Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    vCash
    ^

Radulov comes here he be in the top 6, likely on the 1st or 2nd line, he will not play on the 3rd line. He is a huge threat with the puck, you don't bury that on the 3rd line.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    ^

Radulov comes here he be in the top 6, likely on the 1st or 2nd line, he will not play on the 3rd line. He is a huge threat with the puck, you don't bury that on the 3rd line.
    He plays RW so who gets moved, Gabs or Cally? I dont think either so i would try and create a lines of 2a and 2b.

With Gabs out until probably december Radulov will be on the top 2 lines at least until then. In the long run though i think fans worry about lines way too much. They think the 3rd line should be a grinding line but our ENTIRE team grinds so i dont think it really matters. Especially with Torts as our head coach. He plays who is playing well that night, so if Radulov is playing well he will get more ice time.

If you look at it in regards to talent they play with then sure 3rd line could be an issue with a player. If we stuck him on a line with Boyle and Prust with his play making ability then sure i can see him complain and not be happy. I think what we are forgetting is that Torts is our coach and i dont think he has ever seen a line combo he likes lol.

Either way time on ice is what really matters to players. Going by last year and not including Dmen our leading TOI guys were Cally, Richards, Gabs and Step in that order and it ranged from almost 19 mins to 21 mins. The dropoff was after that and it was Dubi with 16 mins. Cally who was almost a minute more then everyone else plays the PK and PP units so he is going to get more time, obviously. So everyone else was 19 or 20 mins.

It was pitiful that our PP was so bad and we had 4 forwards with 3-4 mins per game. No other forwards were even at 2 mins of PP time per game. If Radulov came here i would almost bet he gets close to the 4 mins of PP time that Cally or Gabs get per game plus another 14-16 mins of ES. Daniel Sedin only played a little over 18 mins a game. So the 3rd line aura wouldnt hold true for him. Radulov would allow us to have 2 potentially deadly PP units. Now the only other question is who is he going to play.

He would probably play with Richards until Gabs gets back but what about after? What if we went out and also signed his good friend Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn could play either wing and he probably wont cost much as an UFA coming off a 16 goal 36 pt performance. His game is similar to what Torts likes but the knock on him is his motivation but he played much better when he got to Nash from MTL, so it could have been the environment in MTL. He kind of goes with our grinding style but at least Kost has some scoring ability unlike some of our other players. If we get Radulov, Parise is prob not going to happen because we wouldnt be able to afford our RFA's coming up. This way we get 2 guys plus the ability to sign everyone coming up.

So maybe until Gabs gets back:

1.Hags Rich Radulov
    2.Kreider Step Cally
    3.Dubi AA Kost
    4.Rupp Boyle Prust

Thats 3 pretty good lines but when Gabs gets back:
    1.Hags Rich Gabs
    2a.Kreider Step Cally
    2b.Kost AA Radulov
    4.Dubi Boyle Prust

We also have the ability to make a trade or move the LWs around on who is performing and who is not. So if Dubi is doing well we can swap him for Hags or whoever. It leaves us options along with a chunk of cap space by signing Kost on the cheap and Radulov if this trade goes down. Personally i dont hate this option and it leaves us with some nice cap space to do other things.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    He plays RW so who gets moved, Gabs or Cally? I dont think either so i would try and create a lines of 2a and 2b.

With Gabs out until probably december Radulov will be on the top 2 lines at least until then. In the long run though i think fans worry about lines way too much. They think the 3rd line should be a grinding line but our ENTIRE team grinds so i dont think it really matters. Especially with Torts as our head coach. He plays who is playing well that night, so if Radulov is playing well he will get more ice time.

If you look at it in regards to talent they play with then sure 3rd line could be an issue with a player. If we stuck him on a line with Boyle and Prust with his play making ability then sure i can see him complain and not be happy. I think what we are forgetting is that Torts is our coach and i dont think he has ever seen a line combo he likes lol.

Either way time on ice is what really matters to players. Going by last year and not including Dmen our leading TOI guys were Cally, Richards, Gabs and Step in that order and it ranged from almost 19 mins to 21 mins. The dropoff was after that and it was Dubi with 16 mins. Cally who was almost a minute more then everyone else plays the PK and PP units so he is going to get more time, obviously. So everyone else was 19 or 20 mins.

It was pitiful that our PP was so bad and we had 4 forwards with 3-4 mins per game. No other forwards were even at 2 mins of PP time per game. If Radulov came here i would almost bet he gets close to the 4 mins of PP time that Cally or Gabs get per game plus another 14-16 mins of ES. Daniel Sedin only played a little over 18 mins a game. So the 3rd line aura wouldnt hold true for him. Radulov would allow us to have 2 potentially deadly PP units. Now the only other question is who is he going to play.

He would probably play with Richards until Gabs gets back but what about after? What if we went out and also signed his good friend Kostitsyn? Kostitsyn could play either wing and he probably wont cost much as an UFA coming off a 16 goal 36 pt performance. His game is similar to what Torts likes but the knock on him is his motivation but he played much better when he got to Nash from MTL, so it could have been the environment in MTL. He kind of goes with our grinding style but at least Kost has some scoring ability unlike some of our other players. If we get Radulov, Parise is prob not going to happen because we wouldnt be able to afford our RFA's coming up. This way we get 2 guys plus the ability to sign everyone coming up.

So maybe until Gabs gets back:

1.Hags Rich Radulov
    2.Kreider Step Cally
    3.Dubi AA Kost
    4.Rupp Boyle Prust

Thats 3 pretty good lines but when Gabs gets back:
    1.Hags Rich Gabs
    2a.Kreider Step Cally
    2b.Kost AA Radulov
    4.Dubi Boyle Prust

We also have the ability to make a trade or move the LWs around on who is performing and who is not. So if Dubi is doing well we can swap him for Hags or whoever. It leaves us options along with a chunk of cap space by signing Kost on the cheap and Radulov if this trade goes down. Personally i dont hate this option and it leaves us with some nice cap space to do other things.
    I don't think I want either of the Kostitsyns here anymore, they are bad news and though everyone is responsible for their own actions, I think it was likely a case of hanging out with a bad influence that got Radulov in trouble in the first place. I'm ok with Radulov but I think taking the two guys here to NY is just looking for trouble. I highly doubt Radulov is out on the town with Anisimov if he's here in NY. Also, I think someone from our minor system will be taking a spot or maybe two next year. I'm looking at JT Miller(after some time in the AHL) to be Mitchell's replacement and Christian Thomas to maybe make a case for making this team.
    Last edited by bsi; 06-05-2012 at 02:39 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    I don't think I want either of the Kostitsyns here anymore, they are bad news and though everyone is responsible for their own actions, I think it was likely a case of hanging out with a bad influence that got Radulov in trouble in the first place. I'm ok with Radulov but I think taking the two guys here to NY is just looking for trouble. I highly doubt Radulov is out on the town with Anisimov if he's here in NY. Also, I think someone from our minor system will be taking a spot or maybe two next year. I'm looking at JT Miller(after some time in the AHL) to be Mitchell's replacement and Christian Thomas to maybe make a case for making this team.
    Whats the worst they have done? Avery was bad news and Ranger fans loved him.

I would have to disagree with you on Kost. That game 2 he was one of the only good Nash players on the ice. He scored a goal and was a +1 (Spaling was only other + player). The entire team looked terrible so maybe they should have all went out for drinks lol. Its no secret he was never really happy in montreal and his production did go up once he got to nashville so i dont really hold too much into it. Players just dont mesh in certain areas and with our locker room and Cally as our captain i cant see any dumb stuff happening. Plus players break curfew all the time. Just ask the 86 Mets or 86-90 Giants. You think LT didnt break curfew lol. It got more attention then i think it deserved.

I also still think Miller is at least a year away and maybe longer. He is only 19 and hasnt even played in the AHL yet. I believe he went to the OHL but he probably needs more seasoning, so i doubt he is ready.

Thomas is just not strong enough to play in the NHL yet. He actually might not make the NHL because he still gets pushed off the puck too easy. Personally i think Thomas is a trade chip more then anything while Torts is our coach. MZA was more of a finished product then Thomas and he couldnt sniff the ice.

The only kids i see making this team out of camp are on the defensive side.

vCash
    Whats the worst they have done? Avery was bad news and Ranger fans loved him.

I would have to disagree with you on Kost. That game 2 he was one of the only good Nash players on the ice. He scored a goal and was a +1 (Spaling was only other + player). The entire team looked terrible so maybe they should have all went out for drinks lol. Its no secret he was never really happy in montreal and his production did go up once he got to nashville so i dont really hold too much into it. Players just dont mesh in certain areas and with our locker room and Cally as our captain i cant see any dumb stuff happening. Plus players break curfew all the time. Just ask the 86 Mets or 86-90 Giants. You think LT didnt break curfew lol. It got more attention then i think it deserved.

I also still think Miller is at least a year away and maybe longer. He is only 19 and hasnt even played in the AHL yet. I believe he went to the OHL but he probably needs more seasoning, so i doubt he is ready.

Thomas is just not strong enough to play in the NHL yet. He actually might not make the NHL because he still gets pushed off the puck too easy. Personally i think Thomas is a trade chip more then anything while Torts is our coach. MZA was more of a finished product then Thomas and he couldnt sniff the ice.

The only kids i see making this team out of camp are on the defensive side.
    Miller was up for 8 games of the AHL playoffs this year along with Thomas. As for Kostitsyn the reason the two brothers aren't in Montreal is because of this type of stuff and chumming around with well known coke dealers/biker gang members in Montreal. The Canadiens could use both of them but they couldn't have them around polluting the rest of the team, I personally think he's a bad apple and I don't want him, but that's just my opinion.

vCash
    If it came down to a Kostistyn on this team I would want Sergei.

vCash
    There is literally no way to know why Radulov went out but the fact of the matter is that he went out and did his team and himself a disservice. I never understand why anyone would want a guy like this on the team. The team has been built in the last couple of years as the type of team that is "one for all" all the time. Even the nhl playoff commercial for the rangers had this premise in its first line "Because on this team 23 play as one". Why should we bring in a guy who not only fled his NHL team, with whom he had a contract, but also abandoned the team during a playoff run by going out well past curfew. I just don't understand the rationale that the reward which isn't necessarily great is worth the risk. According to your logic, if he isn't strong enough to resist going out with Kostitsyn's persuasion why would you think he wouldn't mess around in New York City? I can assure you there is more to do here than in Nashville and more of the "crowd" that the Kostitsyns hung out with in Montreal here as well.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    There is literally no way to know why Radulov went out but the fact of the matter is that he went out and did his team and himself a disservice. I never understand why anyone would want a guy like this on the team. The team has been built in the last couple of years as the type of team that is "one for all" all the time. Even the nhl playoff commercial for the rangers had this premise in its first line "Because on this team 23 play as one". Why should we bring in a guy who not only fled his NHL team, with whom he had a contract, but also abandoned the team during a playoff run by going out well past curfew. I just don't understand the rationale that the reward which isn't necessarily great is worth the risk. According to your logic, if he isn't strong enough to resist going out with Kostitsyn's persuasion why would you think he wouldn't mess around in New York City? I can assure you there is more to do here than in Nashville and more of the "crowd" that the Kostitsyns hung out with in Montreal here as well.
    Ya, but he's young, he's been punished and there's a good chance it doesn't happen again, it's an opportunity to get a top line player at his lowest value. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out, best case scenario he scores 40 goals and gives us some added scoring punch which we need. Like I said before, him and his agent know what is required of players to play for Torts, if he's not comfortable with it or he isn't willing to toe that line then he won't sign with us plain and simple, he's got a contract offer in the KHL and I'm sure there's other teams that want him.

vCash
    What's the price for the rights on Radulov?

Anybody have a good idea?

vCash
    I don't know what the price is, I would guess it wouldn't be much as Rad has a contract offer with the KHL already and Nashville said they weren't signing him, so what something along a 2nd pick or am I crazy one way or the other? I mean we are trading for his rights before he becomes a free agent so I would think Nashville at this point would be happy getting a do over with Radulov's pick even if it's not a 1st round.

vCash
    Ya, but he's young, he's been punished and there's a good chance it doesn't happen again, it's an opportunity to get a top line player at his lowest value. Worst case scenario he doesn't work out, best case scenario he scores 40 goals and gives us some added scoring punch which we need. Like I said before, him and his agent know what is required of players to play for Torts, if he's not comfortable with it or he isn't willing to toe that line then he won't sign with us plain and simple, he's got a contract offer in the KHL and I'm sure there's other teams that want him.
    I'm not sure why you think he will change his attitude and not only that worst case scenario is not he doesn't work out, it is we pay him a good amount of money and he doesn't work hard is benched and we waste the money. Secondly he wants money and if the rangers give him the most he'll come here it's that simple. It's not as if Trotz is a guy who lets players slide all the time he is a hard *** almost the same way as Torts and honestly I don't know why he's worth the risk especially with all of the prospects who could potentially make the team next year. Just seems like a foolish move to me.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    I still dont see why the Radulov hate. If he doesnt work out he is loaned to the KHL and his cap hit is gone. So again if the price is right you make the trade. I also dont see why the price would be too high. I would say a 7th and if he signs a 2nd or something along those lines. I would be surprised if any team offered more then that.

The drug dealer thing with Kostitsyn is also overblown. How many Giants fans on here would want LT traded back in the day? He just didnt know coke dealers he used coke and lots of it. Or how about the whole Mets team in the 80s? if a player performs and with league drug testing now i dont really see a problem. Also if kost comes in here and scores 25-30 goals no one will give a crap. Torts also will either get the most out of Radulov and Kost or they are gone. Again if the price is good, we make those trades to fix our weaknesses.

BTW since Jones signed today for 4 yrs 16 mill the price just went up for Parise. There are not many good forwards left on the market. Parise, Semin, Doan and Whitney are prob the best but after that its pretty slim pickins IMO.

vCash
    I still dont see why the Radulov hate. If he doesnt work out he is loaned to the KHL and his cap hit is gone. So again if the price is right you make the trade. I also dont see why the price would be too high. I would say a 7th and if he signs a 2nd or something along those lines. I would be surprised if any team offered more then that.

The drug dealer thing with Kostitsyn is also overblown. How many Giants fans on here would want LT traded back in the day? He just didnt know coke dealers he used coke and lots of it. Or how about the whole Mets team in the 80s? if a player performs and with league drug testing now i dont really see a problem. Also if kost comes in here and scores 25-30 goals no one will give a crap. Torts also will either get the most out of Radulov and Kost or they are gone. Again if the price is good, we make those trades to fix our weaknesses.

BTW since Jones signed today for 4 yrs 16 mill the price just went up for Parise. There are not many good forwards left on the market. Parise, Semin, Doan and Whitney are prob the best but after that its pretty slim pickins IMO.
    The bolded part of your comment might be the dumbest piece of writing I have ever seen on this site. You clearly miss the point about the drug issue. The drug issue in Radulov and Kostitsyn case hindered performance and eventually had Kostitsyn sent to another team. In the case of the Giants and the Mets no one complained because LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time (Personally I think he is) and the Giants won 2 Superbowls. Moreover the Mets won the world series with one of the best rookie pitchers and hitters ever in baseball who were abusing certain substances. No one cared about the drugs because it didn't hinder them winning. Later on when Doc and Straw were having issues and the teams didn't win it became a problem. Radulov as far as I know hasn't done any illegal substances so I won't accuse him of doing any. I will accuse him of associating himself with a less than stellar crowd and as a result I think it would be a poor decision to sign him and if we do I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't sign him.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    The bolded part of your comment might be the dumbest piece of writing I have ever seen on this site. You clearly miss the point about the drug issue. The drug issue in Radulov and Kostitsyn case hindered performance and eventually had Kostitsyn sent to another team. In the case of the Giants and the Mets no one complained because LT is arguably the greatest defensive player of all time (Personally I think he is) and the Giants won 2 Superbowls. Moreover the Mets won the world series with one of the best rookie pitchers and hitters ever in baseball who were abusing certain substances. No one cared about the drugs because it didn't hinder them winning. Later on when Doc and Straw were having issues and the teams didn't win it became a problem. Radulov as far as I know hasn't done any illegal substances so I won't accuse him of doing any. I will accuse him of associating himself with a less than stellar crowd and as a result I think it would be a poor decision to sign him and if we do I hope I am wrong but I wouldn't sign him.
    Dont say something is the dumbest thing you have ever seen on this site when you dont even what you are talking about. First Radulov wasnt involved in the drug issue, so get a clue. Please tell me where you found that Kostitsyn failed a drug test? Plus what hindered Kost's performance? I can see you didnt watch that game because Kost had probably the best game of anyone on that team. He was also one of two players to be a + and he scored a goal. Also when did kostitsyn fail a drug test or even get charged with anything? And both Kostitsyns knew that drug dealer. Funny because when Sergei left Montreal his numbers skyrocketed. He never hit even 10 goals on MTL and then all of a sudden he scored 23 and then 17. Why couldnt that happen with Andrei? Oh wait they did. He went from 24 pts in 53 games with MTL to 12 pts in only 19 games with Nash.

Did you ever think it was maybe the constant head butting that they were having with the coach that caused the decrease in production not because he was hanging with the wrong crowd lol? It sounds like you are in high school with that comment.

You are also a huge hypocrit. Basically you are saying as long as the team is winning players can do whatever they want. LT and those 80s Mets did way worse things then missing curfew or being seen with shady characters. Your logic is its better to buy the drugs from the dealers and use them rather then just being seen with one as long as you win. Thats ridiculous and that is probably the dumbest thing on this site. Congrats

vCash
    I'm not sure why you think he will change his attitude and not only that worst case scenario is not he doesn't work out, it is we pay him a good amount of money and he doesn't work hard is benched and we waste the money. Secondly he wants money and if the rangers give him the most he'll come here it's that simple. It's not as if Trotz is a guy who lets players slide all the time he is a hard *** almost the same way as Torts and honestly I don't know why he's worth the risk especially with all of the prospects who could potentially make the team next year. Just seems like a foolish move to me.
    He's young, people make mistakes and learn from them. If he's not committed to playing hockey and doing what is required here in the NHL he just won't sign here, he's got a contract waiting for him in the KHL. If isn't 100 percent committed to it then the last place in the world he'd sign would be in NY under Tortorella. Also, for NY to be even looking at him after this year just tells you what kind of talent he is. Like I said before, this is a chance at a potential 40 goal scorer for what I would guess is a 2nd round pick. Give him a performance based contract and see what happens.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast