Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    vCash

Boley gets good news on hamstring

Finally some good news...

Boley gets good news on hamstring

BY Ralph Vacchiano

Terrell Thomas had company on his trip to the Hospital for Special Surgery in Manhattan on Monday, but the news was much better for linebacker Michael Boley.

While Thomas came away from HSS with the devastating news that he has a partially torn ACL that will likely end his season, Boley learned that an MRI on his troublesome hamstring showed no significant injury, according to someone familiar with the results. That means no tear or other problem and likely just a strain, though as we all know it's hard to predict how long a strained hamstring can keep a player on the sidelines.

Boley has had trouble with his hamstring in the past, so the Giants will likely be cautious. The players were off from practice on Tuesday and Tom Coughlin wasn't available for comment, so it's not known exactly what the timeframe or plan for Boley is.

Meanwhile, Thomas was enroute to California where he plans to be examined by Dr. Arthur Ting, the orthopedic surgeon who repaired his ACL last August. An MRI on him discovered a partial tear, according to someone familiar with the results, but the extent of it is not clear. Thomas might need exploratory arthroscopic surgery on his right knee just to see how bad his knee is, though that will be decided by him and Dr. Ting in the coming days.

No further update is expected today on Thomas, who now has torn the ACL in his right knee three times in the last seven years.
    NYDN

vCash
    Thank god on the news with Boley..

Looks like Plax is going to the eagles, not good..

Idk why Titans wouldn't sign him?? They have no Wrs with Britt out again, so they Kendall Wright a ? and Nate Washington..

vCash
    I think we should bring in Aaron Berry, good cb just a trouble guy.

vCash
    Yeah? I heard he's still looking and Eagles don't want him.

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    We have to be very cautious with Boley. Lets get that hamstring right before the start of the season. If he missed the preseason, he'd be Ok and ready to go. Our young LB need to get reps at LB to learn the signal calling anyway.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Yeah? I heard he's still looking and Eagles don't want him.
    Apparently things are heating up between them, man I really hope not..

I'll always want Plax back and to me it makes so much sense to bring him back, but Eli and Coughlin are probably against it and if they don't want him then I don't either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post

I'll always want Plax back and to me it makes so much sense to bring him back, but Eli and Coughlin are probably against it and if they don't want him then I don't either.
    I use to say the same thing but plax is a POS. And really i think bringing him back at this point would just be a slap in the face. The gy wanted to play for rex ryan and have sanchez throw him balls then let him do it...he had a chance last year to come back to the gmen and THANK GOD he didnt beacuse cruz woulda never had that chance.

All the positives in the locker room and the team unity the last thing we need is that idiot

vCash
    @TomRock_Newsday: Also from the practice report: Jake Muasau (hamstring) and James Brewer (back) sat this one out.
    Beatty AND Brewer with back injuries now. I think our conditioning coach is one of the "doctors" from the movie Hostel.

ph Vacchiano‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Tom Coughlin on Michael Boley's hamstring: "He’s still sore and he doesn’t feel like he can really explode." #NYG

vCash
    Beatty AND Brewer with back injuries now. I think our conditioning coach is one of the "doctors" from the movie Hostel.
    Holy **** are you kidding me..

The medical staff and conditioning coach really needs to be changed.. Every ****ing year.. It can't be a concidence

vCash
    Tom Rock‏@TomRock_Newsday

Jacquian Williams added 20 lbs in offseason but says it hasn't affected his speed or quickness.
    He's been more physical in camp too.

vCash
    He's been more physical in camp too.
    Nice I like Williams a lot, guy is a play maker

vCash
    Nice I like Williams a lot, guy is a play maker
    Yeah and it sounds like Jones is having a good camp too. He had some rough times last year, but gotta remember he came in sooner than any of the rookie LBs in a year with no offseason. He's got the physical ability, just needs to smarten up.

The future of our LB core looks like: Jones(SAM)-Herzlich(MIKE)-Williams(WILL) I think. Get Kiwi back to the line when Osi inevitably leaves next year, shed Boley's contract when you can (I love him, but injuries slowly mounting and need to get younger at the position and his contract is too large) and hold on to Blackurn as the workhorse.

Rivers and Paysinger for depth along with some more young guys down the road and I think the LB crew might come around pretty well.

vCash
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN

Williams also said it would be no problem if he's asked to play the third S/Deon Grant role this year, which is a possibility. #NYG

vCash
    Antrel Rolle: "I think there will be other guys competing for that (nickel) spot and hopefully we can have some other guys that we can throw in there and I can get back to safety. But it doesn’t matter where I am going to be. It doesn’t matter if I am at nickel or at safety. Wherever the team needs me to play, that is where I am playing."

vCash

Plax was on NFL Sirius this morning and said he's close with a team. They guessed Oakland and Cleveland and he said they were 50% correct. Then went on to rave about the Raiders and how much he wants to play there.

Page 10 of 70 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast