Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He's young, people make mistakes and learn from them. If he's not committed to playing hockey and doing what is required here in the NHL he just won't sign here, he's got a contract waiting for him in the KHL. If isn't 100 percent committed to it then the last place in the world he'd sign would be in NY under Tortorella. Also, for NY to be even looking at him after this year just tells you what kind of talent he is. Like I said before, this is a chance at a potential 40 goal scorer for what I would guess is a 2nd round pick. Give him a performance based contract and see what happens.
    this.

yeah, he's got his issues. yeah he made some stupid decisions regarding going out (he's 26. who here hasn't made stupid decisions at that age? hell, i still make stupid decisions now). you don't let that sort of thing create a pox on a players name. its not like he is a 10 time repeat offender where hes a disastrous locker room presence.

you move on. there is no question that this player adds to the overall talent level on our team. right now, he is more offensively talented than Artie, Step, Prust, Boyle, Fedo and Rupp. Duby's SEASON last year, he was a .44 PPG player in the regular season and a .22 PPG player in the playoffs (granted, it was a down year). Radulov was a .77 PPG player in the regular season and .75 PPG in the playoffs (small sample size for Radulov and all that, but its the point

big difference. i think when you have the chance to fill in a grinder role from within and add offensive talent from elsewhere, you gotta do it. especially when goal scoring is your problem.

....now if he's not the only player we get from Nashville...and one of those two defensemen come here...I'd be real happy.

vCash
    Was rumored this morning we traded for him from a Russian website, but it was shut down around 9:40 this morning. I was hoping it was true, apparently he is turning down 10M in Russia because he wants to play for the Rangers, lets hope it is true.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Dont say something is the dumbest thing you have ever seen on this site when you dont even what you are talking about. First Radulov wasnt involved in the drug issue, so get a clue. Please tell me where you found that Kostitsyn failed a drug test? Plus what hindered Kost's performance? I can see you didnt watch that game because Kost had probably the best game of anyone on that team. He was also one of two players to be a + and he scored a goal. Also when did kostitsyn fail a drug test or even get charged with anything? And both Kostitsyns knew that drug dealer. Funny because when Sergei left Montreal his numbers skyrocketed. He never hit even 10 goals on MTL and then all of a sudden he scored 23 and then 17. Why couldnt that happen with Andrei? Oh wait they did. He went from 24 pts in 53 games with MTL to 12 pts in only 19 games with Nash.

Did you ever think it was maybe the constant head butting that they were having with the coach that caused the decrease in production not because he was hanging with the wrong crowd lol? It sounds like you are in high school with that comment.

You are also a huge hypocrit. Basically you are saying as long as the team is winning players can do whatever they want. LT and those 80s Mets did way worse things then missing curfew or being seen with shady characters. Your logic is its better to buy the drugs from the dealers and use them rather then just being seen with one as long as you win. Thats ridiculous and that is probably the dumbest thing on this site. Congrats
    Let me respond the the hypocrite point first because again it's ridiculous. These players were already on the team we didn't go after them. And you can't say that you wouldn't want Crosby on your team if he was doind coke because that's the player you would compare LT to if you were doing that. Radulov would never have the same kind of impact that he did or that Doc Gooden or Strawberry would have he's simply not that good. So I'm not being a hypocrite since I am advocating to not sign a new player with issues of hanging out in poor crowds.

The drug thing you are completely missing the point. Kostitsyn didn't have this issue necessarily in Nashville so I'm not talking about his play there I was talking about his Montreal play. Secondly I said that I cannot accuse Radulov of taking anything at the end of my post because there is no way for me to know that and I would never claim to know it. My point being that he has exhibit lazy behavior as well as reckless behavior by the crowd that he puts himself in. I don't want to bring in a player like that if he is already on my team then what am I going to to do.

Also you assume that the only reason for the increase in production is from a change in coaches on different teams. You have literally no way of knowing what the cause is. It's just as likely to be that he hated French Canadians and likes people in Nashville better. There is no way to know what it is although in your case of confirmation bias it's only the coaches and nothing else.

Lastly don't assume that a player isn't doing drugs if they don't fail a drug test. I mean coke only stays in your system a few days so it is highly possible, and with the crowd Kostitsyn was with, probable that he was doing something in Montreal. This kind of thing has happened on the Rangers when they had to go fetch Fleury out of a crack den, so don't make it seem as if there is no way he wasn't abusing any substance simply because he never failed a drug test.

I just personally think it's to big of a risk to sign him and there is no need for it that's all.
    Last edited by Garden Faithful; 06-08-2012 at 01:12 PM.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garden Faithful View Post
    Let me respond the the hypocrite point first because again it's ridiculous. These players were already on the team we didn't go after them. And you can't say that you wouldn't want Crosby on your team if he was doind coke because that's the player you would compare LT to if you were doing that. Radulov would never have the same kind of impact that he did or that Doc Gooden or Strawberry would have he's simply not that good. So I'm not being a hypocrite since I am advocating to not sign a new player with issues of hanging out in poor crowds.

The drug thing you are completely missing the point. Kostitsyn didn't have this issue necessarily in Nashville so I'm not talking about his play there I was talking about his Montreal play. Secondly I said that I cannot accuse Radulov of taking anything at the end of my post because there is no way for me to know that and I would never claim to know it. My point being that he has exhibit lazy behavior as well as reckless behavior by the crowd that he puts himself in. I don't want to bring in a player like that if he is already on my team then what am I going to to do.

Also you assume that the only reason for the increase in production is from a change in coaches on different teams. You have literally no way of knowing what the cause is. It's just as likely to be that he hated French Canadians and likes people in Nashville better. There is no way to know what it is although in your case of confirmation bias it's only the coaches and nothing else.

Lastly don't assume that a player isn't doing drugs if they don't fail a drug test. I mean coke only stays in your system a few days so it is highly possible, and with the crowd Kostitsyn was with, probable that he was doing something in Montreal. This kind of thing has happened on the Rangers when they had to go fetch Fleury out of a crack den, so don't make it seem as if there is no way he wasn't abusing any substance simply because he never failed a drug test.

I just personally think it's to big of a risk to sign him and there is no need for it that's all.
    LOL you do realize that your post makes you seem more like a hypocrit right? You are telling me that i cant assume that they arent on drugs but you can assume that they are......really? Until he actually fails a drug test or any other substantial proof comes out that players are doing drugs you cant accuse them of it. You just dont know. Then you are assuming it wasnt the change of atmosphere that made Kost's numbers go up. Why not? How do you know it wasnt? Again you are assuming based off of nothing. I personally dont care what the reason was the fact is when he left MTL he played better. Thats FACT! Numbers prove it.

Then you are repeating the same old mantra of its ok if they are on drugs if they are good lol. Thats ridiculous and actually pretty sad. I wouldnt want anyone on drugs on my team. Parcells said his biggest failure ever was not helping LT stay off drugs.

Personally i understand that you and other fans dont want whatever player on the team and you are intitled to your own opinion but dont come on here and start saying its the dumbest thing you have ever read and base it off of nothing. You then didnt even know what you were talking about. You backed up your arguement with assumptions and no facts whatsoever. Get a clue before you try to insult people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmARanger18 View Post
    Was rumored this morning we traded for him from a Russian website, but it was shut down around 9:40 this morning. I was hoping it was true, apparently he is turning down 10M in Russia because he wants to play for the Rangers, lets hope it is true.
    Yeha i saw a Czezh article i believe that we acquired him. I dont believe it was true.

Its a shame i think Radulov could be a 70-80 pt guy here. I also think Kost would give us 20-30 goals which would be huge for us. Both guys i think are valued too low and could be had for much cheaper then their actual worth.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by aanddann View Post
    this.

yeah, he's got his issues. yeah he made some stupid decisions regarding going out (he's 26. who here hasn't made stupid decisions at that age? hell, i still make stupid decisions now). you don't let that sort of thing create a pox on a players name. its not like he is a 10 time repeat offender where hes a disastrous locker room presence.

you move on. there is no question that this player adds to the overall talent level on our team. right now, he is more offensively talented than Artie, Step, Prust, Boyle, Fedo and Rupp. Duby's SEASON last year, he was a .44 PPG player in the regular season and a .22 PPG player in the playoffs (granted, it was a down year). Radulov was a .77 PPG player in the regular season and .75 PPG in the playoffs (small sample size for Radulov and all that, but its the point

big difference. i think when you have the chance to fill in a grinder role from within and add offensive talent from elsewhere, you gotta do it. especially when goal scoring is your problem.

....now if he's not the only player we get from Nashville...and one of those two defensemen come here...I'd be real happy.
    Couldnt agree with you more. Who hasnt made a dumb decision once or twice in their life.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by commonsense12 View Post
    Yeha i saw a Czezh article i believe that we acquired him. I dont believe it was true.

Its a shame i think Radulov could be a 70-80 pt guy here. I also think Kost would give us 20-30 goals which would be huge for us. Both guys i think are valued too low and could be had for much cheaper then their actual worth.
    I wouldn't mind them both here but I want Radulov here the most. Especially since we will not dish out 8M a year for Parise.

vCash
    Parise will not see $8mil a year vs the cap. Even if he's one of the 10 best players in the league. He signs a deal probably very close to what Richards signed, maybe a bit more cause he's younger.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr1980 View Post
    Parise will not see $8mil a year vs the cap. Even if he's one of the 10 best players in the league. He signs a deal probably very close to what Richards signed, maybe a bit more cause he's younger.
    So you think a team will gamble over 6 mill of dead cap space after he turns 35? Tim Thomas is one of those over 35 players who even if he retires and doesnt play his 5 mill cap hit will count against the cap. i ask this because rumors about the new CBA are that retired players especially from this long deals that everyone knows will not finish the contract will count against the cap no matter what. So all the Kovies, richards, carter, Hossa, pronger, luongo etc deals will destroy teams and give them the big F U for trying to get around the cap.

So if you are a GM do you give Parise one of those deals and risk a large portion of your cap future?

Either way i would be surprised if at minimum he gets less then in the 7.5 range a year. The cap is much more money and in terms of percentage 7.5 isnt as much as it once was. There are talks the cap could be upwards of 70 mill. Do you not spend 11% on a Parise type player? Add in the fact that a ton of teams have cap space and i think we are going to see some crazy spending on FA's this year.

vCash
    If Parise hits the free agent maket he's gonna get big money, mostly because most teams could use a player like him, teams like Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary are all desperate to make a playoff run and that's just the canadian teams. The only way he signs for less than 7 mill is if he resigns with NJ for long term.

vCash
    His negotiating rights have been traded to Russian team!!!!

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/articl...ts-673883.html

"It Is.....What It Is!!!"

vCash
    I believe that's his KHL rights....here's an article.
    http://en.rian.ru/sports/20120613/174010409.html

vCash
    He can still sign a deal with an NHL team.

vCash
    His KHL rights were traded to another KHL team. Leagues dont trade outside of their own, however players can be loaned to other leagues. This happens with an older player with an overpaid contract. This happened with Huet with Chicago and pretty sure it happened with Nylander with Caps.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123