Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    I see there's no point in discussing this with you or probably anything else as you seem to "know" everything. In spite of his story and despite his statement that his words were taken out of context, you know better. Whatever you say, pal. Believe what you want. I won't fall for your slanted view to push your agenda. You're no better than the media.
    His point was that people were taking advantage of the disability issue. Sorry that was lost on you.
    I have never claimed to be smarter than anyone. I gave you his exact quote, how did I take it out of context?

His point was one that is unfounded and offensive to many people.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I have never claimed to be smarter than anyone. I gave you his exact quote, how did I take it out of context?

No, you proceeded to explain what it meant. To you. He says different. I'll listen to him. Not you.

I didn't say you were smarter than anyone either. I said that you seem to "know" everything. In spite of his claims, you "know" what he meant. You probably can't see the difference. No matter.

Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    vCash

Ill say it.. you're smarter than most folks. oh here at the least.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

vCash
    The talk of Rice is interesting... A moderate is the only way for him to win.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    Ill say it.. you're smarter than most folks. oh here at the least.
    I was lost when the guy's name was brought up.

But then again, I am this forum's Mongo.

vCash
    Rick Santorum, without a doubt.
    "I'm an administrator. I'm a good listener. I would not pass myself off as an evaluator of talent"

- Brian Cashman, GM of the Yankees

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    The talk of Rice is interesting... A moderate is the only way for him to win.
    Romney's moderate. He may need to align with a conservative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    Romney's moderate. He may need to align with a conservative.
    Romney WAS moderate when he needed to be in Mass, 10 years ago.

he went hard right campaigning for president. If you want to say he wasn't as far right as Santorum, sure, but Santorum is right off the scale.
    His perception in the center is that he is to the right. Not center. Like I said in the other forum about this... got my fingers crossed that he goes hard right, it will only make it easier to take the center.
    Last edited by flips333; 07-16-2012 at 07:37 PM.

vCash
    Pam Bondi is an interesting choice. She would give Romney huge bona fides in the Tea Party.

http://www.businessinsider.com/romne...general-2012-7

vCash
    Pam Bondi is an interesting choice. She would give Romney huge bona fides in the Tea Party.

http://www.businessinsider.com/romne...general-2012-7
    That would be a disaster pick. Romney isn't going to go that risky with his pick. Nothing about the guy says risky. He doesn't really need to go risky to win, either.

vCash
    I have my few choices, but whom ever he chooses, the VP selection really needs to be a strong candidate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    That would be a disaster pick. Romney isn't going to go that risky with his pick. Nothing about the guy says risky. He doesn't really need to go risky to win, either.
    I don't know about disaster, it could be, but it certainly would be interesting. I would like to see him reach across the aisle and pick a center-left individual, but that would never happen.

But I do think he should rock the boat with his pick. Not someone Sarah Palin-esque, but certainly someone who can grab attention and hold it down.

vCash
    I don't know about disaster, it could be, but it certainly would be interesting. I would like to see him reach across the aisle and pick a center-left individual, but that would never happen.

But I do think he should rock the boat with his pick. Not someone Sarah Palin-esque, but certainly someone who can grab attention and hold it down.
    This is someone who has barely any political experience. I can assure you, it would be bad. She's someone who he will keep close to his campaign, maybe she could possibly be his AG or SG if he wins.

I don't. He doesn't need to. Obama's record speaks for itself. People him consider him a stiff, but he's a stiff that could lead to an uptick in jobs, which is what he needs to sell over and over. There's no need to derail his campaign with a risky, Palin-esque choice. I think the closest he'll come to rocking the boat is Rubio. I think Pawlenty, Portman, and Jindal are all more likely choices, though.

vCash
    This is someone who has barely any political experience. I can assure you, it would be bad. She's someone who he will keep close to his campaign, maybe she could possibly be his AG or SG if he wins.

I don't. He doesn't need to. Obama's record speaks for itself. People him consider him a stiff, but he's a stiff that could lead to an uptick in jobs, which is what he needs to sell over and over. There's no need to derail his campaign with a risky, Palin-esque choice. I think the closest he'll come to rocking the boat is Rubio. I think Pawlenty, Portman, and Jindal are all more likely choices, though.
    Maybe, but certainly political inexperience is not a disqualifier, in fact it would feed into Romney's narrative.

I think the view that people will think Obama's record is grounds for a new president is a dangerous game. There is a substantive portion of the country that will vote for Obama regardless of what he does, there is a portion of the country that thinks that Obama's desired policies would have fixed the country by now but he was blocked, and there is another portion of the country that is distrustful of Romney and/or what they view as his agenda. These three portions put together plus any stragglers that don't quite fix into the groups I outlined can easily add up to 50+% of the electorate. The notion that the entire country is fed up with Obama and ready to give Romney a shot is unfounded in my view.

vCash

Not a criticism but how would Rubio rock the boat? Guy seems pretty grounded to me, not hard right and well spoken.

And young.........
    " I have only three rules, be on time, pay attention, and play like hell on Sunday"

-John Madden

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast