Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beltrans Mole View Post
    Well why the hell would you compare Dickey to Verlander or Kershaw when clearly they are the better pitchers to have?? I mean jeez. The question was asked because it's a good question up for the debate...this is a sports forum, correct? Lincecum is having a terrible year and Dickey is having an amazing year, and for that reason people feel the gap between them has been bridged and it's frankly a toss-up.
    It's an awful comparison. Based off of this season Lincecum is arguably the worst pitcher in the National League. What's the point then? Obviously we're not comparing careers here because then it wouldn't even be close.

Should I start an Phil Hughes vs. Tim Lincecum thread? That way I can feel good about being a Yankees fan. That Hughesy, he sure gives up a lot of home runs but he's still better than Big Time Timmy Jim... right now that is.

vCash
    Didn't bother reading through the whole thread, but I'm inclined to pick Dickey actually. Lincecum has had better stuff, but he's declining. I don't think this is just an off year, someone of his stature with his mechanics is bound lose velocity and movement. Dickey may be 38, but he is a 38 year old knuckleballer, which makes it very possible for him to continue to pitch with success for quite a few years. Obviously nothing is guaranteed, but at this point, my feeling is Dickey might actually pitch longer than Lincecum. That's how worried I would feel about Timmy's decline.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    The answer is Lincecum... RA Dickey is 38...

This isn't a tough question at all.
    This sums it all up

vCash

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456