Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The most experienced WR of the group is not Barden. It's not Jernigan. It's not Randle. If none of these guys can leave a big enough impression... bet the bank it will be Hixon.

vCash
    and as if now, I have him entering camp as the guy to beat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by musclemenace View Post
    and as if now, I have him entering camp as the guy to beat.
    No doubt about that. He was the guy to beat last year and nobody did.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    No doubt about that. He was the guy to beat last year and nobody did.
    But yet he's average at best, for some reason the coaches have a hard on for him. If Hixon is gonna be your 3rd wr then we should just sign Plax, he's a hell of a lot better then Hixon. I know we won't but if Hixon is the best out of that group then we have problems.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NY007 View Post
    But yet he's average at best, for some reason the coaches have a hard on for him. If Hixon is gonna be your 3rd wr then we should just sign Plax, he's a hell of a lot better then Hixon. I know we won't but if Hixon is the best out of that group then we have problems.
    average at best is all you need for no.3. if your no.1 is nicks and your no.2 is cruz.

manningham was an exception. perhaps above average to some, but if that's true, then i'm kinda' expecting manningham to return to an average status in sanfran. just call it a hunch, but if dude (smith) couldn't find crabtree, not sure how he's gonna find manningham. maybe MMs speed will help him out over there.

vCash
    one more thing, manningham only caught 39 passes last year. that's only one less than ballard. only 3 less than bradshaw. we can get that kind of production easily (in my opinion) with any one of the four contenders we have at no.3

i think hixon would do just fine so long as his health is not a concern. manning and hixon have had chemistry before. he did a hell of a job for us in '08 before getting injured and helped us get to a 12-4 record. granted, that's 4 years ago. but again, still more experience than the others.

vCash
    average at best is all you need for no.3. if your no.1 is nicks and your no.2 is cruz.

manningham was an exception. perhaps above average to some, but if that's true, then i'm kinda' expecting manningham to return to an average status in sanfran. just call it a hunch, but if dude (smith) couldn't find crabtree, not sure how he's gonna find manningham. maybe MMs speed will help him out over there.
    Manningham is above average and very talented.. just dumb as bricks but always a team guy. In todays NFL you need to have 3 good wr's specially us with the injury concerns of Nicks. You gotta remember Manningham could beat anyone and made some very difficult catches and plaus look easy.

Manningham was always a threat teams had to respect, he had good size and speed. SF doubled Nicks and Cruz and look at the game MM had and obviously MM was huge in the SuperBowl which just goes to show you how important a 3rd wr is.

Hixon has torn his acl 2 years in a row and really is a average wr at best, yea he knows the system very good and is always in the right place wich is why the coaches like him but he won't keep defenses honest.
    Last edited by NY007; 07-03-2012 at 05:28 PM.

vCash
    one more thing, manningham only caught 39 passes last year. that's only one less than ballard. only 3 less than bradshaw. we can get that kind of production easily (in my opinion) with any one of the four contenders we have at no.3

i think hixon would do just fine so long as his health is not a concern. manning and hixon have had chemistry before. he did a hell of a job for us in '08 before getting injured and helped us get to a 12-4 record. granted, that's 4 years ago. but again, still more experience than the others.
    As a kick returner he was very good but was the 4th wr behind Plax, Toomer and Smith, then Plax shot himself and Hixon went on the outside and dropped bombs from Eli and was quite honestly awful.. Hixon has NEVER produced any good numbers at WR.

What about MM's playoffs numbers and plays.. he was absolutely huge in the playoffs and the super bowl.. **** the regular season #'s...

vCash
    not enough. neither one of them. manningham has outproduced hixon, that's true. but neither one of them has ever really left it on the field. perhaps just bad timing.

vCash
    not enough. neither one of them. manningham has outproduced hixon, that's true. but neither one of them has ever really left it on the field. perhaps just bad timing.
    Again Manningham was great in the playoffs and SB, I can't see Hixon EVER doing that. With Manningham we always knew the talent was there. I'm just hoping 1 of the 3 young wr's can show us and the coaches something cause hixon is very eh.

vCash
    I seriously think a lot of people are underrating Hixon.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ReppinDaNorth21 View Post
    I seriously think a lot of people are underrating Hixon.
    What has Hixon ever done in his carear?? He was a good KR, that's it.. He's not a good wr and coming off a torn acl 2 years in a row.

vCash
    Holy **** 2014 offseason is gonna be BRUTAL:

Michael Boley LB UFA
    David Diehl T UFA
    Henry Hynoski RB RFA
    Linval Joseph DT RFA
    Hakeem Nicks WR UFA
    Mitch Petrus G UFA
    Keith Rivers LB UFA
    Justin Tuck DE UFA
    Osi Umenyiora DE UFA
    Corey Webster CB UFA

Then throw in that Cruz is a RFA this year and they'll probably just throw an affordable 1 yr claim on him (unless he throws up another superstar year and they work a long-term deal with him), so he'll likely be a UFA in 2014.

We better repeat now b/c I have a bad feeling about the 2014 Giants.
    According to the NFLPA the Salary Cap will increase by 20 million or so in 2014 when the TV money kicks in. We made it through this year and 2013 will be harder but the FO can back load contracts and restructure a couple of contracts like Eli's to make it through again.

However if Robert Kraft is corrrect and the cap only grows by 4-7% then the Giants have a major issue because of all the restructuring they did this year along with expiring contracts will come back to bite em.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...h-for-2014-cap
    Last edited by giantsince69; 07-09-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: link

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by giantsince69 View Post
    According to the NFLPA the Salary Cap will increase by 20 million or so in 2014 when the TV money kicks in. We made it through this year and 2013 will be harder but the FO can back load contracts and restructure a couple of contracts like Eli's to make it through again.

However if Robert Kraft is corrrect and the cap only grows by 4-7% then the Giants have a major issue because of all the restructuring they did this year along with expiring contracts will come back to bite em.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...h-for-2014-cap

I really doubt they'll see that 20 mil increase, especially if they're serious about expansion teams, in which case they need to spread the talent around a little more.

vCash
    I really doubt they'll see that 20 mil increase, especially if they're serious about expansion teams, in which case they need to spread the talent around a little more.
    I gotta feeling the NFLPA is gonna go to the mat for this one. It could get ugly if the NFL protracts the revenue increase over the remaing 8 years of the CBA like it sounds like they want to do.

My opinion is that the NFL has to acquiesce to this jump in Cap just as the NFLPA has to acquiesce to Goodell's power to discipline players.

Page 5 of 70 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast