Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    vCash
    That Kawai Leonard out of bounds non-call, which seems to be the centerpiece of everybody's conspiracy theory, is just totally unconvincing.

Many players get smacked or swiped during the course of a game without a foul being called. Clearly, Leonard is surrounded by players, so how are the refs supposed to see the glancing contact? He then dribbles it off his foot or whatever out of bounds. How is that supposed to "prove" some big NBA conspiracy?

The Spurs coaches and players and the competent sportswriters spelled it out after game 5, which was that the Spurs simply could not score at a pace to keep up with OKC. That they had to resort to fouling them at one point, put them on the line and make them win it from there, is no argument.

I do understand that the Spurs were the big sentimental favorite and have great fans... but trust me, they had absolutely zero chance against this incredibly good OKC team, even when they were up 2-0 in the series.

The first two games of the series, San Antonio got a ridiculous number of calls in their favor, probably to "protect their homecourt advantage" or whatever, and also Durant and Westbrook were getting roughed up and were also missing a lot of shots they usually make.

Once those shots started falling, San Antonio was done, because they cannot match OKC offense for offense, no way, not even close.

In the two "key" games of the series, game 3 and game 5, San Antonio had the big edge in officiating.

In game 3, the potential "dagger" game that could have finished OKC and put them down 0-3, the Spurs shot 15 FTs compared to OKC's 17 FTs, however OKC took way more contact and was getting banged around and roughed up inside a lot, with very, very few calls going their way.

In game 5, the "pivotal" game of the series, ,San Antonio actually had a 31-23 FT advantage, despite, again, being the far more physical and aggressive team on defense, but still lost handily.

So, I'm not quite sure what San Antonio consipracy artists are hoping for here with this line. I'm a Laker fan, but it's obvious to me that OKC is an absolute beast, and we should all just enjoy the show and see what happens when they get in the ring with the Heat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSideRookie View Post
    While we are at it, hey everyone take a look at this:

http://youtu.be/fvkKdXLwt0U

It goes both ways.

The Thunder are the best at getting to the line and also converting. Look at what Manu and Tony did in the fourth of games 5 and 6, their run is over.
    So you're further proving the point that things are rigged in the league? Regardless of who's involved, the refs managed to make themselves the focal point of the game.

BTW, had Nash not flopped on the Horry hit, no one gets suspended and maybe things are different.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sssmush View Post
    Durant is a BEAST, and Westbrook is almost Jordan-esque.

When will people realize this? Seeing Durant and Westbrook head-to-head with Lebron and Wade will give people some perspective, because I guess Kobe and Duncan don't get any respect these days.
    whooop..there went all your credibility...just that fast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Heatcheck View Post
    whooop..there went all your credibility...just that fast
    Seriously man, just wait till Westbrook drops like 24 points in row on the Heat in like 10 minutes on 12-12 shooting.

I mean, ok, Jordan-esque is an exaggeration, but this guy is simply incredible. Fantastic. Even as he's carving up the Lakers, I just had to stop and say "wow", like this guy is really, really good. And Durant is so accurate, so clutch, that it's infuriating.

Like one second left, you are up two points, Durant catches the ball 28 feet from the hoop... just go home, you just lost. Automatic.

You'll see what it's like in like two days man.

Btw, D-Wade was extremely impressive in game 7 versus Boston. That guy never ceases to amaze me. Still underrated I'd say. And now that the Heat have gone to two Finals from the East in a row, we can start to see where all the whining and complaining about "the Decision" came from.

vCash
    An exact quote from an article on NBA.com. I mean seriously? LOL... How much more proof do folks need.

"From a fan's standpoint, these playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so. Everyone appreciates and embraces the old-school basketball championed by the great Spurs, and how they go about their business, and even the gruff Gregg Popovich has charm. They get and deserve our respect. But when the Spurs reach the Finals, as history proves, the ratings for June baseball games suddenly soar."

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Hell look at the Pacquiao fight. It's happening in all sports now. All about the money. Ironically, the recent events in the NBA happened 10 years to date from the Sacramento Kings- LA Lakers fiasco.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    An exact quote from an article on NBA.com. I mean seriously? LOL... How much more proof do folks need.

"From a fan's standpoint, these playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so. Everyone appreciates and embraces the old-school basketball championed by the great Spurs, and how they go about their business, and even the gruff Gregg Popovich has charm. They get and deserve our respect. But when the Spurs reach the Finals, as history proves, the ratings for June baseball games suddenly soar."

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

Hell look at the Pacquiao fight. It's happening in all sports now. All about the money. Ironically, the recent events in the NBA happened 10 years to date from the Sacramento Kings- LA Lakers fiasco.
    OKC is better than the Spurs right now. Just deal with it.

Spurs overachieved in a short season, and finished on a super-hot run to get the HCA through the playoffs.

But, on paper, OKC is way, way more stacked than the Spurs, and the presence of Durant and Westbrook alone put them on another level.

Also, OKC just beat the Spurs 4 games in a row, including both games 5 and 6, and if it was all about ratings, one of those games should've gone to San Antonio in order to setup the big game 7. But OKC won anyway.

OKC looked AWESOME in those 4 games, and seriously, I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that they think the Spurs are better this year.

vCash
    Seriously man, just wait till Westbrook drops like 24 points in row on the Heat in like 10 minutes on 12-12 shooting.
    I mean, ok, Jordan-esque is an exaggeration, but this guy is simply incredible. Fantastic. Even as he's carving up the Lakers, I just had to stop and say "wow", like this guy is really, really good. And Durant is so accurate, so clutch, that it's infuriating.

Like one second left, you are up two points, Durant catches the ball 28 feet from the hoop... just go home, you just lost. Automatic.

You'll see what it's like in like two days man.

Btw, D-Wade was extremely impressive in game 7 versus Boston. That guy never ceases to amaze me. Still underrated I'd say. And now that the Heat have gone to two Finals from the East in a row, we can start to see where all the whining and complaining about "the Decision" came from.
    See that he shoots 30-something percent against the Big 3, in the 4 games they have played the past 2 years. I think the bolded is completely wishful thinking. I want Westbrick chucking like he so frequently does. While he is doing that KD will not have the ball in his hand and the HEAT lead will just be expanding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownBears22 View Post
    See that he shoots 30-something percent against the Big 3, in the 4 games they have played the past 2 years. I think the bolded is completely wishful thinking. I want Westbrick chucking like he so frequently does. While he is doing that KD will not have the ball in his hand and the HEAT lead will just be expanding.
    yo man, the Heat are a super cool team, I like them. And as I said I am a Laker fan.

it will be interesting to see how this Finals series plays out. I can't believe people are saying Westbrook isn't that great, because I am telling you that he is every inch the player Wade is, and in fact maybe a bit better. And Durant isn't just some tall guy... he is maybe the best shooter, and the best clutch shooter, I don't know, maybe ever. Like better than Bird, Ray Allen, etc. Like, A BEAST. Durant is a friggin' monster.

I really don't know what this series will look like. The fact that Miami struggled somewhat in the East playoffs makes me skeptical... although they were missing Bosh.

OKC just demolished the Lakers and the Spurs, both of which would've beaten Boston fairly handily in a 7 game series, imo. So we'll just have to see how it plays out. Miami probably has to score 100 pts a game to win I'd say, so we'll just see what kind of clutch shooting Lebron and Wade can come up with, because OKC also has Perkins and Ibaka on the inside on defense.

Eager to see this series...

vCash
    OKC is better than the Spurs right now. Just deal with it.

Spurs overachieved in a short season, and finished on a super-hot run to get the HCA through the playoffs.

But, on paper, OKC is way, way more stacked than the Spurs, and the presence of Durant and Westbrook alone put them on another level.

Also, OKC just beat the Spurs 4 games in a row, including both games 5 and 6, and if it was all about ratings, one of those games should've gone to San Antonio in order to setup the big game 7. But OKC won anyway.

OKC looked AWESOME in those 4 games, and seriously, I don't see how anybody can say with a straight face that they think the Spurs are better this year.
    That's just it. If they won without all the controversy I'd be able to accept it. If they're so much better, than they didn't need as much help as they got in Game 6. Sure SA blew Game 5, but they had a chance to bring it to Game 7 and it was literally taken from them.

You can't be that naive to not see there was some motive there from the officiating crew. More ratings in the finals, means more money for everyone.

I'm not a guy who has ever blamed the refs for a loss. The last time I did was in 08 when who else but Joey Crawford did not call an obvious foul for Brent Barry in the 08 WCF. This is not his first time around, and after his personal dispute with Tim Duncan, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why he's allowed to ref Spurs games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kdspurman View Post
    That's just it. If they won without all the controversy I'd be able to accept it. If they're so much better, than they didn't need as much help as they got in Game 6. Sure SA blew Game 5, but they had a chance to bring it to Game 7 and it was literally taken from them.

You can't be that naive to not see there was some motive there from the officiating crew. More ratings in the finals, means more money for everyone.

I'm not a guy who has ever blamed the refs for a loss. The last time I did was in 08 when who else but Joey Crawford did not call an obvious foul for Brent Barry in the 08 WCF. This is not his first time around, and after his personal dispute with Tim Duncan, I still cannot for the life of me figure out why he's allowed to ref Spurs games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWiw60NusOY
    Well I agree with you about Joey Crawford. Donaghy paints a horrible picture of that guy, and in general any referee who is famous enough that you know their name should just be fired. Period. We don't need famous or high profile referees on top of all the other nonsense, that is just ridiculous.

All I will say is that San Antonio had a big (+50%) FT edge in game 5, despite being the far more physical team on defense. Game 6, San Antonio was clearly trying to play physically and disrupt OKC. If we're honest, we can probably pick out 10 or 20 fouls that could've been called that actually weren't. Game 3, again, I felt that SA had the advantage in terms of refereeing, as the FTs were equal and very low in number, but again with the Spurs trying to play very physically on defense against a much taller and more athletic team.

I understand it sucks, however I definitely feel that the league was perfectly prepared to have San Antonio (or Boston, or both) go to the Finals this year, and in fact the refereeing definitely helped put those teams right on the very brink of the Finals multiple times, and I also feel that the Heat and OKC got there fair and square.

Overall the NBA reffing has improved somewhat, imo. For a while it had been getting truly bad, past couple years it's been getting a lot more objective I think.

vCash
    Well I agree with you about Joey Crawford. Donaghy paints a horrible picture of that guy, and in general any referee who is famous enough that you know their name should just be fired. Period. We don't need famous or high profile referees on top of all the other nonsense, that is just ridiculous.

All I will say is that San Antonio had a big (+50%) FT edge in game 5, despite being the far more physical team on defense. Game 6, San Antonio was clearly trying to play physically and disrupt OKC. If we're honest, we can probably pick out 10 or 20 fouls that could've been called that actually weren't. Game 3, again, I felt that SA had the advantage in terms of refereeing, as the FTs were equal and very low in number, but again with the Spurs trying to play very physically on defense against a much taller and more athletic team.

I understand it sucks, however I definitely feel that the league was perfectly prepared to have San Antonio (or Boston, or both) go to the Finals this year, and in fact the refereeing definitely helped put those teams right on the very brink of the Finals multiple times, and I also feel that the Heat and OKC got there fair and square.

Overall the NBA reffing has improved somewhat, imo. For a while it had been getting truly bad, past couple years it's been getting a lot more objective I think.
    Agreed.

I think they need to do an overhaul of the officiating staff sooner than later. No reason why teams should look at an officiating staff and think their team is at a disadvantage based on who's officiating.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314