Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Rangers thinking about trading for Weber

ESPN:
    If the New York Rangers can't land Justin Schultz, they may want to trade for Shea Weber instead of overpaying for Ryan Suter, who will be an unrestricted free agent. This is what the New York Post's Larry Brooks hears, but Weber is a restricted free agent who is one year away from unrestricted free agency. And if he gets to next summer without a long-term contract, he will likely demand more than Suter -- so either way, the Rangers will have to pay. But at least next summer, a new CBA will be in place so the salary cap will be more certain.
    what do you think.

vCash
    Always depends on the cost.

vCash
    He is a RFA and his qualifying offer is 7.5M I don't think Nashville gives him it, but we sure can and gladly will, look for one of Girardi/MDZ to go Nashville's way in a trade and honestly I rather it be MDZ.

vCash
    Way too much of a cost. There's no way we can afford that trade without giving up a ******* ton of talent, or Sather pulls a Gomez and makes a miracle happen. I don't see that happening. I'd love to have Weber though because of that clapper he has from the point. I think we should see how McIlrath pans out before we go tossing half our organization for Weber. It's sounding like he should develop into a Weber-ish kind of player anyway so we might have one there already.

I really think we are fine where we are. Gabby had a bad shoulder and still played, which isn't advisable, but still showed toughness and dedication although not producing. I still appreciate his courage. Kreider is going to turn into a beast and rip apart this league. He made such a statement during the playoffs and that's the toughest hockey to play in this world. Hags and MacTruck (mostly Hags) will hopefully gain a lot of experience from this season and tear it apart as well. I'd give Dubi another season too. He did come back with some good vitals so I'll stay on shore.

Basically, sign the FA's we need, let go of the ones we don't, and if a trade seems smart and logical and doesn't rip us apart then go for it. I'd just rather use homegrown talent like other teams have done to win.

vCash
    Florida's Jason Garrison would be a better option I think. 27 years old and an UFA. In 77 regular season games he went 16-17-33-+6-9 PPG.

He has a booming shot and can run a power play...which we desperately need.

vCash
    Weber would be a ****ing machine. I have been saying Suter since last year but I do agree that his price might be too high.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ElementCo27 View Post
    Way too much of a cost. There's no way we can afford that trade without giving up a ******* ton of talent, or Sather pulls a Gomez and makes a miracle happen. I don't see that happening. I'd love to have Weber though because of that clapper he has from the point. I think we should see how McIlrath pans out before we go tossing half our organization for Weber. It's sounding like he should develop into a Weber-ish kind of player anyway so we might have one there already.

I really think we are fine where we are. Gabby had a bad shoulder and still played, which isn't advisable, but still showed toughness and dedication although not producing. I still appreciate his courage. Kreider is going to turn into a beast and rip apart this league. He made such a statement during the playoffs and that's the toughest hockey to play in this world. Hags and MacTruck (mostly Hags) will hopefully gain a lot of experience from this season and tear it apart as well. I'd give Dubi another season too. He did come back with some good vitals so I'll stay on shore.

Basically, sign the FA's we need, let go of the ones we don't, and if a trade seems smart and logical and doesn't rip us apart then go for it. I'd just rather use homegrown talent like other teams have done to win.
    I wouldn't quite put Macilrath on the level of turning into Weber because from what I saw of him this year he doesn't play the same style as Weber. He's a much more physically based defensemen (and goon although that may be in his past now) and isn't that same kind of offensive juggernaut that Weber can be. IMO if the price is right you have to get a guy like him simply because of what he provides offensively as well as the power play and he's a really good defensemen to boot. It's a no brainer if it's possible and obviously you have to give up something good to get something good.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life View Post
    Florida's Jason Garrison would be a better option I think. 27 years old and an UFA. In 77 regular season games he went 16-17-33-+6-9 PPG.

You would have to think that Florida would keep him, there's no reason to let him go so we're going to have to spend to get him anyway
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Weber is the best defenseman in the NHL right now, so if you're trading for his rights, the price will be very steep. Nashville will likely want a top-4 defenseman, plus a top-6 forward, plus a nice prospect.

Any idea of the possibility of a deal for both him and Radulov?

That seems a logical possibility if they're looking at both of them.

Not sure I like that. It would seriously cut into the current roster to pull that off, and they're both in some kind of free agent status this summer, so you could end up losing both.
    Last edited by nyr1980; 06-05-2012 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Typo

vCash
    I'm sick of our team wasting money by signing free agents. I say stick with our prospects and build around who we have already. Focus on re-signing those who made an impact with our team in 2012. Our defense is fine. We need someone to quarterback our powerplay and another player to cause some dirt around the net. Other than that I honestly don't think we need to reach deep into our pockets and go into the free agency pool.

vCash
    Does Weber play the right side on D? I'm assuming he does as he's the right handed shot. I never pay attention to that. Anyone know for sure?

vCash
    Yeah hes on the right side, would be perfect to play with Staal or McDonagh!

But I am not getting my hopes up, Rangers also have interest in Kuba and Garrison, as well as the obvious Schultz

vCash
    im on the fence about signing a big time free agent.
    on one hand. we get an offensive/defensive boost with one of the guys we're discussing but we lose out on getting depth for a very good 3rd line. then again, with our style of play it looks like any of our youngins from within can step in and contribute.
    on the other hand. our team played great, we have our stars. all we need is a possible 2nd line upgrade (if lucky) or a bunch of upgrades for our 3rd and 4th lines. for the 7.5mil we'd pony up for weber we could sign an entire 3rd line better than ours.
    what do you guys think of this assessment

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers4Life View Post

Exactly! I've been telling people for weeks now that Garrison is the way to go. Kid is solid and has a hell of a shot from the point. Bring him in then nab a winger or two and we'd be well on our way.

vCash
    It doesn't look as though Garrison will leave FLA. they're pretty intent on signing him it seems, and are trying to do so before July 1st. I'd love to have him, but it doesn't seem as if he'll get there. What I'd really like is as follows:

Trade Dubinsky, AA, MDZ and a pick or prospect for Nash

Sign Garrison

Sign Gaustad

But I'm probably dreaming.

vCash

re

g52 bomber is insane .. he has a chara of a shot .. hes the cheap guy we need .. but i think every team in the league will be after him .. and any defenseman that does come available .. theres no way and hell we are out bidding detroit

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast