Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by saintant182 View Post
    still on this weber talk... man i would love him but its not hard to see that we wont be going after him... our situation doesn't require us to chuck the earth at Nashville for him... its so obvious
    Pretty much this, exactly..

Would we like him, yeah. Do we need him, no. Have other more pressing needs, why not fill them first?

Makes sense to me...

vCash
    Originally Posted by saintant182
    still on this weber talk... man i would love him but its not hard to see that we wont be going after him... our situation doesn't require us to chuck the earth at Nashville for him... its so obvious

Would we like him, yeah. Do we need him, no. Have other more pressing needs, why not fill them first?

Makes sense to me...

The Rangers did go after him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post

Makes sense to me...

Not saying they didn't but according to who did they go after him?
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98

Makes sense to me...

Not saying they didn't but according to who did they go after him?
    <<<

Gee, type Weber Visits Rangers and find multiple sources including Weber's agent. I'm sure you can find them

IN case your search skills aren't working

>>> "It just seemed to be a better fit than New York," his agent, Jarrett Bousquet, told ESPNNewYork.com on Thursday.

Bousquet said his client's main deterrent with New York was the prospect of living in Manhattan.

"(Weber) is a small-town guy and (New York) is a huge city," Bousquet said. "With New York, it was nothing personal. He thought everything, from the ownership to the hockey operations to the coaching, was unbelievable. (Philadelphia) just seemed to be a better fit at this time in his career."
    <<<
    Last edited by NYSPORTS98; 07-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.

vCash
    Maybe he met with us, or at least spoke with us. I'm sure Sather kicked the tires, but was there ever a legit offer made?

And if there was, I highly doubt it was anywhere near what Philly put on the table.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Maybe he met with us, or at least spoke with us. I'm sure Sather kicked the tires, but was there ever a legit offer made?

And if there was, I highly doubt it was anywhere near what Philly put on the table.

Oh sure, I'm betting they offer half of what Suter received and expected him to sign.

Seriously?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYSPORTS98 View Post
    Oh sure, I'm betting they offer half of what Suter received and expected him to sign.

Seriously?
    I don't know, did they?

Wasn't saying they did or didn't, was asking. Do you honestly think Sather offered 100+M. I wouldn't, unless he said so himself. I doubt he was ever a serious player. He would have to inquire, he wouldn't be doing his job otherwise. Or maybe he didn't even talk money until he decided where he wanted to go. Who knows?
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 07-22-2012 at 09:28 PM.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011