Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 58 of 74 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplements

vCash
    Like anything else, you get what you pay for. You'll get the best results with a balanced stack. For a year I had ON Whey and Jack3d as my stack. Then I found BB.com and blew up 15 lbs and my numbers sky rocketed by putting up a new PR each week. If you can't wait thats fine, but I strongly advise saving for a good stack for the best results.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212 View Post
    i got graham cracker whey for my next protein, by ON anyone try it?
    ON's flavoring is always gross.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Alright guys I am in need of supp advice.

Down at school I was a gym regular from 2008-2011. Since moving back to Chicago though and starting work I had completely gotten away from it, just because of a total lack of time. Last week though I finally got around to signing back up at a gym, and am re-dedicating myself. Now here's my predicament...

At school I basically followed the routine of my roommate from day 1. He was a workout freak, maxed on all the machines, it was/is his life. So I would just do all the same stuff he did, but less of it, and I would throw him some cash every month to partake in the supplements he was using, never buying any of my own.

So that's a full year ago now, and I need to make some purchases on my own. What I'm specifically interested in is the best of the following for the least amount of money. That is to say, I don't need the absolute best on the market if it costs some insane price, I just want the most bang for my buck.

Basic protein (I always used whey, but I've heard good things about alternatives)
    Creatine
    Something for post-workout.

Also fwiw all his stuff was flavored vanilla or cookies 'n cream, and so I really developed a taste for those two flavors. So in your recommendations, if you know of stuff that fits that mold, that'd be great.

And finally I need a reliable site at which to purchase this stuff.

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Protein: Trutein, Xtreme Formulations, iForce Protean, CL Pronom, Gaspari Myofusion, Dymatize Casein

Creatine: Any bulk creatine mono -- cheap and effective

Post workout: Food. Post workout supplements are pointless. Meal timing doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by turnaround3 View Post
    Rebirth I appreciate the find but I don't have almost $200 to drop on a stack at the moment, unfortunately.

As for this though...

That looks like a pretty good deal. Can anyone recommend or vouch for this particular protein? If I could get one or two people to back it up as good then I'll probably go ahead and order it today.
    Vanilla is better than chocolate. Both are good.

vCash
    Went ahead and got the deal on MuscleHQ for the 4lb pronom. Thanks again for all the help guys. Only question now, I paid the standard 5$ flat rate shipping, but it doesn't list an estimated arrival date. Anyone know how quick they are and whether or not I'll have a shot at this arriving by the end of the week?

Brandon Marshall.

He really wants to play a game in January.

vCash
    I ordered 3 of the C4 deal they ran the other week. It said I would have it by today or tomorrow. But I've checked the tracking info they gave me and it STILL says that all they have is the electronic shipping info. Corey..whats up with that?

vCash
    Mine doesn't even have an estimated delivery date. When you say "the other week" Rebirth do you mean like last week, or the week before? Basically what I'm asking is how many days from the order date did they tell you you'd have the package in?

Brandon Marshall.

He really wants to play a game in January.

vCash
    I just checked, I ordered it on November 23rd. It says that it was shipped the 25th via USPS Priority Mail. We'll see if it comes tomorrow.

vCash
    Dunno, I already received my C4 on Friday.

vCash
    Everyone has different opinions when it comes to taste... I like on products... I have tried other products that people rave about but I truly find them to sweet for me.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    HW: Brock "The White Gorilla"Lesnar
    MW: Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida
    WW: Jonny "BIGG RIGG" hendricks
    LW: Nate Diaz
    FLW: John "The Magician" Dodson
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    can creatine cause an upset stomach?

vCash
    I swear it does sometimes

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks
    Dale Earnhardt Jr.
    Favorite Athletes: Dirk Nowitzki, Brock Lesnar & Lyoto Machida

vCash
    my stomach really hurt after I drank my protein shake. i drank one Saturday with no creatine and I don't remember any problems. sometimes it bothers me just a little but today was worse.

vCash
    I took some walmart brand creatine once and i had a terrible stomach ache and i no joke..took a crap that was white.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    Everyone has different opinions when it comes to taste... I like on products... I have tried other products that people rave about but I truly find them to sweet for me.
    Or sometimes protein has salt in it. I was drinking some one time, I was like wtf, taste like sweat.
    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    my stomach really hurt after I drank my protein shake. i drank one Saturday with no creatine and I don't remember any problems. sometimes it bothers me just a little but today was worse.
    Could be constipation

vCash
    I would puke if I tasted salt.

New York Yankees

Dallas Mavericks

New Jersey Devils
    Seattle Seahawks