Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I don't think so, a lot of guys deal with back spasms thru their entire carears.
    Ya but he's ome1 we want at "100%" lol. Idk just seems bad in the long run I know he'll be fine just thinks of his career

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    I like Kuhn......I think Craig Marshall can become something special as well. I think we have a young hungry defense.......all around the board.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash

Giants Bubble Watch: Justin Tryon could make team on interim basis

By Alex Raskin | CBSSports.com
    August 24, 2012 1:06 pm ET

Expect the unexpected when the Giants settle on a 53-man roster. Injuries to left tackle Will Beatty (back), defensive tackle Chris Canty (knee), weakside linebacker Michael Boley (hamstring) and cornerback Terrell Thomas (knee) as well as the clouded status of defensive tackle Shaun Rogers (blood clot) will necessitate extra numbers at certain positions. That means some other positions could be left a little thin.

Justin Tryon (CB, made three tackles in three games with Giants last season) -- Tryon broke his arm while making a remarkable special teams tackle against the Dolphins last season (his arm may have already been broken when he made the tackle) but he's healthy now and is coming off a solid training camp. With safety Tyler Sash suspended for four games to open the season, Tryon could be kept on an interim basis while the team sees how Thomas' knee recovers. If the team thinks he'll be able to return, Tryon would likely be released. But, if Thomas' right ACL doesn't respond to treatment, Tryon could stick around after Sash's return. Dante Hughes is another player who could be kept on while Sash is suspended.

Mitch Petrus (G, three starts in three seasons) -- Petrus is as strong as any lineman in the game, but he isn't really an option as a backup center, which makes Jim Cordle a bit more valuable given the limited roster space. Cordle can play all interior line positions and is the team's backup long snapper. Petrus has easily outplayed rookie guard/tackle Brandon Mosley in camp, but the team used a fourth-round pick on the Auburn product and might not be willing to expose him to waivers. Even though Petrus played well in spot starts last season, he could still be a victim of the numbers.

Spencer Paysinger (LB, appeared in 15 games making 12 tackles as a rookie) -- The former Oregon Duck made the Giants as an undrafted free agent last season, and remains a favorite of the coaching staff. But even though Boley has fought hamstring issues throughout the preseason, Paysinger is still looking up at Jacquian Williams and Keith Rivers on the depth chart at weakside linebacker. Paysinger has learned some middle linebacker as well, but Chase Blackburn and Mark Herzlich are battling for the starting position at that position. If the Giants do cut Paysinger, he wouldn't be a free agent for very long.
    http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/nf...-interim-basis

vCash
    I hope Tyron makes the team. He showed good last year and we need all the CB help we can get.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BradHolt4CYoung View Post
    I hope Tyron makes the team. He showed good last year and we need all the CB help we can get.
    Tyron isnt good at cb but he's not bad either, I like him on special teams.

vCash
    Yeah agreed. He had solid coverage skills on STs, but I haven't really seen much from him at CB.

vCash
    I'm surprised the Giants haven't let Depalma get some reps at cb, word is he's not bad.. Who knows he could be solid and the kid is trying to do everything to make the team.

vCash
    I'm surprised the Giants haven't let Depalma get some reps at cb, word is he's not bad.. Who knows he could be solid and the kid is trying to do everything to make the team.
    I heard the same thing he could be like Edelman and he may be able to help in the nickle spot
    Eli Manning going for 2012-2013 NFL MVP

not to mention this: http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/ima...ine=1328584116

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYkillaPriest View Post
    I heard the same thing he could be like Edelman and he may be able to help in the nickle spot
    Yea can't hurt to give the kid some reps

vCash
    Yeah, he's also been getting some returns in practice. Wonder if he'll get a shot tonight with Hosley out. They'll probably give it to Hixon and/or Randle though.

vCash
    New York Giants
    Tom Rock Ranked 4
    + Follow
    Da'Rel Scott's role with the Giants may not be as a running back.
    Tom Coughlin said he's been impressed by Scott's "speed and his versatility. I think that we’ve been able to utilize him on special teams and we’ll continue to do that, but he has the outstanding speed and he has enough size and power to where he can contribute." With Bradshaw and Wilson seeming to be the 1-2 running back punch, having that special teams cred will help Scott when the roster gets whittled down.
    Could beat out Brown and Martinek?

vCash
    Ohm Youngmisuk ‏@NotoriousOHM
    Coughlin said nothing real new to report on Hosley but hopes he can do some light stuff in next few days

Coughlin said he wants to leave Antrel Rolle at safety and not have to move safeties around.
    New York Giants
    Paul Schwartz
    More praise from Coughlin on WR Ramses Barden from game vs.Bears.
    "I liked the way he defined his routes and utilized the position of his hands,'' said Coughlin, the former receivers coach. #nyg
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
    LB Jacquian Williams (hip) should practice tomorrow, after not playing last night. #NYG

More bad news: DT Marvin Austin (back) "had a little setback," Coughlin said. "It’s not clear when he can go.

What about Antrel Rolle to CB? "I would not think that’s an option" Coughlin said. "although we’re open to anything if things deteriorate"
    Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina
    Bradshaw's hand is healing, though not as quickly as AB would like.

Coughlin said he was pleased with how Locklear played last night. Locklear, remember, went against Julius Peppers.

Coughlin said the issues on special teams have largely been a result of foolish mistakes.

vCash
    Its good to hear that Coughlin wants to keep rolle at safety. Hopefully without any more injuries that can happen.

vCash
    I'm really surprised by the Giants on the Canty issue, seems like they lied to us. Word is Canty had microfracture surgery.. Explains why he's going on PUP..

vCash
    I'm really surprised by the Giants on the Canty issue, seems like they lied to us. Word is Canty had microfracture surgery.. Explains why he's going on PUP..
    No ****? Damn. These young DTs better step it up. Worried about our run D with such a thin group at DT.

Page 20 of 70 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast