Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 1102

Thread: Supplements

  1. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    well you were talking about weight loss, not muscle development. and insulin a hormone responsible for body fat storage.

    and if you want to gain weight, insulin can be your best friend. when i bulk i eat a lot of sugar and carbs to get my insulin up. but now that i'm shredding i try to eat only a small amount of carbs and sugars. it's not completely unnecessary, but it is a highly effective way to burn fat without starving yourself. and that is eat a lot of fat and protein.
    Since when is insulin responsible for body fat storage?

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Just got my order of Orange Triad and Craze from getrippednutrition.com! Got a few free samples too. Can anyone tell me what to expect from Maximize Intense Mango Peach and Controlled Labs Purple Wrath?

    And for anyone interested in trying Craze but not wanting to try the "Candy Grape" flavor that is comparable to cough medicine, a new flavor was just released this week! It's called Crazolade and is only available on BB.com until June 24th when it is released everywhere. I just ordered some new Candy Grape, but once I finish my current tub and that one, I'm looking forward to trying it!
    Last edited by Cubs Win; 06-07-2012 at 08:59 PM.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,587
    vCash
    2100
    umad I've already tried crazolade?

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    7,303
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    umad I've already tried crazolade?
    YES!

    What did you think of it?!

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Nope. Not true.
    whatever. i don't see how you can see other wise but that's your loss.
    **********

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    Since when is insulin responsible for body fat storage?
    insulin does not necessarily result in weight gain. however, when it's from carbs it does. Insulin also stops the use of fat as an energy source by inhibiting the release of glucagon.

    this can also lead to diabetes.
    **********

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,587
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    whatever. i don't see how you can see other wise but that's your loss.
    Yes, It's my loss that I believe things that are proven by clinical, peer-reviewed research and trails. You're right

    Keep living in the stone-age, brosef. No skin off my teeth.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cubs Win View Post
    YES!

    What did you think of it?!
    I only got a sample from a friend, but it tasted significantly better than grape.




    Side note: iForce has a number of new products coming out soon. Grape Maximize Intense, a completely new Intra product called Compete (Will come in Lemon Drop, Tangerine and Fruit Punch), and two new flavors of Protean (that are yet to be announced, but they're believed to follow the dessert theme, like the rest of the line.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Yes, It's my loss that I believe things that are proven by clinical, peer-reviewed research and trails. You're right

    Keep living in the stone-age, brosef. No skin off my teeth.
    you can talk to 10 different experts and get 10 different instructions to lose weight. but according to you there is just 1 way and that's your way.
    **********

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    insulin does not necessarily result in weight gain. however, when it's from carbs it does. Insulin also stops the use of fat as an energy source by inhibiting the release of glucagon.

    this can also lead to diabetes.
    That is just not true. Again, it depends on calories in vs calories out. If you eat more calories than maintenance, than that is when it is stored.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    That is just not true. Again, it depends on calories in vs calories out. If you eat more calories than maintenance, than that is when it is stored.
    again, "Insulin also stops the use of fat as an energy source by inhibiting the release of glucagon"

    if your body has no carbs to use for energy, it will resort to fat. I don't see how that's wrong
    **********

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    again, "Insulin also stops the use of fat as an energy source by inhibiting the release of glucagon"

    if your body has no carbs to use for energy, it will resort to fat. I don't see how that's wrong
    That part is true, yes. But the release of insulin does not cause weight gain. It just absorbs glucose.

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,834
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BKdoubleStacker View Post
    That part is true, yes. But the release of insulin does not cause weight gain. It just absorbs glucose.
    when it is released due to carbs it does over time.
    **********

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    4,536
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    when it is released due to carbs it does over time.
    Okay. So If my maintenance for cals is 3000, and I eat 2500, you are telling me I am going to gain weight if I dont low carb?

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,587
    vCash
    2100
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    you can talk to 10 different experts and get 10 different instructions to lose weight. but according to you there is just 1 way and that's your way.
    Anyone with a degree in nutrition will tell you that your body weight is entirely determined by calories in vs. calories out.

    It's not the most complex thing in the world. Quite sensical and simple, actually.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    37,587
    vCash
    2100
    To further prove what most of us already know:

    For 10 weeks, Mark Haub, a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University, ate one of these sugary cakelets every three hours, instead of meals. To add variety in his steady stream of Hostess and Little Debbie snacks, Haub munched on Doritos chips, sugary cereals and Oreos, too.

    His premise: That in weight loss, pure calorie counting is what matters most -- not the nutritional value of the food.

    The premise held up: On his "convenience store diet," he shed 27 pounds in two months.
    For a class project, Haub limited himself to less than 1,800 calories a day. A man of Haub's pre-dieting size usually consumes about 2,600 calories daily. So he followed a basic principle of weight loss: He consumed significantly fewer calories than he burned.

    His body mass index went from 28.8, considered overweight, to 24.9, which is normal. He now weighs 174 pounds.

    But you might expect other indicators of health would have suffered. Not so
    Haub's body fat dropped from 33.4 to 24.9 percent. This posed the question: What matters more for weight loss, the quantity or quality of calories?
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/11/08...sor/index.html

Page 8 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •