Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 85
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjazzno12fan View Post
    Gore didn't even win Tennessee in the presidential race in 2000.
    That was my point, the whole picking a VP to win a state makes no sense.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,461
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    That was my point, the whole picking a VP to win a state makes no sense.
    i'll try again. The idea of picking a guy from a swing state is to help you win the state. doesn't always work, but it is a valid reason.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    i'll try again. The idea of picking a guy from a swing state is to help you win the state. doesn't always work, but it is a valid reason.
    But if it isn't truly useful, is it a valid reason? Reasons based on faulty logic can't be valid.

    http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes...-state-effect/
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    43,277
    vCash
    7100
    Tim Pawlenty's stock is rising every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the pick.
    On Cam Newton:

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    So it's official.

    This jerk off is going to be the first QB taken in the first round (or maybe the first 5) in the modern era to throw less than 300 passes at DI level. and he might go #1 overall.


    hahahahahahahahahahahaha

    Nfl scouting is a joke.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,699
    vCash
    1500
    If he picked Michelle Obama, I think he'd have it locked up.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    14,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Tim Pawlenty's stock is rising every day. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being the pick.
    I would have put him in my original list but he said weeks ago he has absolutely no interest.

    He's just Romney's Minnesota *****.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    How about Allen West? I keep seeing mention of him however no vetting of him known.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    How about Allen West? I keep seeing mention of him however no vetting of him known.
    Hopefully Mitt Romney has more sense than to nominate him as the VP. Allen West is everything that is wrong with our country and politics. He is a stain on our military and civil discourse. Anyone who would consider voting for him should read up on why he isn't in the military any more. Also he goes around comparing everything to slavery and gets away with it because he is conservative and black. I have no problem with a black person being conservative, in fact if I'm not mistaken SportsAndrew fits this description. But he doesn't go around ranting and raving how everything under the sun is akin to slavery. I disagree with SportsAndrew, but I'm not stunned at every word that comes out of his mouth and don't have to make sure I don't create an indentation in my forehead from all the facepalming when he speaks.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Hopefully Mitt Romney has more sense than to nominate him as the VP. Allen West is everything that is wrong with our country and politics. He is a stain on our military and civil discourse. Anyone who would consider voting for him should read up on why he isn't in the military any more. Also he goes around comparing everything to slavery and gets away with it because he is conservative and black. I have no problem with a black person being conservative, in fact if I'm not mistaken SportsAndrew fits this description. But he doesn't go around ranting and raving how everything under the sun is akin to slavery. I disagree with SportsAndrew, but I'm not stunned at every word that comes out of his mouth and don't have to make sure I don't create an indentation in my forehead from all the facepalming when he speaks.
    He got an article 15 for doing what he thought was the right thing at the time. It could be detrimental and Romney might stay away from him for that. Civil discourse? Representing everything wrong with our country? Very dramatic. You can choose to believe that.

    As for his social security statement, this was taken out of context. See his rebuttal on that - another media fabrication. Go ahead - google it. Typical liberal media fabrication...the left absolutely fear him. That's obvious.

    And he's not "known" for comparing "everything" to slavery. You're dead wrong on this. Not his style if you've indeed read about him. He is not in any way a slavery puppet. He is the only Republican member to have joined the Congressional Black Caucus in 2010 to "shake up the CBC's "monolithic" ideology and indicated the caucus promoted a culture of victimization among its black constituents." Not the actions (nor are there any previous) of a slavery mongerer.
    I'm sorry, but I don't know this SportAndrew you're referring to.

    He has also been a Tea Party star with a lot of recent support including Sarah Palin who is calling for Romney to select him in exchange for her support.

    He has some appeal but obviously that blemish (and it is one) could be a show-stopper. I'd personally caution anyone going after his decorated military record because he has a lot to stand on. He was a decorated LTC batallion commander.
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-11-2012 at 09:37 AM.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    indianpolis - north side
    Posts
    9,461
    vCash
    1500
    I don't see the upside to selecting west as a GOP VP, but he is on my list of guys I would like to see. He come across as more 'nut-job' that 'statesman' to me, but since I disagree with most of what he says, it could just be me.

    But impressions are important. Coming across as a 'not ready for prime time' player does nothing to help the GOP. They already have too many loose cannons as it is. Romney needs a serious guy, IMO. and West isn't that guy. All the Tea Party types are going to vote for Romney anyway. Courting the Sarah Palin vote crowd is wasting time and energy. Those voters have no one else to vote for. Pandering to them is wasting effort that can better be given to getting independent votes.

    fwiw, I don't think this is a serious consideration by the Romney campaign. This is naming all the guys you don't really want so no one gets butt hurt by not being considered. Look for Romney to do the smart political thing and pick an 'old white guy' that will make a good president if he gets hit by a bus.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyFan View Post
    I don't see the upside to selecting west as a GOP VP, but he is on my list of guys I would like to see. He come across as more 'nut-job' that 'statesman' to me, but since I disagree with most of what he says, it could just be me.

    But impressions are important. Coming across as a 'not ready for prime time' player does nothing to help the GOP. They already have too many loose cannons as it is. Romney needs a serious guy, IMO. and West isn't that guy. All the Tea Party types are going to vote for Romney anyway. Courting the Sarah Palin vote crowd is wasting time and energy. Those voters have no one else to vote for. Pandering to them is wasting effort that can better be given to getting independent votes.

    fwiw, I don't think this is a serious consideration by the Romney campaign. This is naming all the guys you don't really want so no one gets butt hurt by not being considered. Look for Romney to do the smart political thing and pick an 'old white guy' that will make a good president if he gets hit by a bus.
    Although I certainly disagree with your statement pertaining to West's upside, I think you raise a good point in that West is a risky move. If the race weren't so close, it might make sense but I have to believe Romney will play it safer and go with the guys typically mentioned...Ryan, Pawlenty or Rubio to better keep the attention on Obama which is what he wants..

    BTW, a good article fairly (from the Post!) summarizing West:

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...mL8S_blog.html
    Last edited by John X Doe; 07-11-2012 at 11:30 AM.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    65,627
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by John X Doe View Post
    He got an article 15 for doing what he thought was the right thing at the time. It could be detrimental and Romney might stay away from him for that. Civil discourse? Representing everything wrong with our country? Very dramatic. You can choose to believe that.

    As for his social security statement, this was taken out of context. See his rebuttal on that - another media fabrication. Go ahead - google it. Typical liberal media fabrication...the left absolutely fear him. That's obvious.

    And he's not "known" for comparing "everything" to slavery. You're dead wrong on this. Not his style if you've indeed read about him. He is not in any way a slavery puppet. He is the only Republican member to have joined the Congressional Black Caucus in 2010 to "shake up the CBC's "monolithic" ideology and indicated the caucus promoted a culture of victimization among its black constituents." Not the actions (nor are there any previous) of a slavery mongerer.
    I'm sorry, but I don't know this SportAndrew you're referring to.

    He has also been a Tea Party star with a lot of recent support including Sarah Palin who is calling for Romney to select him in exchange for her support.

    He has some appeal but obviously that blemish (and it is one) could be a show-stopper. I'd personally caution anyone going after his decorated military record because he has a lot to stand on. He was a decorated LTC batallion commander.
    Well then I would call into question his discussion making process if he thought firing a pistol near a detainees' head and having his men beat people was the right decision.

    As far as his contribution to political discourse, yes he is highly corrosive and has no desire to work with anyone other than likeminded people. He is no better than Nancy Pelosi or any other bomb throwers from the left.

    His social security statement, in full, reads:

    ""Since June of 2009 or so, we have seen 2.4 million private sector jobs created, but we've had 3.1 million people going on Social Security disability," said West, R-Palm Beach Gardens. "So once again, we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which, to me, is a form of modern 21st-century slavery.""

    He didn't get taken out of context, he compared it to slavery and gets away with it because he is black. This is a fact.

    His military title is irrelevant to me. Oliver North was also a LT Col but I have no more respect for him based on his actions.
    Member of the Owlluminati!

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Baltimore now, but born and raised on the south side of Chicago.
    Posts
    6,969
    vCash
    1500
    I think it should be palin.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrPoon
    man with hair like fire can destroy souls with a twitch of his thighs.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The Land Beyond the Wall, VT
    Posts
    7,141
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by flips333 View Post
    I think it should be palin.
    You would only be so lucky. She's the best thing to happen to democrats since Nixon.

    I'd prefer Sideshow Bob. Even he would understand the premise of line of sight and the curvature of the earth.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    The Abyss
    Posts
    4,295
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Well then I would call into question his discussion making process if he thought firing a pistol near a detainees' head and having his men beat people was the right decision.

    As far as his contribution to political discourse, yes he is highly corrosive and has no desire to work with anyone other than likeminded people. He is no better than Nancy Pelosi or any other bomb throwers from the left.

    His social security statement, in full, reads:

    ""Since June of 2009 or so, we have seen 2.4 million private sector jobs created, but we've had 3.1 million people going on Social Security disability," said West, R-Palm Beach Gardens. "So once again, we are creating the sense of economic dependence, which, to me, is a form of modern 21st-century slavery.""

    He didn't get taken out of context, he compared it to slavery and gets away with it because he is black. This is a fact.

    His military title is irrelevant to me. Oliver North was also a LT Col but I have no more respect for him based on his actions.
    I see there's no point in discussing this with you or probably anything else as you seem to "know" everything. In spite of his story and despite his statement that his words were taken out of context, you know better. Whatever you say, pal. Believe what you want. I won't fall for your slanted view to push your agenda. You're no better than the media.
    His point was that people were taking advantage of the disability issue. Sorry that was lost on you.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •