Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 85
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,109
    vCash
    1500
    It'll be Rubio or Daniels, those are my best guesses right now.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,625
    vCash
    1500
    Given the size of donations....how about Lloyd Blankfein?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,134
    vCash
    1500
    I'll do it. I'd have a blast with that ****.

    I'm thinking its going to be Rubio for reasons already mentioned. If its Santorum, I'll vote for the ****ing easter bunny.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,450
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsfan56 View Post
    I'll do it. I'd have a blast with that ****.

    I'm thinking its going to be Rubio for reasons already mentioned. If its Santorum, I'll vote for the ****ing easter bunny.
    That socialist fraud! I hear he gives out chocolate to everyone!
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    14,843
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    nice list, so who is it going to be?

    Between the 14 names I listed off I think it will most likely be Rubio, Rand Paul, Portman, or Haley in that order.

    Romney needs to get a minority of some kind whether it's latinos or women or Ron Paul people it doesn't matter... the GOP is the party of old white folks and outside of the Ron Paul element there really isn't anything outside of that old guard.

    Unfortunately for them the old white guard doesn't win elections anymore. The Tea Party is what carried the GOP in 2010 and that was a spawn of the Ron Paul Revolution in 2008 (don't believe me? The tea party was started as a Ron Paul moneybomb on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party with Ron himself participating in the throwing boxes which were labeled "taxes" "war" etc off of the Boston Harbor). The old guard hasn't won the GOP anything since 2004.

    Rubio is the favorite because of his ethic background and the state he comes from.

    Rand Paul is the darkhorse because like I said above the delegates are the ones who actually pick the VP and if Ron Paul does go into the convention with an army of delegates they may be forced to pick Rand even if they don't want to, and like I said above I like Jim DeMint as another darkhorse if this ends up being the case. Plus, even if they aren't forced to go with Rand, picking him could get a lot of the Ron Paul People into the fold and he would set up nicely in 2020 if Romney had 8 years in the White House.

    Portman is from the most important state, Ohio. Which is why I think he's got a solid shot.

    Haley is a more well versed version of Palin and Bachmann and unlike the other 2 is actually likable among Indy voters. I could see her being picked as well.

    If I had to bet i'd say Rubio, but again, Romney isn't the one who actually picks. He needs to make sure he actually has the delegates under control which at this point I still find incredibly unlikely.

    The truth is it doesn't matter who they pick because Romney cannot beat Obama.
    Last edited by whitesoxfan83; 06-07-2012 at 11:35 AM.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That socialist fraud! I hear he gives out chocolate to everyone!


    http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2...8v1o1_1280.jpg

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    The Portman we're talking about is Natalie, yes?

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,625
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry Norwegian View Post
    The Portman we're talking about is Natalie, yes?
    Portman-Kunis '12

    ...because America needs more of that

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,197
    vCash
    7100
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    Between the 14 names I listed off I think it will most likely be Rubio, Rand Paul, Portman, or Haley in that order.

    Romney needs to get a minority of some kind whether it's latinos or women or Ron Paul people it doesn't matter... the GOP is the party of old white folks and outside of the Ron Paul element there really isn't anything outside of that old guard.

    Unfortunately for them the old white guard doesn't win elections anymore. The Tea Party is what carried the GOP in 2010 and that was a spawn of the Ron Paul Revolution in 2008 (don't believe me? The tea party was started as a Ron Paul moneybomb on the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party with Ron himself participating in the throwing boxes which were labeled "taxes" "war" etc off of the Boston Harbor). The old guard hasn't won the GOP anything since 2004.

    Rubio is the favorite because of his ethic background and the state he comes from.

    Rand Paul is the darkhorse because like I said above the delegates are the ones who actually pick the VP and if Ron Paul does go into the convention with an army of delegates they may be forced to pick Rand even if they don't want to, and like I said above I like Jim DeMint as another darkhorse if this ends up being the case. Plus, even if they aren't forced to go with Rand, picking him could get a lot of the Ron Paul People into the fold and he would set up nicely in 2020 if Romney had 8 years in the White House.

    Portman is from the most important state, Ohio. Which is why I think he's got a solid shot.

    Haley is a more well versed version of Palin and Bachmann and unlike the other 2 is actually likable among Indy voters. I could see her being picked as well.

    If I had to bet i'd say Rubio, but again, Romney isn't the one who actually picks. He needs to make sure he actually has the delegates under control which at this point I still find incredibly unlikely.

    The truth is it doesn't matter who they pick because Romney cannot beat Obama.
    Haley would be a poor choice. She can barely handle her own state right now. She isn't a complete buffoon like Palin or Bachmann, but she would add nothing to a Romney ticket overall. She's also smug as hell, and has accusations of an affair with a blogger/adviser from her gubernatorial campaign days (although I think that guy was just looking for publicity, it could still pop back up).
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,368
    vCash
    2262
    Politics being politics it will be Rubio, for no other reason but his skin color.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,109
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Given the size of donations....how about Lloyd Blankfein?
    I thought this was a Romney VP thread, not an Obama VP thread.

    http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/co...?cid=N00009638

    #2: Goldman Sachs

    Facts are a funny thing, aren't they?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Louisville, Colorado
    Posts
    23,109
    vCash
    1500
    Both Obama and Romney have gotten significant contributions from Goldman Sachs, so I don't get your point, that's all I'm saying.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,450
    vCash
    1500
    Alberto Gonzales (I think he has an s at the end of his name and not a z), points out rightfully that simply being Hispanic does not make you qualified to be VP, which is the same thing as saying someone is qualified to be president.

    What has Rubio done exactly to earn contention for the VP spot? As I said before, good person and maybe even a good representative of his constituents in Florida, but I just don't see anything that says he is qualified to be the president.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,446
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Alberto Gonzales (I think he has an s at the end of his name and not a z), points out rightfully that simply being Hispanic does not make you qualified to be VP, which is the same thing as saying someone is qualified to be president.

    What has Rubio done exactly to earn contention for the VP spot? As I said before, good person and maybe even a good representative of his constituents in Florida, but I just don't see anything that says he is qualified to be the president.
    There have been lots of guys that didn't look qualified and turned out fine.

    If Rubio can effect the Florida vote positively, that would be an excellent reason to choose him. Probably the oldest reason of all.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,450
    vCash
    1500
    All the reports I have seen state that VP picks don't actually bring a state on board. Look at Portmann as a case study. The difference with him and Biden added to the polling is nothing. Obama won Ohio in a questionnaire whether Portmann was on the ticket or it was straight between Romney and Obama. The change was one percent and had no effect on the outcome at all.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •