Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    vCash
    never heard of him.. Canty needs to get healthy

vCash
    And we’re back to a 90-man roster.

The Giants added two defensive tackles to take the place of some injured players and provide at least some practice depth and bodies for the rest of the preseason. In doing so they also waived/injured Martin Parker, a defensive tackle who has a herniated disc that will require surgery.

The two newest Giants are Carlton Powell and Oren Wilson.

Here are their bios from the team:

Powell, 6-3 and 310 pounds, entered the NFL as a fifth-round draft choice of the Denver Broncos in 2008, the 148th overall selection. He spent his rookie season on the reserve/physically unable to perform list. Powell has since been on the practice squads of the Cleveland Browns and the Broncos and been in training camps with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2010) and the Jets (2011). He was released by the Jets last Aug. 11 and signed four days later by the Atlanta Falcons. Powell played 38 snaps in Atlanta’s first four games last season, recording an assisted tackle at Tampa Bay on Sept. 25. He was inactive for seven games before being released on Dec. 2 and was signed to the Falcons’ practice squad four days later.

Wilson, 6-1 and 305 pounds, began his collegiate career at Michigan State, where he played in 38 games with 26 starts from 2007-2009 and had 43 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, two fumble recoveries, two pass breakups and one sack. He played in three bowl games for the Spartans. After sitting out the 2010 season because of NCAA transfer rules, Wilson played in all 12 games for Akron last season. He was credited with 38 tackles (13 solo), 4.5 tackles for losses, 3.5 sacks and a blocked kicked.

Both of the players, although they will have only one practice with the team on Thursday, are expected to play against the Jets on Saturday night. Heck, the Giants just need someone to go out there since their defensive tackle roster has been sliced in half due to injuries. Besides Parker, the Giants yesterday announced that Shaun Rogers has a blood clot in his leg that will end his season and sent Marvin Austin for tests on his sore back. Chris Canty remains on PUP recovering from offseason knee surgery.

The Giants had spent a few days with an 89-man roster after the waived DB Janzen Jackson over the weekend and did not immediately replace him.

Source: @tomrock_newsday

vCash
    Marcus Thomas is scheduled for a visit thurs.. Good call Gggmen

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    Marcus Thomas is scheduled for a visit thurs.. Good call Gggmen
    Nice! I was hoping they would. The downside is this means either (1) Austin is not getting good news and/or (2) Canty is starting on PUP.

Giants RapidReports ‏@CBSSportsNFLNYG
    Interesting thing about Marcus Thomas: Had a career-high 43 tackles last year in a career-low 12 games. Usually durable & very strong.

vCash
    Jints signed DB Laron Scott (Saints) to fill a roster spot vacancy. Scott is expected to compete for return duties.

vCash
    L Scott and the DTS we brought in Thomas? And I can't recall the other ..why the love? I don't mind but idk them so any info would be cool.

As for our DTS ..what happened I missed pre pre season lol TCs..

Candy heals our DTS his size helps so much ..

Our des look amazingly deep of course ..tuck, jpp , osi ,kiwi?(occasionally?), ,Tracy looked decent..

Our lbs look or well sound great finally compared to idk since our 1st Super Bowl win v pats lol .. Kiwi , boley , rivers , herz , maybe Williams? , I def forget some ppl too .

I'm more worried about cb .. Hosley and prince need to step up way more than we planned I think our FO would of kept Ross if he was a little more solid over TT if they had any clue prince wouldn't progress or TT may be done for .Again

vCash
    Giants' Clint Sintim appears to have been waived by the team
    FAV FIGHTERS- HW-Struve-JDS-D.Cormier LHW-Gustafsson -Ovince St. Preux Machida MW-Kenndey-D.Miller-Chris WeidmanWW-Condit-Rory MacDonald-Kampmann-Douglas Lima-Marquardt LW-Penn-Edgar-Jim Miller-Joe Lauzon-FW-Jung Patricio Freire BW-Torres-Dantas- Faber-Fly-Benavidez

vCash
    Good news here:

Mike Garafolo ‏@MikeGarafolo

Terrell Thomas tweeted a pic of him running in the pool earlier. Said that's the first time he did that. Knee responded well. #nyg

vCash

Giants expected to sign DT Marcus Thomas shortly

Mike Garafolo‏@MikeGarafolo

Giants expected to sign DT Marcus Thomas shortly

The only name on the FA list I wanted. He'll be some solid depth.

vCash
    Wow so sintim will be a def bust now..

Also thought JJax could of had some potential ..
    Last edited by Joker117; 08-16-2012 at 12:37 PM.

vCash
    August 16, 2012 12:06 PM

Marvin Austin: 'Just a little back ache'

BY Ralph Vacchiano

In the middle of an injury epidemic among defensive linemen, Marvin Austin got some relatively good news: He has no serious issues with his sore back.

The second-year defensive tackle said his back started hurting after a walkthrough with his team on Monday, which is why the Giants sent him to the Hospital for Special Surgery on Tuesday for tests. He didn’t say specifically what was found, but described his injury as just “a little back ache.”

He will not, however, practice on Thursday afternoon and likely won’t play against the Jets on Saturday night. Asked if he’ll be able to play at all this preseason, he said “I don’t know. I can’t really answer that right now.”

“I don’t think it’s going to be something that lags on,” Austin said. “That’s why we wanted to get everything right now, do all the proper processes so it won’t be something that goes on.”

Austin’s back injury probably shouldn’t have been a surprise considering the game in Jacksonville Friday night was his first since Dec., 2009. He missed his entire senior year in college due to a suspension and then missed his rookie year in the NFL with a torn pectoral muscle.

“Obviously my body is adapting to it, so it could’ve had a little affect,” Austin said. “But I don’t think it was the primary cause.”

Also not at fault, he said, was his bed at the University at Albany. On Tuesday, before camp broke, Austin’s linemate, Linval Joseph, said he believed the bad beds in the dorm rooms made Austin’s back worse.

“I don’t think it was the mattress’ fault,” Austin said. “I didn’t have the best bed, but it wasn’t the worst.”

One more roster move from the Giants: DE Justin Trattou, who was expected to compete for the old Dave Tollefson/fourth defensive end role, was waived/injured with a bruised heel and lateral ankle sprain.
    http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...ttle-back-ache

DAMN IT! I like Trattou.

vCash

8/16 Roster Activity

Just to summarize:

Signed:
    DT Marcus Thomas
    DB/KR Laron Scott
    DT Carlton Powell
    DT Oren Wilson
    DT Bobby Skinner

Waived:
    LB Clint Sintim
    DE Justin Trattou

Lost to Injury
    DT Shaun Rogers (calf)
    DT Martin Parker (back surgery)

I'll keep a tally on the first post in this thread. Let me know what I missed, I'm sure I did....
    Last edited by GGGGG-Men; 08-16-2012 at 03:50 PM.

vCash
    I doubt my boy OJ makes it but hope he does would love to get tickets to see him play. Oren Wilson teanecks very own

vCash
    So what's up with Will Hill? I read somewhere that he's the favorite to win the safety/LB position Grant was playing for us.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    So what's up with Will Hill? I read somewhere that he's the favorite to win the safety/LB position Grant was playing for us.
    I asked some of the beat writers and they all said they'd be shocked if he didn't make the roster.

They're gonna push Will Hill and Sash BIG TIME this year. If either of them can REALLY shine, we may see KP leave after this season. Re-signing KP might be too much money to throw at the safety spot. Of course I'd rather ditch Rolle and keep KP, but that won't happen and I really don't see them being able to afford both.

Page 14 of 70 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast