Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jason Bay

vCash

Jason Bay

Do we really want this guy to come back? I understand he's owed a boat load (scratch that, a yacht load) of money but wouldnt it be better if we just made him the highest paid clubhouse man in baseball history?

Just a suggestion.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    At this point, any right hand bat is welcome, and we're running low on OF's. There's always hope?

vCash
    The Mets need another RH bat and am ok with Bay platooning and when they face lefties have Hairston in there with Bay too and the offense should be better.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    The Mets need another RH bat and am ok with Bay platooning and when they face lefties have Hairston in there with Bay too and the offense should be better.
    Tell it to the Marines. Make him the 5th outfielder behind Hairston. But better the clubhouse boy.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    we need another OF

we need a right handed bat

he fits the bill for both, i just hope there is no more sense of loyalty with him and they limit his playing time if he sucks

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by utl768 View Post
    we need another OF

we need a right handed bat

he fits the bill for both, i just hope there is no more sense of loyalty with him and they limit his playing time if he sucks
    Generally, it's a good idea that a right handed bat hit the ball every now and then. Yes, he's an outfielder. No, I don't like him as our right handed bat.

One out of two is bad.

vCash
    I think, just like with wright, that bay can rebound this season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tsunami View Post
    I think, just like with wright, that bay can rebound this season.
    Who am I to argue? I thought this team was going to lose 100 games this season.

vCash
    I just hope it is Torres that gets sent to the bench first, and not The Captain.
    Go Grab My Belt

Crossed the Rubicon, let the bridge be burned
    vCash
    Vs LH

.273 .438 .818 1.256

.300 .418 .500 .918

His last 9 games vs both...

.290 .353 .613 .966
    RIP Paul Kuznetz aka uapeople

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna28 View Post
    I'm all for Bay playing everyday. I don't mind, I understand with the contract situation.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NoQuarter View Post
    Vs LH

.273 .438 .818 1.256

.300 .418 .500 .918

His last 9 games vs both...

.290 .353 .613 .966
    I get that. And i also can't get out of my mind his endless flailing away for the better part of the last 3 seasons. I also love the way this team is gelling right now and i hate throwing someone like Bay into the mix not because of his performance but because of his contract.

But i understand. It's not personal, it's business.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    I just hope it is Torres that gets sent to the bench first, and not The Captain.
    We'll probably seeing a Torres/Nieuwenhuis platoon in CF. I wish they'd just send Ike down so we could put Duda at 1B, and Bay, Nieuwenhuis, and Torres in the OF.

vCash
    I don't want to send Ike down, let him work through this.
    There are no men like me, only me.

vCash
    He's way past that. Have you watched him lately? It's cringeworthy.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fanofclendennon View Post
    I get that. And i also can't get out of my mind his endless flailing away for the better part of the last 3 seasons. I also love the way this team is gelling right now and i hate throwing someone like Bay into the mix not because of his performance but because of his contract.

But i understand. It's not personal, it's business.
    With such an abundance of lefties, you're going to see a lot of platoon type situations anyway. You can't send 7 lefty bats out there every night.

So here's an idea:

1. Send Ike to the minors.
    2. Move Duda to 1B.
    3. Bay is in LF
    4. Kirk is in CF
    5. Torres to RF

So if want a balanced lineup, it looks like:

1. Tejada (R) - SS
    2 Kirk (L) - CF
    3. Wright (R) - 3B
    4. Duda (L) - 1B
    5. Murphy (L) - 2B