mark him down as someone the Angels won't sign

vCash
    @JesseSanchezMLB: Source: Yu Darvish was not part of the #Rangers group that met with Japanese teen pitching prospect Otani. Darvish returned home last week.

Of course the Rangers are interested

vCash
    @jimcallisBA: Believe he counts toward the 2012 $2.9 mil limits. @matttrueblood: Otani would be treated like all other IFA? With the budgets in place?

Teams can go over the 2.9M budget but then you have to pay fines

vCash
    If Texas or Oakland signs him, I'm going to be so pissed. I don't understand why we don't increase our international scouting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast