Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

R.A. Dickey or Tim Lincecum

If you were a GM, and your owner gave you the money to sign either of these two pitchers to a LONG TERM contract (5+ years, X amount of money.) Who would you sign? You cannot sign both. Take into account age/price/consistence/talent/potential. You HAVE to offer 5 years to both pitchers. You can offer Lincecum X amount of money, but Dickey will accept .5X-.75X of what you offer Lincecum.

If you really think about it, it is a tougher question than you want to admit.

vCash
    The answer is Lincecum... RA Dickey is 38...

This isn't a tough question at all.
    Son, you just don't get it, i'm talking bout TWTW!

vCash

Depends where my team is. If I only have a window of a couple of years left to win I go with Dckey. If my team is on it's way to being a force for years to come I go Timmy

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whitesoxfan83 View Post
    The answer is Lincecum... RA Dickey is 38...

This isn't a tough question at all.
    Pretty much says it.

Why not ask if we want Jamie Moyer or Strasburg
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nymetsrule View Post
    If you were a GM, and your owner gave you the money to sign either of these two pitchers to a LONG TERM contract (5+ years, X amount of money.) Who would you sign? You cannot sign both. Take into account age/price/consistence/talent/potential. You HAVE to offer 5 years to both pitchers. You can offer Lincecum X amount of money, but Dickey will accept .5X-.75X of what you offer Lincecum.

If you really think about it, it is a tougher question than you want to admit.
    Timmy

and I'm a Mets fan.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash

You guys are so quick to pick lincecum. Not saying it's the wrong choice but I'd be skeptical signing him to 5+ years with the amount of money he wants after the year he has put up. his velocity continues to drop every year.

I'm not even considering Dickey in this though. Just the fact that Lincecum and a long term contract is pretty scary

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    You guys are so quick to pick lincecum. Not saying it's the wrong choice but I'd be skeptical signing him to 5+ years with the amount of money he wants after the year he has put up. his velocity continues to drop every year.

I'm not even considering Dickey in this though. Just the fact that Lincecum and a long term contract is pretty scary
    Yet you'd offer a 5 year deal to a 38 year old? Lincecum is the obvious choice.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulls_fan90 View Post

Yet you'd offer a 5 year deal to a 38 year old? Lincecum is the obvious choice.
    He said it would be a cheaper deal. At a cheaper deal I'd rather sign Dickey actually. He seems to have gotten better with age. Age doesn't have the same decline effect on knuckleballers compared to other pitchers. You are just looking at age. You aren't comparing Lincecum's sharp declinr to Dickey's steady improvement/consistent pitching. So no, Lincecum is not the obvious choice

vCash
    Also, before you talk about his statistics in past years, I'm talking about his sharp drop in velocity and how it'll likely continue to drop with his mechanics

vCash
    DICKey or LinceCUM? Tough choice
    Team announced that Eddy Curry had an MRI that revealed strained right hamstring. Out 4-6 weeks. He will not travel with the team to Europe.
    http://twitter.com/alanhahn

vCash
    He said it would be a cheaper deal. At a cheaper deal I'd rather sign Dickey actually. He seems to have gotten better with age. Age doesn't have the same decline effect on knuckleballers compared to other pitchers. You are just looking at age. You aren't comparing Lincecum's sharp declinr to Dickey's steady improvement/consistent pitching. So no, Lincecum is not the obvious choice
    Cheaper deal, yes...but only 1/2 or 3/4 discount.

So, if Lincecum gets 5 years and $100, that puts Dickey at 5 years and $50/75....which is just too much for Dickey.

Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

[QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120 View Post
    Cheaper deal, yes...but only 1/2 or 3/4 discount.

So, if Lincecum gets 5 years and $100, that puts Dickey at 5 years and $50/75....which is just too much for Dickey.
    Just like 100 for 5 is too much for lincecum. I feel like Dickey is a safer deal. Call me crazy, but knuckleballers don't decline the way other ptichers do. I would only give Dickey 5/50 though. No way I would give him 5/75. In a realistic situation I wouldn't sign either of them to those deals.

If I were to sign Dickey to 5 years I think the max I would go is 30mil.

vCash
    yea...lincecum and its not even close. Dickey doesnt have the impressive track record that Timmy does. Has Dickey even pitched in the playoffs before?

RETURN OF THE MAC

Rec: 25 Yards: 429 TD: 4

vCash
    This question is asking for trouble. Most people will not take into consideration all the facts and will only bas their decisions on the value of the names. Ask this question again at the end of the season and answers will change.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post
    yea...lincecum and its not even close. Dickey doesnt have the impressive track record that Timmy does. Has Dickey even pitched in the playoffs before?
    track record doesn't mean anything. Lincecum doesn't have the same "car" anymore and it's showing this season. Dickey was a fastball pitcher that converted to a knuckleballer

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast