Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    vCash
    It's kind of funny, but there really isn't a European goalie that I can remember with exceptional puck handling skills. Not sure why that is. Maybe it has something to do with playing on a bigger ice surface in their developmental years, and there being less emphasis on it in Europe.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dashripdot View Post
    Agree. Never said he wasn't. I was pointing out one of his weaknesses and, yes, another is his stick-handling. Even the best at any position have weaknesses, but stats don't tell you what those weaknesses are, so the stat, while relevant to his overall performance, is irrelevant for this discussion.
    Not when this was the comment "but the Sens and Caps picked on it to good effect in the playoffs ".

Sorry but unobstructed shots rarely beat Henrik. Most of the goals he lets in are either screens or rebounds that he cant get to.

vCash
    Like I said ... that's how they scored on him. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? He's not going to pitch a shutout in every game, but high to the glove side is where some shooters try to go on him and the better ones have success. Most shooters won't try it because there's a greater chance of missing high than roofing one over his glove. Instead, most shoot lower where there's a greater chance of getting it on net and getting a deflection, if not a direct shot through the netminder. Lundqvist is good down low because he plays deep in the net and goes post-to-post really well, so the few players with an accurate shot and the confidence to use it will pick on him high. Facts are facts.

Of course, the point of my original post (and why it's in this thread) was that the Rangers need to add an accurate booming shot from the point, like Weber's or Garrison's. I was "told" that that is not necessary because nhl caliber goaltenders don't allow goals on such shots without a screen. So there's a disagreement about that, not about Lundqvist's skills as a goaltender. But if anybody thinks he (or any other player) has no holes in his game, they are not looking at him realistically. He's human. He's a great golaie, but he's human.
    Last edited by dashripdot; 06-21-2012 at 08:13 AM.

vCash
    Like I said ... that's how they scored on him. Why is that so difficult to comprehend? He's not going to pitch a shutout in every game, but high to the glove side is where some shooters try to go on him and the better ones have success. Most shooters won't try it because there's a greater chance of missing high than roofing one over his glove. Instead, most shoot lower where there's a greater chance of getting it on net and getting a deflection, if not a direct shot through the netminder. Lundqvist is good down low because he plays deep in the net and goes post-to-post really well, so the few players with an accurate shot and the confidence to use it will pick on him high. Facts are facts.
    Dash,what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

vCash
    Oh ... okay.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    Dash,what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
    LOL! O'Doyle rules

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    greatest post on the new york rangers message boards ever.

vCash
    Is your nose always that far up his ***, or is this a special occasion?

vCash
    Is your nose always that far up his ***, or is this a special occasion?
    are you always this mad tho? you made a horrible point and tried to justify it because you wrote a long paragraph. everything you said was idiotic. just please shut up with your awful posts that bring nothing to the forums

vCash
    Dash have to agree with you i've played hockey pretty much my whole life and ALL GOALIES including the KING give up goals on long shots Lundquist gave up a couple in the playoffs. As for goalies having to control long shots its very difficult to control a 95+ MPH shot (Weber and Chara) are great examples so i dont know where theres others are coming from but i agree we do need someone with a shot like that for the pp easily our biggest weakness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey4Life View Post
    Dash have to agree with you i've played hockey pretty much my whole life and ALL GOALIES including the KING give up goals on long shots Lundquist gave up a couple in the playoffs. As for goalies having to control long shots its very difficult to control a 95+ MPH shot (Weber and Chara) are great examples so i dont know where theres others are coming from but i agree we do need someone with a shot like that for the pp easily our biggest weakness
    gee this doesnt look too odd a poster with 3 whole posts is commenting. Yeah that screams double account

vCash
    Bottom line Dash you said something that was incorrect, who cares. Everybody can move on and discuss how we get better and win a cup.

vCash
    Nope sorry have no idea who dash is but i have played at almost ever level in Hockey except the NHL so I do no a thing or two about hockey and hard shot are very hard to control even for NHL ALL-STAR calibor goalies

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockey4Life View Post
    Nope sorry have no idea who dash is but i have played at almost ever level in Hockey except the NHL so I do no a thing or two about hockey and hard shot are very hard to control even for NHL ALL-STAR calibor goalies
    Ya...same here...and past my prime I'm still playing Senior triple now and that still doesn't change the fact that it's not easy to score from the point without traffic it's a hit or miss, sure there's times a shot will go straight in but they are usually going in off of someone or as a result of a screen.

vCash
    Hockey4life and Bsi, so you guys played in the AHL, if not did you play in the real junior leagues, or NCAA D1 for a major program, or for your country? Im just asking cause it comes off like you have saying every major level besides the NHlL but playing low level juniors or diviion 3 NCAA isnt the same. Just saying.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast