Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Supplements

vCash
    If anyone would like to read another article on post workout myths: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...utrition_myths

All sources are listed at the end of the article.

It specifically touches on post workout carbs, the anabolic window, and different types of protein in a few of the subpoints.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Wrong-ish.

Sure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21289204

Hitting your daily macros is all that matters. Meal timing is irrelevant. There is no anabolic window.

Feel free to read alanaragonblog.com as well.

Per Alan:

And if you don't believe him, that's your problem. He's earned his bachelors and masters in Science of Nutrition (with honors).

Anyone close to the fitness industry the past few years would classify meal timing as 'bro science'.
    I always thought that about 30 mins after your workout was the best time to drink a protein shake because your metabolism is at its highest level. I'll have to look into it more to believe him.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    Tried out Trutein Banana Cream last night and iForce VMS this morning.

Very impressed with both, but the Trutein is definitely superior. Love the taste.

"Last year, we earned respect, but this year we want fear. We want quarterbacks to fear us, and we want offensive lines to fear us." --Ndamokung Suh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies:22419985
    Wrong-ish.

Sure.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21289204

Hitting your daily macros is all that matters. Meal timing is irrelevant. There is no anabolic window.

Feel free to read alanaragonblog.com as well.

Per Alan:

And if you don't believe him, that's your problem. He's earned his bachelors and masters in Science of Nutrition (with honors).

Anyone close to the fitness industry the past few years would classify meal timing as 'bro science'.
    I always thought that about 30 mins after your workout was the best time to drink a protein shake because your metabolism is at its highest level. I'll have to look into it more to believe him.
    bro science. That was the belief years ago before scientific research developed and started taking a bigger role in supplementation and nutrition.
    Last edited by Corey; 06-05-2012 at 02:37 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by levignjw:22420250
    Tried out Trutein Banana Cream last night and iForce VMS this morning.

Very impressed with both, but the Trutein is definitely superior. Love the taste.
    Trutein is my ish. I've had three bowls of banana proats since I got my tub yesterday

vCash
    Corey do you workout a lot? I never see you post anywhere except here lol i dont really know much about your fitness life
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    I do a 3 on 1 off split, I'm almost always on bb.com because I rep for neogenix. Majoring in exercise science in school and expect to have a job in the supplement industry post graduate.

vCash
    bro science. That was the belief years ago before scientific research developed and started taking a bigger role in supplementation and nutrition.
    I see. Well, I looked some things up. Seems that it was indeed a myth.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    I do a 3 on 1 off split, I'm almost always on bb.com because I rep for neogenix. Majoring in exercise science in school and expect to have a job in the supplement industry post graduate.
    Thats pretty sick. I was just curious since i always see you in the supps thread but rarely anywhere else.
    Limitations are for people that have them, and excuses are for people that need them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BroadStBullies:22420959
    I see. Well, I looked some things up. Seems that it was indeed a myth.
    again, though, if it works for you like that....It's perfectly fine....It's just not necessary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by goldglove212:22420982
    Thats pretty sick. I was just curious since i always see you in the supps thread but rarely anywhere else.
    Yarrrrrr. Supplements are my specialty. I spend most of my PSD time in the NBA forums, but I check in here when I'm doing bb.com stuff.

vCash
    again, though, if it works for you like that....It's perfectly fine....It's just not necessary.
    I've been using like that for like 3 weeks now, so I can't really tell yet. I'm also taking a Nutrition and Health class in the fall, so I should be well informed on the subject.
    Philadelphia Phillies
    Philadelphia Eagles
    Philadelphia Sixers
    Philadelphia Flyers

vCash
    If anyone would like to read another article on post workout myths: http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_...utrition_myths

All sources are listed at the end of the article.

It specifically touches on post workout carbs, the anabolic window, and different types of protein in a few of the subpoints.
    thanks for those articles. So what is the suggestion, then? Should I just eat a solid meal?

vCash
    you dont say...I am about to graduate in may with my degree in exercise science.

vCash
    that was a great read corey, thanks!

Thanks 2 knicksr4real for holdn nycsports down with the hottest sig on psd!!!

Page 4 of 74 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast