Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Ralph Vacchiano ‏@TheBlueScreen

Here's something you'll like: RB David Wilson, the Giants' first-rounder, looks incredibly quick. Hard to catch when he cuts to the outside.

Jake who? Bear Pascoe, currently the No. 1 TE, just made a nice turning, reaching grab of a deep pass down the middle of the field. #NYG

Day 2 for Eli Manning not much better than Day 1. Jayron Hosley and Stevie Brown drop easy INTs off Eli passes on back to back series. #NYG

Eli Manning was very nearly picked off again, this time by Antrel Rolle in a red zone drill. ... Are you panicking yet? #NYG
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 06-13-2012 at 05:20 PM.

vCash
    Tom Coughlin talks about Prince plus todays Practice Report

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...tm_term=%23nyg

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Missing56&33 View Post
    Any report on how Ramses Barden looks so far in camp?
    The report I just posted has a little info on Barden.

vCash
    I'm not sure where this is supposed to go. There's no off-season thread, that I saw anyway, so I'll put this in here because it's not thread worthy.
    “Prince is making progress, yeah, he is,” Giants coach Tom Coughlin said of last year’s first-round pick. “They’re letting him do up to a point and he’s out there competing. It’s a whole different year for him, really, since he has had that experience and a lot of that is behind him. He’s doing a good job. Hopefully, he’s going to continue.”
    And finally, I recall writing about how LB Mark Herzlich’s pass coverage needed to improve after the loss to the Philadelphia Eagles last season. (To his credit, he was the one who said he struggled in that department that night.) I’ve been watching Herzlich in coverage from time to time this spring, and something tells me we’ll be writing about how solid he is in pass coverage because he’s been looking extremely sharp in that department this offseason.
    These are two players I was really hoping would step up this season and looks as though they are off on the right foot. I know this doesn't mean they will have success but it seems as though they are working hard to improve.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...nce_amuka.html

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RCSowner View Post
    The report I just posted has a little info on Barden.
    Thanks, good read. Hopefully Barden will make a positive contribution to the offense this season. Time to man up and get into the rotation.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    Just in time for a payday

vCash

DEs Justin Trattou and Adrian Tracy are candidates to fill the 4th DE vacated by Dave Tollefson, according to Perry Fewell. #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano @TheBlueScreen

Gilbride didn't only rave about David Wilson. He's been impressed with WR Rueben Randle, too. "It's kind of what we had hoped. I think we see a guy that catches the ball real well. He's a build-up speed guy that I think has enough to get by people, to give us a deep threat that we need when people are kind of clamping down on the other guys underneath. There's a lot of polish that has to take place. But you see enough to be encouraged." #NYG

A name to watch this summer: Rookie WR Brandon Collins (SE Louisiana). He seemed to really impress Kevin Gilbride in camp. #NYG

Tom Coughlin is very pleased with Ramses Barden this spring. "I think he’s figured it out and that’s a good first step," Coughlin said on @SiriusXMNFL. "He’s had some really good days in practice and done a really good job. I really do think that he’s right there. He’s got to do it with consistency. There can’t be any shortcomings. You’re a big receiver. You must excel in the green zone (and) as a blocker. I do feel good about where he is. I really feel good that he feels good about where he is.

CB Terrell THomas said that on July 27, the first day of training camp practices, "I’ll be out there. No limitations. I'll be full-go." #NYG

RB Ahmad Bradshaw said his foot "feels great" after minicamp and he could've done more, but "I wanted to take it slow." #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano @TheBlueScreen

Obviously Terrell Thomas' rehab from ACL surgery has gone very well. He said "The biggest thing is I trust my knee right now to throw it in the dirt. I’m not hesitant at all. I just need more reps out there, running around, putting my body in different situation that you can’t really rep on the side." ... He didn't do much at minicamp and Giants may limit him at training camp, but he feels like his knee is all the way back. #NYG

Asked if Marvin Austin looked "a little big," Perry Fewell said "You know what? He doesn't look big besides Shaun Rogers." #NYG

Perry Fewell said DT Marvin Austin's conditioning "wasn't a problem" in minicamp, but wouldn't say if he was overweight or not. #NYG

Perry Fewell said he "would love" for Chase Blackburn to win the starting MLB job this summer, but he said he's not sure if he will. #NYG

And someone who caught the eye of Perry Fewell at camp: Third-year S Stevie Brown (@scbr3). #NYG

Wilson's Explosiveness "Wows" Gilbride..Link Below for story

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...-wows-gilbride

Today's Minicamp news..Link below for story

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/gia...out-tight-ends
    Last edited by RCSownsU; 06-15-2012 at 03:55 AM.

vCash
    How many of my fellow Giants fans are going to be PRAYING each and every down during the pre-season that nobody gets injured?

I mean I know it's important to get snaps and repetition for the season, but is there any team that suffers more key losses in the pre-season?

Can't wait to see Prince in the nickel and Marvin Austin getting rotated into the line. Still got high hopes for those two.

Also, why is Rueben Randle getting turns at PR? He's not very agile or elusive due to his size. I understand Wilson and Jernigan being there though....JERNIGAN!!! I hope he wins the battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by krisxsong View Post
    How many of my fellow Giants fans are going to be PRAYING each and every down during the pre-season that nobody gets injured?
    Not me. Injuries happen. Deal with em and move on.

Also, why is Rueben Randle getting turns at PR? He's not very agile or elusive due to his size. I understand Wilson and Jernigan being there though....JERNIGAN!!! I hope he wins the battle.
    Well first and foremost. You have to CATCH the ****ing ball. You know unlike Jernigan. Now you may not realize this, but idiot athlete punt returners who cant catch the ****ing ball put two teams in the superbowl. Maintaining earned possessions just slightly (<-sarcasm) outweighs an average extra 10 yards field position. Maybe he's fearless. Maybe he's a physical runner that will break through arm tackles of defenders running by. Maybe he plays faster than his tape and combine looks. We have arguably the best staff in the NFL, I think they know what they're doing.

People get so ****ing caught up in the prototype of a position that they don't realize all the nuances to football that are easy for any average fan to see if you just take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GMenFanSince90 View Post
    Just in time for a payday
    I think that has very little to do with it. He was a raw, developmental, risk/reward guy coming out of a real small school. It was irresponsible of anyone to expect immediate contribution. All the reports of him have always been that he's worked hard and done whats asked of him, he just had a long way to come. I'm gonna bet with our receiver depth that whether this year or next, he's not back with the giants, but winds up making a solid contribution elsewhere.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Not me. Injuries happen. Deal with em and move on.

Well first and foremost. You have to CATCH the ****ing ball. You know unlike Jernigan. Now you may not realize this, but idiot athlete punt returners who cant catch the ****ing ball put two teams in the superbowl. Maintaining earned possessions just slightly (<-sarcasm) outweighs an average extra 10 yards field position. Maybe he's fearless. Maybe he's a physical runner that will break through arm tackles of defenders running by. Maybe he plays faster than his tape and combine looks. We have arguably the best staff in the NFL, I think they know what they're doing.

People get so ****ing caught up in the prototype of a position that they don't realize all the nuances to football that are easy for any average fan to see if you just take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
    I know and understand the most important aspect of returning is deciding whether or not to return it or call a fair catch/having good enough hands to secure the ball.

Outside of the pre-season last year I don't think Jernigan had any real issues did he?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    I think that has very little to do with it. He was a raw, developmental, risk/reward guy coming out of a real small school. It was irresponsible of anyone to expect immediate contribution. All the reports of him have always been that he's worked hard and done whats asked of him, he just had a long way to come. I'm gonna bet with our receiver depth that whether this year or next, he's not back with the giants, but winds up making a solid contribution elsewhere.
    Yeah was sarcasm, I'm just joking around that he'll finally put it all together in the last year of his contract. I hope he does of course

Va...heart between Giants Stadium and MSG
    vCash

I mean I know it's important to get snaps and repetition for the season, but is there any team that suffers more key losses in the pre-season?

Can't wait to see Prince in the nickel and Marvin Austin getting rotated into the line. Still got high hopes for those two.

This.........I realize that Coughlin is old school by the book guy....that injuries are just a part of the game but really is there a need to play Justin Tuck in the final preseason game??? Reps are important but we have to come up with a better plan to keep our guys from getting injured in meaningless games.

The play that Terrell Thomas got hurt last year was on a corner blitz just before the half....I hope he don't have to see the field after two preseason games.

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 18-1 Signature of a Champion!
    ELI MANNING.... 2X SB MVP....2X SB CHAMPION!

vCash
    I dont mind a player playing in the preseason or a meaningless regular season game. Momentum is key in the NFL even if its preseason.

vCash
    The Giants are converting Adrian Tracy into a defensive end.
    Tracy, a sixth-round pick in 2010, has been a practice squad linebacker with the Giants, but was a defensive end at William & Mary. He's still listed as a linebacker, but he's battling with Justin Trattou for a piece of the defensive end rotation now that Dave Tollefson is in Oakland.

Source: ESPN New York
    I like it.. maybe do the same with Sintim..?!?!

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast