Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    It doesn't look as though Garrison will leave FLA. they're pretty intent on signing him it seems, and are trying to do so before July 1st. I'd love to have him, but it doesn't seem as if he'll get there. What I'd really like is as follows:

Trade Dubinsky, AA, MDZ and a pick or prospect for Nash

Sign Garrison

Sign Gaustad

But I'm probably dreaming.
    I love everything you put here and hope this is what happens!

vCash
    Thanks, but like I said, I'm probably reaching on that.

But either way, they need a forward who can score, and another Dman who'll help the PP, can play 20+mins, and ideally plays the right side.

But I think a point that is being missed is the need for another checking forward, ideally a center who can win draws. Having just Richards and Boyle there hurt. Neither were dominant, both can be streaky, and statistically speaking, Dubi was their best at like 53%, and he's gonna be on the wing primarily.

Gaustad brings size, defense, physicality, smarts, good on the PK, excellent on the draw, blocks shots, can score 10-15 goals, and he can actually play 15-16 mins a night, not 10-13 like a normal 3rd liner. He'd be a great pick up.

vCash
    I'd rather sign Parise and trade off assets to replenish the farm. I think Arty is an interesting case. He leaves here and gets playing time and he's going to be a top performer for someone. I want to get value for Art, his best years are ahead of him, obviously.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    On the Topic though, would love Weber. If we could land Weber and mix in a scoring winger I think we would be golden. There is not much re-tooling that needs to be done IMO.
    New York Rangers - Atlanta Braves - New York Giants - Kobe Bryant

vCash
    I like AA, but I feel that after 3 full seasons, over 250 regular and postseason games, and blocks of ice time with players like Gabs and Cally, he's shown the type of player he is.

Love the kid, but I see him as a 3rd line guy who gives you 15-20 goals and 40-45 points. I just feel that that is his ceiling and he's reached it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
    I'd rather sign Parise and trade off assets to replenish the farm. I think Arty is an interesting case. He leaves here and gets playing time and he's going to be a top performer for someone. I want to get value for Art, his best years are ahead of him, obviously.
    Artie's whole problem comes from his strength. He needs to gain about 20 lbs to become a big power forward, he's too weak at this point to play against big players and maybe even more he just seems uninterested in doing it. I'm really surprised he hasn't bulked up by now, unless he just physically can't gain that weight. But time is running out on Arty here, I believe he was one of the guys Torts was talking about after the playoffs ended. He's got all the tools, can he gain some strength and intensity over the summer? I hope so.

vCash
    Few points.

First Parise will not be a Ranger he is probably going to get 8 millish cap hit with so few good forwards in FA.

Weber is same case. Price and contract will be too high for us.

Nash is going to cost too much and i dont think he is worth the price.

AA is a 3rd line player IMO and i think 20 goals is probably around max of goals he is going to score in a season.

Gaustad is not what we need. We need more scoring plain and simple. 15 goals from him will not cut it. We should learn our lesson and stop stocking up on 3rd line players. We need legit 2nd and 1st line players.

In a perfect world i would love to see another nice 2nd line center. Staal would be perfect but no chance Pitts trades him to us.

Hags-Rich-Gabs
    Kreider-Staal-Cally
    Dubi-Step-AA
    Rupp-Boyle-Prust

Could also trade AA for a legit RW.

vCash
    No way Parise signs a deal that's $8mil vs. the cap. He signs a front loaded, super long deal. I'd be shocked if he doesn't, and so will most.

Gaustad would be a secondary guy, behind another defenseman and a scoring winger. But to say they can't use an upgrade in the bottom six is foolish. They need quality depth everywhere.

If you think AA is a 3rd liner, who is going to give up a legit RW for him?

vCash

re

parise is going to detroit mark my words

vCash
    ^ yeah with Ryan Suter

vCash
    No way Parise signs a deal that's $8mil vs. the cap. He signs a front loaded, super long deal. I'd be shocked if he doesn't, and so will most.

Gaustad would be a secondary guy, behind another defenseman and a scoring winger. But to say they can't use an upgrade in the bottom six is foolish. They need quality depth everywhere.

If you think AA is a 3rd liner, who is going to give up a legit RW for him?
    Well we shall see in a few weeks what Parise's deal will be. MArk my words its 8 mill or damn close to it. With the league looking to get rid of those superlong deals and a new CBA coming i think it will be harder to write those deals. Add in the fact that a lot of teams have cap space with very few good forwards available and you have a spending frenzy.

We didnt lose in the playoffs because our bottom six were bad we lost because we didnt have enough scoring because our top 2 lines couldnt get it done. Gaustad doesnt help IMO.

I also wasnt talking just AA in a trade for a legit 3rd line winger. I meant it as AA plus to get an upgrade. To be honest I wouldnt be shopping AA but if you can get an upgrade then you trade him. I really didnt have anyone specific in mind. Personally i still try and trade for Radulov and Kostitsyn if the price wasnt too much. The FA market isnt too great and those guys may get way overpaid so a trade might be the best way for us to fix our scoring issues.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by freddy686 View Post
    parise is going to detroit mark my words
    I still think NJ is the favorite to resign him but Detriot isnt a bad choice either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Well we shall see in a few weeks what Parise's deal will be. MArk my words its 8 mill or damn close to it. With the league looking to get rid of those superlong deals and a new CBA coming i think it will be harder to write those deals. Add in the fact that a lot of teams have cap space with very few good forwards available and you have a spending frenzy.

We didnt lose in the playoffs because our bottom six were bad we lost because we didnt have enough scoring because our top 2 lines couldnt get it done. Gaustad doesnt help IMO.

I also wasnt talking just AA in a trade for a legit 3rd line winger. I meant it as AA plus to get an upgrade. To be honest I wouldnt be shopping AA but if you can get an upgrade then you trade him. I really didnt have anyone specific in mind. Personally i still try and trade for Radulov and Kostitsyn if the price wasnt too much. The FA market isnt too great and those guys may get way overpaid so a trade might be the best way for us to fix our scoring issues.
    I agree they need a premium scorer. But they also need depth. A guy like Gaustad, as a secondary signing, brings so much to the bottom 6.

Great defensively/PK, big, strong, physical, smart, unselfish, blocks shots, and he's elite in the circle.

Plus, he can legitimately play 15 minutes a night, not 5, and you'll get 10-15 goals and 30-40 points for a very reasonable cost.

Bottom line is he'd be a significant upgrade over Mitchell, Rupp, Feds, and maybe even guys like AA or Prust. And I like all of those guys well enough, but they need to get a bit better everywhere, and he makes them so.
    Last edited by nyr1980; 06-08-2012 at 11:42 PM.

vCash
    I agree they need a premium scorer. But they also need depth. A guy like Gaustad, as a secondary signing, brings so much to the bottom 6.

Great defensively/PK, big, strong, physical, smart, unselfish, blocks shots, and he's elite in the circle.

Plus, he can legitimately play 15 minutes a night, not 5, and you'll get 10-15 goals and 30-40 points for a very reasonable cost.

Bottom line is he'd be a significant upgrade over Mitchell, Rupp, Feds, and maybe even guys like AA or Prust. And I like all of those guys well enough, but they need to get a bit better everywhere, and he makes them so.
    Anyone else think that a trade for Weber does not solve our fundamental problem of needing another top scorer. While Weber would no doubt help the defensive unit and the powerplay, we need another 35-40 goal scorer on this team. We need to create offense because our defense is actually good enough.

MICHIGAN WOLVERINES

St. Louis Cardinals:
    1926 1931 1934 1942 1944 1946 1964 1967 1982 2006 2011
    New York Rangers:
    192728 193233 193940 199394
    New York Knicks
    :
    1970 1973
    New York Giants:
    1986 1990 2007 2011

"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are."

vCash
    Rangers need a big shot from the blueline, whether Weber, Suter or Garrison. Nash would not be worth the price in assets (in addition to a lot of cash for a long time), Parise would be a great add, but won't provide quite the number of goals the Rangers need spread over at least two lines. The additional scoring up front should come from Hagelin, Kreider and the rest of the young forwards vying for spots on the roster. Konopka is an interesting potential add to the fourth line because of how good he is in the circle, not to mention being able to drop the gloves after he wins a face-off. AA (lack of production) and Dubinsky (too expensive for what he brings) are expendable trade pieces; Fedotenko and Eminger shouldn't be brought back; Stralman comes back only if Sauer will remain out for an extended period. Interested to see Erixon and McIlrath in camp and who among them (and MDZ, although less likely to be dealt) are made part of a trade package. The blueline is deep -- unfortunately, nobody in that deep group has a threatening shot needed to support the power play.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast