Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Rangers Talking To Nashville About Radulov

According to Larry Brooks in the NY Post, the Rangers are attempting to acquire the rights to pending RFA Alexander Radulov of the Nashville Predators.

Brooks writes that Sather and Nashville GM David Poile are beyond the “kicking tires” stage of talking and the Rangers are urgently trying to acquire his rights so that they have a window to try and sign him before July 1.

Radulov, 25, has a big offer from the KHL on the table but Brooks rights that Radulov is believed to want to stay in the NHL.

Radulov has won the KHL MVP Award three straight years.

After returning to the Predators for their playoff run, Radulov had seven points in nine regular season games and 6 points in eight playoff games.

Radulov was suspended for two games after breaking curfew in the Nashville series against Phoenix.
    http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2012/0...#disqus_thread

I am all for this move, Nashville knows they wont sign him, so honestly a 3rd round pick may get it done. He may be a head case much like Zherdev was but he has the talent to be a consistent 30 goal scorer at just the young age of 25.

If he is motivated to play, he can easily be our best forward next to Gaborik. I am all for it.

vCash
    while i would love him, torts will sit him when he doesnt block a shot

props to sfgiants5518

GO 'CUSE

vCash
    Idk I think if he is motivated here he will be an animal. Coming to NY, a bigger city, a better team, I think he could perform well.

vCash
    The cost to trade for him may be minimal since Nashville knows that he's gonna want a huge contract or he'll just go back to the KHL. But that is also our predicament, is he gonna play to his contract. I personally would only make the deal if he'll sign for no more that 4.5 mil. per. I'd rather spend my money on Zach Parise as he's a better player, can play in our system and won't cost us anything but cash.

vCash
    The cost won't be that minimal, the only thing that could benefit us is if Radulov wants to come here because there's a ton of teams that would be wanting him. Toronto, Montreal and Detroit would top that list.

vCash
    Yeah 2 out of those 3 are not playoff, let alone Stanley Cup material like we are, which I think will make his decision easier.

vCash
    He's also got a big contract from the team Fedorov manages in the KHL. I'd love to have him though, be great when Gaborik came back, but I have a feeling this is the last time Dubinsky dresses for NY if this deal goes down, and I kinda like Dubi's intangebles and I thought our second line was much better with him when he came back but to get a scorer ya gotta give something up, I'm ok with it.

vCash
    I'll pass on this guy. The potential is there and I don't doubt his skill, but he has a poor work ethic from what I've watched in the playoffs this year. He's got Zherdev written all over him, and we all know how that turned out. This guy will end up giving Torts a heart attack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MJL80 View Post
    I'll pass on this guy. The potential is there and I don't doubt his skill, but he has a poor work ethic from what I've watched in the playoffs this year. He's got Zherdev written all over him, and we all know how that turned out. This guy will end up giving Torts a heart attack.
    He's not Zherdev in the fact that he plays stronger on the puck. I do realize he's a bit of a risk, but so is not having a top line winger for two months of the year, so I guess I'm ok with giving him a try as long as we don't have a long multi year high dollar contract attached

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bsi View Post
    He's not Zherdev in the fact that he plays stronger on the puck. I do realize he's a bit of a risk, but so is not having a top line winger for two months of the year, so I guess I'm ok with giving him a try as long as we don't have a long multi year high dollar contract attached
    A bit of a risk would be someone who loses focus during the regular season and takes a few games off. Radulov, on the other hand, is a big risk because he missed curfew during the playoffs, when most players don't even go out aside from eating. This is another Zherdev mentality player waiting to happen and even with all the skill he possesses it just doesn't seem worth the risk to me.
    Averymustgo...must go

vCash
    I feel like this team needs a risky player like this.
    Everybody on this team plays by the book, with very little creativity. Maybe Radulov can be that X factor they're desperately in need of.

If it doesn't cost us much I see no problem with it, especially given the depth of our minor league system and the overall age and situation our team is in.

vCash
    We won't make playoffs without Gaborik until December so this could be an easy fix without selling the farm so I'm all for it. I really doubt Radulov pulls the same crap in NY, it's public knowledge how our team is coached and if Radulov is serious about playing he'll sign here, if not he won't because he like everyone else knows that you can't mess with Torts or you'll be on the outside looking in. I see him signing a short term deal with us, 2 years tops if he does sign here. The other thing is there's no other players on this team that gets themselves into hot water of the type he got in with Kostitsyn. It's easy to blame someone else but this type of thing has followed the Kostitsyn's. I don't see him being a problem here, I really don't see him signing here if he doesn't plan on playing, I don't think he really cared about Nashville and he only came back to get closer to the end of his contract with them.
    Last edited by bsi; 06-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.

vCash
    First off, I'm a big Alexander Radulov fan. He's a very good top six forward, who has a lethal offensive game. With that said, he would not fit in New York due to John Torterella.

Alexander Radulov can seriously hit 70 points. He's more of a playmaker, but he can finish. His shot is quite average, but he gets himself in the right places, and finds open teammates. He can control the puck.

He really doesn't move much without the puck. If it's too far from him, he won't skate. He goes from 0 try to 100 when he touches the puck. When he loses it, he's usually done on the play. His defensive game isn't bad, but he really doesn't care much for it.

He'll also cost more than a third rounder, RFA and trouble or not. He's a valuable player, and reports are, he'd like to stay in the NHL.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BranWingss View Post
    First off, I'm a big Alexander Radulov fan. He's a very good top six forward, who has a lethal offensive game. With that said, he would not fit in New York due to John Torterella.

Alexander Radulov can seriously hit 70 points. He's more of a playmaker, but he can finish. His shot is quite average, but he gets himself in the right places, and finds open teammates. He can control the puck.

He really doesn't move much without the puck. If it's too far from him, he won't skate. He goes from 0 try to 100 when he touches the puck. When he loses it, he's usually done on the play. His defensive game isn't bad, but he really doesn't care much for it.

He'll also cost more than a third rounder, RFA and trouble or not. He's a valuable player, and reports are, he'd like to stay in the NHL.
    I agree with most of what you are saying here, however the same thing was said about Gaborik before he got here and he's been a good player for us, when he's healthy ofcourse. Gaborik frustrates Torts by times too but he knows he's key to the success of this team, much like Radulov would be as well. People that point to Zherdev or Wolski as comparables in the way that Torts would view them haven't watched much of Radulov as he's a stronger version with more bite than the two of them put together. My only concern is that he's typically a RW, and we've got Gaborik and Callahan on the right side already, if he could play left wing or preferably center he'd be a perfect fit between Kreider and Callahan on the #2 line.

vCash
    This is one of those trades were you dont know how to view it until you hear the price IMO. If we dont give up any major assets and Radulov signs a decent contract then it could really work out well. If we give up a top prospect and sign him to a insanely high contract then it could be a huge fail.

Personally i would like to see a later pick for negotation rights and then a multi year deal worth around 4 mill.

I would then split up the lines to have scoring threats on all lines. We cant continue playing with no offense and constantly in our our end.

Lines looking something like:

Hags Rich Gabs
    Kried Step Cally
    Dubi AA Radulov
    Rupp Boyle Prust

Obviously Players can rotate from one line to another but we have offensive strengths on every line. It also doesnt include the possible signings of a Schultz or Parise. Also radulovs contract and Dubi's status can determine whether we have enough cap space to make a run at Parise but if he signs for around 4 millish and not 5-6ish we can have enough to add another high impact offensive player.

Either way we can all agree that we need more offense going into next year.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast