Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Not for nothing, but some of these pending deals could really effect whether they jump or not (ex Brees). I know TECHNICALLY player contracts aren't suppose to dictate the cap, but at some point if guys like Brees, Welker, Forte, etc. get paid what they're looking for, they're really going to have no other choice but accommodate teams in order to allow maximum talent.

vCash
    I am fine with our WR situation.

I am rooting for Randle to win the #3 WR job, but if it ends up being Hixon or anyone else...I feel confident that things will work out for us as long as Nicks and Cruz do their thing.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post
    I am fine with our WR situation.

I am rooting for Randle to win the #3 WR job, but if it ends up being Hixon or anyone else...I feel confident that things will work out for us as long as Nicks and Cruz do their thing.
    Blah at Hixon lol, I'm really hoping Randle, JJ or Barden can step up and show their talent. If Hixon is our #3 wr I'll be very worried, idk where this idea of him being good comes from.. He's not at all, and you can quote me on this, if Hixon is our #3 our passing yards and Tds will go down from last year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Blah at Hixon lol, I'm really hoping Randle, JJ or Barden can step up and show their talent. If Hixon is our #3 wr I'll be very worried, idk where this idea of him being good comes from.. He's not at all, and you can quote me on this, if Hixon is our #3 our passing yards and Tds will go down from last year.
    Dude, Eli had one of his best years ever last year (900 more passing yards than his best year before that & most TD's besides 2010-'11), so yeah, chances of that happening either way are pretty high.

I do agree with you that MM is a better receiver than Hixon, but you got to keep in mind 3 things:
    1. If we would have had cap space then still WR would not be the first spot in the team to upgrade. I'm more worried about our O-line than about our receiver corps.
    2. MM played for only 12 games last year and this year he can be replaced by ánd Hixon ánd Randle (and possibly Barden & Jernigan)
    3. TC loves him, and with 2 SB's in 4 years I have faith in TC's judgement. When he says 'good old Domenic, never makes a mistake' I have faith in this.

Therefore I would not say that we are less off with our receiving corps last year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Giants-NL-3 View Post
    Dude, Eli had one of his best years ever last year (900 more passing yards than his best year before that & most TD's besides 2010-'11), so yeah, chances of that happening either way are pretty high.

I do agree with you that MM is a better receiver than Hixon, but you got to keep in mind 3 things:
    1. If we would have had cap space then still WR would not be the first spot in the team to upgrade. I'm more worried about our O-line than about our receiver corps.
    2. MM played for only 12 games last year and this year he can be replaced by ánd Hixon ánd Randle (and possibly Barden & Jernigan)
    3. TC loves him, and with 2 SB's in 4 years I have faith in TC's judgement. When he says 'good old Domenic, never makes a mistake' I have faith in this.

Therefore I would not say that we are less off with our receiving corps last year
    I don't think Hixon can come close to what Manningham did in the playoffs, idk why Coughlin says that.. He's wrong.. Hixon has dropped a lot of big passes. I don't like to question Coughlin but I have to with this one.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I don't think Hixon can come close to what Manningham did in the playoffs, idk why Coughlin says that.. He's wrong.. Hixon has dropped a lot of big passes. I don't like to question Coughlin but I have to with this one.
    I agree man. All that comes to mind when I think of Hixon is the huge dropped pass against the Eagles.... If we win that game the Eagles don't make the playoffs and therefore do not beat us in the divisional round.....

****ing butter fingers......

Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

vCash
    Everyones ragging on Hixon for that brutal drop. How many of those has Nicks had? Manningham? Cruz (running the wrong routes usually). It was 1 really bad drop.

vCash
    Yup. One bad drop seems to negate the great TD catch last year, the long screen play against Dallas, the punt return for a TD against Dallas, the big 2 pt conversion catch against Carolina.......not saying he's a star, but when healthy he's a great #3.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yup. One bad drop seems to negate the great TD catch last year, the long screen play against Dallas, the punt return for a TD against Dallas, the big 2 pt conversion catch against Carolina.......not saying he's a star, but when healthy he's a great #3.
    No no he's dropped a lot more big passes then that. Yea he always knows where to be and when but he doesn't know how to use his body to shield defenders out. I know we talked about this already but he should caught that td pass the first time when it bounced off his chest. I know you like Hixon but he's really a average wr at BEST, hobestly I don't think he's good. The one thing I'll give him is he does know the system inside and out just not very talented nor physical and really doesn't have good mechanics. He's kind of like the DJ Ware of the Wrs.

vCash
    But that's just the point. He has as many great plays as bad plays, so he is an average WR....not a bad one. And average is par for the course for your 3rd option. Of course we'd like better than average with Nicks injuries, but he can hold the fort when necessary and really is a good placeholder until Randle, Barden, Jernigan or whoever breaks out.

vCash
    But that's just the point. He has as many great plays as bad plays, so he is an average WR....not a bad one. And average is par for the course for your 3rd option. Of course we'd like better than average with Nicks injuries, but he can hold the fort when necessary and really is a good placeholder until Randle, Barden, Jernigan or whoever breaks out.
    Ugh I know I'm not going to win this one, because you like him. I just don't think he's good at all. The return game was always his strength but seriously don't like him as a 3rd wr with how much we throw the ball. If we had a dominant running game then yea I would be fine with him as the 3rd wr but with how bad this O Line is especially in run blocking we need a good wr at the 3rd spot not a below average one. No defense will respect him and allow teams to double Cruz and Nicks.. specially with this O Line..

Not for nothing but he's also torn his acl 2 years in a row, I'm sure he's lost some of that burst and speed which was really the strength in his game. Who knows if he'll even make it thru training camp??

Really hoping 1 of the 3 young wr's can step up in camp and show they got some serious talent. I prefer it to be Randle or JJ.. cause if it's Barden who has a big year then we'll end up losing him in fa and I'll be pissed because it took all this time for him to show up and then he's gone lol

vCash
    Yeah, like I said when he's healthy I think he's a fine option to have on the roster. We'll see what he can do after another injury. He might get cut early if he's not up to speed with the pack.

No winning/losing here; I like him, you don't.....doesn't matter we got Nicks and Cruz.

vCash
    Yeah, like I said when he's healthy I think he's a fine option to have on the roster. We'll see what he can do after another injury. He might get cut early if he's not up to speed with the pack.

No winning/losing here; I like him, you don't.....doesn't matter we got Nicks and Cruz.
    Very true, just hope Nicks can stay healthy. I just can't help to think how important and good Manningham was in the playoffs and superbowl and just wondering if there's any wr's on this team that can do what he did. I know Hixon can't just from seeing him play thru the years. Randle is the guy I'm really hoping lives up to the hype and steps up, him or JJ.

vCash
    I'd agree, but honestly in the Giants pass system, it's gonna take some time to learn it fully and get up to speed. MAYBE Randle is smart enough or MAYBE he can thrive on physical ability, but I'm really not expecting him to burst onto the scene the way a RB can.

It's a pretty complex read system for WRs and my biggest fear is this kid will come along slowly and people will kill him in his first year for not progressing right away.

vCash
    I'd agree, but honestly in the Giants pass system, it's gonna take some time to learn it fully and get up to speed. MAYBE Randle is smart enough or MAYBE he can thrive on physical ability, but I'm really not expecting him to burst onto the scene the way a RB can.

It's a pretty complex read system for WRs and my biggest fear is this kid will come along slowly and people will kill him in his first year for not progressing right away.
    Yea thats very understandable specially with the way the Giants handle rooks lately.. Manningham barely played his rook season, JPP played very little, Joseph wasn't even active for a lot of the season.. so yea I agree they will bring him along slowly unless he picks up really quick like nicks did.

JJ is a slot wr so I don't see him getting the job unless he's that impressive and they move Cruz back to the outside wich I doubt considering cruz was huge in the slot with Eli.. that said I also love him on the outside and he is a very good down field threat so I hope they don't limit him to only underneath routes. Barden.. well Barden is Barden but some think he's finally getting it and might step up big. A lot of writers think Depalma is the Giants secret weapon so we'll see.

But with Nicks being out a bit Randle and others will get more reps and allow them to pick up the offense faster.

Page 6 of 70 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast