Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah funny you mention that. Maybe the Nicks injury will be a blessing in disguise.

I really wonder about DePalma. He's hyped as a Welker type, but come on....practice squad for that long doesn't usually imply a probowler....but we'll see I guess.

Lots of hype on Hopkins too. Just might be the #2 or 3 TE.

vCash
    I hate that we lost Thomas to the bears for a 1 year 700k contract. I hate losing really good special teams guys when we always struggle in that area.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    I don't think Hixon can come close to what Manningham did in the playoffs, idk why Coughlin says that.. He's wrong.. Hixon has dropped a lot of big passes. I don't like to question Coughlin but I have to with this one.
    You don't question TC's judgment...it is sacreligeous.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Sports Fan View Post
    You don't question TC's judgment...it is sacreligeous.
    Lol I have to on this one..

vCash
    Lol I have to on this one..
    I have to agree with you on this, i really feel like Hixon is best suited for special teams and returning punts..... i feel coughlin should be looking to one of the younger WR's to step up and add some speed...JJ, Barden & Randle should be fighting it out for the 3rd WR spot... Dont get me wrong i like Hixon, but he really hasnt produced as much as everyone thinks he has.... MM, may have been dumb as bricks and most of the time ran wrong routes, but he has made some amazing catches and was clutch for us in the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    I hate that we lost Thomas to the bears for a 1 year 700k contract. I hate losing really good special teams guys when we always struggle in that area.
    Of all the offseason movement, this is the one that drives me nuts. I just don't get it. Best gunner we had on STs and not a bad deep WR option....."deep" as in depth chart, not on the field.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Of all the offseason movement, this is the one that drives me nuts. I just don't get it. Best gunner we had on STs and not a bad deep WR option....."deep" as in depth chart, not on the field.
    Yeah, it's right there with losing Tollefson.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    I agree man, the guy was a demon on special teams and we let him walk for chump change..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Yeah, it's right there with losing Tollefson.
    Tollefson we couldn't afford but it does hurt

vCash
    Tollefson is long overdue for a starting role. At least he has a chance to win one out in OAK.

vCash
    I agree man, the guy was a demon on special teams and we let him walk for chump change..
    I don't think we lost him because of the money, we lost him because of playing time with the offense. He is and will be a fantastic ST gunner but he will also get more time on the field then he would have with us, and even have a small chance to become a starting WR in the future.

He was never more than a 4th or 5th option with us and had zero chance to be a starter. If he were a better returner then we probably would have made more of an effort to keep him.

Jayron Hosley seems like a logical replacement for him on ST.

vCash
    Free agent S Deon Grant believes the Giants will re-sign him during training camp.
    A key cog in New York's oft-used three-safety looks a year ago, Grant isn't ready to retire after 12 seasons and it sounds like he's willing to play for close to the veteran's minimum. Grant played a whopping 79.9 percent of the Giants' defensive snaps in 2011, primarily because they didn't have a nickel corner.

Source: New York Daily News

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Good to hear, I like Grant. Adds depth and is a smart veteran with leadership.

vCash
    Id love to have Grant back.. dont know if Sash is ready yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jint. View Post
    Id love to have Grant back.. dont know if Sash is ready yet
    I guess the question is if there is anyone worthy behind Sash that we don't want to lose by resigning Grant and bumping Sash to 4th.

Page 7 of 70 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast