Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
Results 436 to 450 of 1045
  1. #436
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,667
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    ya know what hurts a little....



    nj.com 3/15/2012


    Not that it matters. Any WR could have had a field day on our secondary last night. Just kinda funny.
    I just threw up a little bit..... I still cant believe with many veterans itching to play, we still have Tryon...didn;t we learn last year with him

  2. #437
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    If I'm JR I am SERIOUSLY on the market for a starting CB.

  3. #438
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,868
    vCash
    1490
    well, here we go. Let's see if he takes advantage and makes a jump before Monday:

    My earlier prediction was that McKenzie would be back after the season start to avoid the guarantees. Maybe a vet CB makes sense, but I'm betting Reese rolls with Prince and Hosley coming back.

    Cowboys, Giants can sign vested veterans without guaranteeing salaries

    Posted by Mike Florio on September 6, 2012, 2:38 PM EDT

    Getty Images
    One of the benefits of playing in the first game of the regular season is that the two teams who get their Week One contests out of the way early have dibs on signing vested veterans without having to essentially guarantee their full salaries.

    Under the termination pay provision of the labor deal, any player with four or more years of service is eligible to receive — once in their career — their full salary for the balance of the season, if the player if on a roster at the start of the season. After Week One, the entitlement to termination pay shrinks dramatically.

    Because the Cowboys and Giants have played their opening games, they can now sign those vested veterans without potentially owing them the full balance of their base salary.

    That dynamic works against the teams play on Monday night, with the Bengals, Ravens, Chargers, and Raiders not able to avoid the possible full-season obligation until Monday night.

    So with the Giants possibly needing defensive backs and the Cowboys possibly needing offensive.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eing-salaries/

  4. #439
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by uwish1127 View Post
    I just threw up a little bit..... I still cant believe with many veterans itching to play, we still have Tryon...didn;t we learn last year with him
    He very well have might have cost us the game, he was pathetic..

  5. #440
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    4,684
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    well, here we go. Let's see if he takes advantage and makes a jump before Monday:

    My earlier prediction was that McKenzie would be back after the season start to avoid the guarantees. Maybe a vet CB makes sense, but I'm betting Reese rolls with Prince and Hosley coming back.


    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...eing-salaries/
    HAVE to do something at either spot if not both, some GMs don't watch games believe it or not but JR does obviously and anyone watching had to see how much help we need at both spots..

  6. #441
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    904
    vCash
    1500
    We need to look at that corner from Detroit if he is still available. If we can't make any moves and our corners remain banged up I would rather see Rolle on the outside over Tryon and Will Hill or Sash playing safety.
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

    not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

  7. #442
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    We need to look at that corner from Detroit if he is still available. If we can't make any moves and our corners remain banged up I would rather see Rolle on the outside over Tryon and Will Hill or Sash playing safety.
    Might have to do that again this year. Crazy how fast n how many key players the giants have to adjust to replacing. What a great organization to still scoop up rings!!!

  8. #443
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,868
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    HAVE to do something at either spot if not both, some GMs don't watch games believe it or not but JR does obviously and anyone watching had to see how much help we need at both spots..
    Here's the thing though....up until a few days ago we were OVER the cap. I never did hear what we did to get under.

    So it'll be rough affording someone. Also, if Hosley and Prince are ready to go next week, I doubt Reese makes a CB move. He still SHOULD do it and get a veteran presence, but I bet he doesn't.

    At least have to figure something out for the oline. He's gonna get his franchise QB killed.

  9. #444
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Leo's Mansion
    Posts
    19,504
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Here's the thing though....up until a few days ago we were OVER the cap. I never did hear what we did to get under.

    So it'll be rough affording someone. Also, if Hosley and Prince are ready to go next week, I doubt Reese makes a CB move. He still SHOULD do it and get a veteran presence, but I bet he doesn't.

    At least have to figure something out for the oline. He's gonna get his franchise QB killed.
    They have gotten under the salary cap by restructuring the contract of OL Chris Snee….

    They restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.

  10. #445
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,868
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    They have gotten under the salary cap by restructuring the contract of OL Chris Snee….

    They restructured the contract of Pro Bowl guard Chris Snee, freeing up about $3 million.
    I missed that. Ok so they were $700k over and that gives them $2 mil to work with this year, but they can't use all of it, because other injuries are likely to arise.

    Hate to say it, but they're gonna play through this. Wait for Prince and Hosley to get healthy and hope that Beatty comes back well.

    Otherwise they need to work a trade which the Giants rarely do for big names.

  11. #446
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    17,391
    vCash
    1500
    Prince sucks and hosley has only gotten nickel reps. Not a great plan if you ask me.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

  12. #447
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    31,868
    vCash
    1490
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Prince sucks and hosley has only gotten nickel reps. Not a great plan if you ask me.
    Yeah, but he drafted Prince high last year and if he's not the #2 CB, what was the point? I think he's struggling too, but I don't see them giving up on him. Him and Webster on the outside then Hosley at nickel.

    It's not what I want, but it's what I expect.

  13. #448
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,302
    vCash
    1500
    What teams have solid CBs but need DE or LB help? We could send a guy like Paysinger to a team for a solid CB, or with Tracy and Ojomo emerging trade Osi for a good to great CB.

    Paysinger has shown good flashes but he is a WLB. Boley and Rivers are bith WLB as well and Jaquian Williams was last year but has put on some size so he will probably end up being a SLB.

    Still that doesn't leave much of a chance for Paysinger to play so trading him is a solid option.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gibby23 View Post
    The only way I will be proven wrong is if the giants win in SF and that isn't going to happen. You can keep saying they beat the Packers on the road and all that, but they are not playing the Packers this Sunday. The Niners will win by 10 plus points..... Numbers don't lie only you and some giants fan do to make yourself feel better about the loss your team has coming up.
    gooood caaaall

  14. #449
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Irvine, California
    Posts
    13,159
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by G-Menfan4lyfe View Post
    What teams have solid CBs but need DE or LB help? We could send a guy like Paysinger to a team for a solid CB, or with Tracy and Ojomo emerging trade Osi for a good to great CB.

    Paysinger has shown good flashes but he is a WLB. Boley and Rivers are bith WLB as well and Jaquian Williams was last year but has put on some size so he will probably end up being a SLB.

    Still that doesn't leave much of a chance for Paysinger to play so trading him is a solid option.
    I'd trade Paysinger, Osi and Ojomo for a solid starting corner. Remember people, Osi is most likely gone after this season.

  15. #450
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    9,275
    vCash
    1500
    Just sign that ****** from Detroit.

Page 30 of 70 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •